Esato

Forum > General discussions > Esato forum > Almost impossible to sell phones on esato

Previous  12
Author Almost impossible to sell phones on esato
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-03-29 12:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Will certainly not be buying a phone from here again. Gave it another chance and bought from another extremely trusted member who'd received in a trade with another member on here what was described as a Brand New phone which they'd had for 3 days. This phone was also described as being fully boxed with all the accesories, sim free and with a memory card.
After a discussion with the member I bought the phone from prior to them sending the phone. I was told that there was actually no memory card even though the original seller stated there was. The original seller was contacted and they said there was no memory card in the phone when they bought it which is unusual as the memory card has all the default content etc loaded on it + they stated it did come with one in their trade thread. The person I bought the phone from at their digression actually put a memory card in the box. This was a good gesture and they didnt have to do so.
This seller also sent me the phone the day after they received it in the trade.
Received the phone today and discovered the phone was certainly nowhere near the condition that the original seller stated. It had damage to the screen and battery and was running branded firmware (Vodafone). The phones product code also confirmed this. What made it worse is that the phone was certainly not purchased brand new. It was actually purchased used from CEX as a Grade B (it has CEX's warranty sticker behind the battery) and had been unlocked by them. Further research found the phone to be still on a contract which gives me the added risk that it could be blocked at any time and considering the phone was bought as a gift for someone.Theres no way i could let them have it and will now have to ask someone to go and buy me one (I cant go out anywhere as I'm recovering from a severe leg injury) which makes me more out of pocket.

Last time I'll ever be buying a phone on Esato. Too many people selling who cannot be trusted now.
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-03-29 13:25
Sad, very sad.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-03-29 16:41

On 2011-03-29 12:45:12, Rookwise wrote:
Will certainly not be buying a phone from here again. Gave it another chance and bought from another extremely trusted member who'd received in a trade with another member on here what was described as a Brand New phone which they'd had for 3 days. This phone was also described as being fully boxed with all the accesories, sim free and with a memory card.
After a discussion with the member I bought the phone from prior to them sending the phone. I was told that there was actually no memory card even though the original seller stated there was. The original seller was contacted and they said there was no memory card in the phone when they bought it which is unusual as the memory card has all the default content etc loaded on it + they stated it did come with one in their trade thread. The person I bought the phone from at their digression actually put a memory card in the box. This was a good gesture and they didnt have to do so.
This seller also sent me the phone the day after they received it in the trade.
Received the phone today and discovered the phone was certainly nowhere near the condition that the original seller stated. It had damage to the screen and battery and was running branded firmware (Vodafone). The phones product code also confirmed this. What made it worse is that the phone was certainly not purchased brand new. It was actually purchased used from CEX as a Grade B (it has CEX's warranty sticker behind the battery) and had been unlocked by them. Further research found the phone to be still on a contract which gives me the added risk that it could be blocked at any time and considering the phone was bought as a gift for someone.Theres no way i could let them have it and will now have to ask someone to go and buy me one (I cant go out anywhere as I'm recovering from a severe leg injury) which makes me more out of pocket.

Last time I'll ever be buying a phone on Esato. Too many people selling who cannot be trusted now.

That's terrible i don't blame you for never buying a phone from here again i myself have been cheated and lied to by who i thought was a well trusted and respectable member its just no good here anymore.

kumarsiyer
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2011-03-30 05:06
I would like to also bring up to the notice one more thing. I cam to know about the forum from one of my firend, he told that you would get good deals from esato and also if you are ready to pay for the shipping charges you would get the phones an your door step.

With all this I started quoting, send PM's to sellers and did everything, but the problem is the sellers dont trust me because I have a lesser number of posts. I even had a experience here, i contacted a seller for a phone, was ready to pay him the price he quoted and also was ready to pay the shipping charges. He then later told me that he is not ready to shipping to india. I told my friend about this, but when my fiend contacted he was ready to ship to india.

There must be some other way also to trust a member. Am bit disappointed, but am trying my luck again. Lets c
fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-04-07 12:52
So far I've had very good experiences around here, people are very nice and I even shipped abroad.

I think is like Ebay: just matter of luck.

A tip for Rookwise: always request pictures of any phone. That's the best description ever.
"Haters are just confused Admirers" My Website
Foro.DO Facebook Group at http://www.facebook.com/groups/esato/

BBM: 2B5E52DF
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-04-09 14:40
Quote:

On 2011-04-07 12:52:58, fbloise wrote:
A tip for Rookwise: always request pictures of any phone. That\\\\\\'s the best description ever.\\n

Even photos can be wrong. I once bought a phone from a seller on here that described the phone as mint and 100% complete. Also had photos of the phone.
What was received was entirely different than pictured or described.
Even photos can be wrong when someones trying to pull a fast one.
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi