Esato

Forum > General discussions > Esato forum > Almost impossible to sell phones on esato

12  Next
Author Almost impossible to sell phones on esato
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-11-23 18:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Lately i have noticed that its getting harder and harder to sell phones on esato For Sale threads need to be endlessly bumped and even then the best offers seem to come in the way of trades rather than cash deals I try to avoid ebay for the sake of time and costs but at least there you can get your item sold and often for a better price.Who else feels this way?

alenn
Nokia N900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-11-23 18:56
I buy things often from eBay and i live in Croatia.The shipments come very fast
eBay rocks!
strauts
W508 Orange
PM
Posted: 2010-11-23 19:04
maybe they need to rebuild the the sale path, with some sort out options.
STRAUTS
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-11-23 19:11
Or might be just due to the fact that the forum as a whole is generally just very quiet now so not many people around anymore I have seen lots of discussion threads going for days without any reply's
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-11-23 19:25
I think it's because you need members you can trust who visit regularly and most of them already have phones. I've bought 3 phones here and all were great, I think it's still a good place to buy phones, even if it's harder to sell them
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-23 19:39
The market is flooded. That's how I see it. It's just like the sinus function.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-11-23 20:08

On 2010-11-23 19:25:20, mriley wrote:
I think it's because you need members you can trust who visit regularly and most of them already have phones. I've bought 3 phones here and all were great, I think it's still a good place to buy phones, even if it's harder to sell them

Its not that at all i've also bought good phones from here my issue is that it can take far too long to sell phones and sometimes you can't even sell them in all a huge waste of time when you want something sold quickly
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-23 20:41
It also depends what your selling the price & what people want.
Phone?? What phone??
nicv27
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2010-11-23 21:03
i only tend to bid on phones when people put a BIN... a lot of the threads when you ask for a BIN all you get is "Make me an offer" surely the seller has done their research before hand and must have a ball park figure...
Samsung Galaxy S3 White iPad 2 32gb 3G +16/-0 Twitter.nicv27
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-25 18:28
I agree that its a slow process to sell phones on esato lately but the place is fairly quiet these days. I have noticed a lot of high end phones are hardly selling wheras the cheaper mid/low end are the majority that are selling.
Also its possible that with the current economic problems. People haven't got as much money as they would have before to buy a new phone more often than they usually would.

On the other side. I've recently been put off buying phones on here as the last few deals I've done the seller has completely misdescribed the condition of the item or not mentioning the item being a prototype and also times they haven't kept to their side of the deal.
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
nirave
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-12-27 00:51
Have noticed this myself, it can be annoying but I think what Rookwise said is right.

Some deals can go wrong and it kinda puts you off buying from Esato.

Then again, if we can all get the A-Z of Trusted Traders running again, thing might turn around as it can prove to be a valuable tool to recognising the good traders from bad traders.

Would be good to be able to see it on the Esato forum in users profile if that's at all possible?
Follow on twitter: @nirave
Mobile Industry Journalist & Founder of UK Mobile Review and MEA Mobile Review
Follow on twitter [url=h
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2010-12-27 05:26

On 2010-12-27 00:51:19, nirave wrote:
Then again, if we can all get the A-Z of Trusted Traders running again, thing might turn around as it can prove to be a valuable tool to recognising the good traders from bad traders.

Would be good to be able to see it on the Esato forum in users profile if that's at all possible?

Agree, the A-Z can be very useful, but it should've been updated more often, the last update is more than six months ago.
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-12-28 13:11
Its not just about A-Z trusted traders list that can help i know but when long term so called trusted and reliable sellers sell you a product which wasn't as described it kind of puts you off the whole process of buying and selling here.

Without naming any names here (even though i should) i'm sure they will know who there are traded a phone with me and that phone was described as full working order when it fact had 2 major defects and one cost me a fair amout of money to get fixed i would have frankly expected more honesty from someone who has years of trading history here but but it was nothing short of selling by deception and if you can't trust someone who has such a long and positive track record then what is the point of it all?

shelly58
Sony Xperia SP
PM
Posted: 2011-02-09 15:12
Well im back (dont all groan at once ) ive been away from here due to bad health problems but i think lot of it is to due with a lot of people are being careful with their money these days, although i must say ive never had any bad dealings buying from people on here and i hope the same can be said by those who have bought off me in the past.

Plus also my hubby has barred me from buying too many phones now

Im sure in the past the forum has had its quiet moments but it always seems to pick up again..............hopefully
always look on the bright side of life...de dum..de dum..de dum..
Esato Feedback +31

PS3 ID: menalishka
Lo-couk
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-03-10 17:25
Maybe Esato should have their own auction page/site.. E(sato)Bay maybe?
iphone 4 16Gb
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi