Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > How Much Longer Is Sony Ericsson Going to Be Around?

Author How Much Longer Is Sony Ericsson Going to Be Around?
mrjulius
Aino Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-11-24 22:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
SE, first got my attetion is K750i and still they got my attention greatphones, slowupdates.
Xperia Arc S, AinoU10i, x10m, c902, k750i,
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-25 01:04
Slow updates is an understatement
Phone?? What phone??
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-11-25 04:50
Poor software has always...ALWAYS been an issue... it carried over with ...

Hardware was never a problem. Sony actually made things worse with their Memorystick Duo earlier on.

needs to understand the importance of software.

Apple gets it... Apple has so-so hardware... covered in a really cute shell. And efficient software.
has great hardware... in a great shell... bogged down by horrible software support.

The X10 Mini UI is a great concept. But it's way to slow and inefficient. Timescape could be one of the greatest Android apps... bogged down by inefficiency.

The X10 Mini/MP could greatly benefit from the speed increase of Froyo... I switched from ADW to LauncherPro and the increase in response time is incredible. Froyo could really help the tiny 600Mhz CPU on the Mini/MP and make it FEEL like it's bigger brother.

I'd take a vanilla Froyo w/ LauncherPro over the Homescreen UI of the X10 Mini if it meant a 400% speed increase!!!

Google did 90% of the work for already... FOR FREE. I do like the auto config. HTC doesn't have that. But honestly ... MOVE YOUR A$$!!!!

BTW... I still want Sony Nightshot on my camera!
se80
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-25 14:09
They won't be around much longer if they keep releasing poor phones. Taking out Apple..Samsung have the best range plus there's HTC and Blackberry gone mainstream.

SE is going the way of Motorola and Nokia of recent times..however Nokias 2010 range is very good.
Enci1983
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2010-11-26 01:40
Just the facts. Samsung is not big for its innovation, they make phones like crazy. I meen over the years they far away from the other manufacturers by over 600 phones. By last year when samsung had 483 phones in january 2009, I guess someday people recognize that samsung is making a tamagochi look-a-like dozen phones since the past 2 years. Hand in hand with Lg. Sorry but thats the truth. Ooh and apple 4 phones and they are in the top 5 vendors. How come? Coz they know what, how and when. That is the solution. And Nokia, omg they are dissapointing, they're like totally wicked. E7 will cost 700 euro? I had enough of them.
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-11-26 02:31

On 2010-11-25 14:09:30, se80 wrote:
They won't be around much longer if they keep releasing poor phones. Taking out Apple..Samsung have the best range plus there's HTC and Blackberry gone mainstream.

SE is going the way of Motorola and Nokia of recent times..however Nokias 2010 range is very good.

I think Blackberry will die out much sooner. Considering how closed they've become with their system... and pulling Kik Messenger from AppWorld, it's quite clear that BB is feeling the pressure from all sides. AppWorld was lame enough without them taking out Kik.

BB stuck with a very archaic platform, they're even slower to update than ... they have bad hardware, and even worse designs... they only had one thing going...BBM. And when Kik delivered a great little app that did what BBM does across BB, Android and iOS... they realized that they no longer had anything unique. So they pulled it out from AppWorld.

is still ... SLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW software support. Thankfully software can be patched remotely. If they take a step back and get their software dev team in shape... they're gonna see a lot of growth and customer loyalty coming their way really fast.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi