Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Ericsson admits Xperia X10 mistakes; says 2011 will be better

Previous  1234  Next
Author Sony Ericsson admits Xperia X10 mistakes; says 2011 will be better
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-13 13:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
At least they havent left users on 1.6 permanently

The 2.1 update wasnt the only one provided, there were a few other little updates along the way. You have to remember, x10 family was their first attempt at Android, the lack of experience with the OS was obvious. An upgrade to 2.1 was promised, and they delivered, albeit it took a little while, again, I put that down to lack of experience. And also timescape/mediascape!

I think its safe to say it launched with 1.6 as thats what was available during development stages. Then when the phone was actually released, and promised a 2.1 upgrade, if i remember correctly, it was just before Froyo was announced???? (any one clear that up?

I know they have said it wont get Froyo, but its , they are giving us multi-touch and DLNA (??), which they said it wouldnt get at all, so who knows, Froyo might come after all I never thought it was going to get a Froyo update, even though the hardware can handle it comfortably... Now they have some experience with Android, I expect things to be different, in a good way, ie, speedy upgrades to new versions etc.... Launching phones with latest versions before other manufacturers is a massive plus imho and a step in the right direction...

These are not words from a fanboy, im coming off a galaxy s and use a blackberry currently too. Just my general view on the position of and Android! Like I have said a number of times before, it all comes down to the lack of experience. As an example, you dont just jump on a bicycle and know how to ride it, or jump in a car and know how to drive it, it takes time. Sure have engineers etc, which, although professionals, are only human! They need to familiarise them self with new things before getting better at it!

Edit: this post was mostly in reference to the slow change to 2.1, not the comments about the x10 not getting froyo.
And as someone else said, if ya don't like it, don't buy it!
[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2011-01-13 12:24 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-01-13 13:25
If i remember right they have released statements before about their mistakes nothing has changed much apart from yes their reliability has improved since them bad days of phones falling apart. I tried the x10 for the second time to see how well 2.1 would be. But i do not think its a unique phone. Its just another Android touch screen phone with their stamp on it. There is nothing new or different about it. @Goldenface every other manufacturer bar Nokia and Sony Ericsson were making their candy bar and slide handsets with their own Cyber shot or Walkman branding whatever but when touch screens came about everyone else could keep up so why not Sony Ericsson? Do not get me wrong i love them still i just keep seeing year on year them not really moving very fast or innovating. How come they had touch screen phones so long ago with the P series yet these days they been slow? Considering Sony is behind the brand i have not seen much influence in their phones from them of late and i also do not see how Exmor or Bravia is going to save the brand. I shall eat my words if wrong but as far as i can see the brand is not innovating and not as massive as their potential should be.
Phone?? What phone??
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-13 13:36
>500

I BEG you! What "experience" you're talking about?!

was intentionally neglecting any CONTINUOUS support for every smartphone from the past.
EVERY. It was not luck of experience, it is a strategy to not invest too much into once sold product.

Let me remind you that X1 stopped beeing upgraded once X2 appeared.
X2 was NEVER supported to became stable device.
They intentionally stopped upgrading this device after massive complaints. Outreagous.
I think Aspen never got any upgrade.

It took them 5 years after P990 massacre to admit they were basically fu....ing customers all this time.
AFAIK Satio never became mature either.

This company is a symbol of anti-consumer strategy to earn money. From the whole market they are the worse.
Their online help is disaster.

It is really interesting to see if it really changed.

a w a r e
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-13 13:43
@doministry
im talking specifically about Android, which is what this thread is about!

And honestly, although the x10 isnt getting Froyo apparently, the x10 hasnt exactly been as bad as some make it out to be. End of. (from me that is)

Edit: PS... Although can take some of the blame, the x2 had some other issues out of their control... What do i mean? WM versions before 7 were simply, well.... crap imho!
[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2011-01-13 12:58 ]
KU
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-13 14:18
Talking is good, acting is better. We are going to see what does mean when they say to focus more over hardware...
Because for what we have seen from the xperia arc and the xperia play, there is no front facing camera nore 4G (the différence between the arc and x10 is the same as ds vs dsi...). So will prove they reliability at the MWC where the "fire" will take place, because there is more on more snobfog.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-13 14:27

On 2011-01-13 13:43:41, >500 wrote:
@doministry
im talking specifically about Android, which is what this thread is about!

And honestly, although the x10 isnt getting Froyo apparently, the x10 hasnt exactly been as bad as some make it out to be. End of. (from me that is)

Edit: PS... Although can take some of the blame, the x2 had some other issues out of their control... What do i mean? WM versions before 7 were simply, well.... crap imho!
[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2011-01-13 12:58 ]

Ok sorry for OT. But if "apology" is only about Android, it has even less credibility.
As for WM, you're utterly wrong. 100% of X2 problems is specifically
a w a r e
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-01-13 16:44
I think too many manufacturers put too much of their own software over Android. Every single Android device so far i have had has had lag issues except Samsung Nexus S which is pure Google.
Phone?? What phone??
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2011-01-13 20:10
@bono..i dont agree with the nexus S lag comment. Tried one out today just outta curiosity and it certaintly did have lag. It was a brand new non display one too.
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-01-13 20:48

On 2011-01-13 16:44:00, Bonovox wrote:
I think too many manufacturers put too much of their own software over Android.

Wouldn't all phones look the same if they did not do this?
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-13 21:07

On 2011-01-13 20:48:22, laffen wrote:

On 2011-01-13 16:44:00, Bonovox wrote:
I think too many manufacturers put too much of their own software over Android.

Wouldn't all phones look the same if they did not do this?

Surly they would. Innovation of software is about giving customers userfriendly handsets. And different people want different UIs. Personally I must say that HTC Sense is by far the best UI I have had on a smartphone
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-01-13 21:30
I got a response back from when I posted some issues that I hope they address in future handsets
Phone?? What phone??
TeenInvader
T650 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-14 13:22
Was adnroid not first attempt for most of the phone makers?

And are we suppose to buy the new arc, just a year later since the X10 ... this is just crap ...
http://www.myspace.com/teeninvader
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-14 13:54
Agree. Even if it was their first attemp they have no excuse dropping 2.2 on the x10
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-01-14 15:10
I shall not buy the Arc unless I hear good ratings reviews & feedback. Not rushing into it now. I know I think the Arc ain't pretty but does not mean I won't buy a phone cos of looks
Phone?? What phone??
echo.shane
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-14 15:46

On 2011-01-13 14:18:58, KU wrote:
Talking is good, acting is better. We are going to see what does mean when they say to focus more over hardware...
Because for what we have seen from the xperia arc and the xperia play, there is no front facing camera nore 4G (the différence between the arc and x10 is the same as ds vs dsi...). So will prove they reliability at the MWC where the "fire" will take place, because there is more on more snobfog.

its barely the beginning of the year who knows what they will launch at MWC..."the next big thing"
SERIOUSLY PPL HAVE YOU EVER LISTEN TO THE LYRICS OF THE X10 PROMO VIDEO?
its talking about "my world, how life is messy and i need to make a change.how can it be so strange" there is the link yall should listen keenly Sony Ericsson X10 Promo Vide
[ This Message was edited by: echo.shane on 2011-01-14 14:59 ]
Shane Bygrave - Photographer.Designer.Artist

I Memorable Moments T230, T68i, K310, P1i
I Xperia X10 with 2.3.3
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi