Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > How Much Longer Is Sony Ericsson Going to Be Around?

1234  Next
Author How Much Longer Is Sony Ericsson Going to Be Around?
jms2367
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-02 13:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I don't know if somebody already posted this but I got a laugh about this survey in Gizmodo.

How Much Longer Is Sony Ericsson Going to Be Around?
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-11-02 14:14
I have just voted in forever category.
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2010-11-02 14:27
Truth is SE needs to come with something that's very Wow soon and ofcourse, it should work properly...
"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"
Proverbs 4: 7
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-11-02 14:33
Not too much longer. P990i and then Satio (reincarnated p990i) . You can't treat costumers that way forever.

Nokia is next. They need to change their hardware and update Symbian to get it on "par" with other UI's. Android is coming fast.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-02 16:38
Most people voted forever so far. I have to say although have survived their hardest worst period,things do not look good which is sad Having read yesterday on GSM Arena that in the worlds market share has fallen off the chart Not a good sign I must admit It's showing as

1)Nokia
2)Samsung
3)LG Electronics
4)Apple
5)R.I.M
6)Others

I can only presume has fallen to others

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-11-02 15:43 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-11-02 17:13
Well SE's portfolio of phones is smaller this year isnt it?
They made a profit again this quater as well.
Just because they fell off the top5 doesnt mean its all doom and gloom.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-02 17:19
Yeah,as long as they can keep their heads & their staff heads above water. Hats off to Apple though outselling so many yet they only have 4 phones around
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-11-02 16:21 ]
Phone?? What phone??
NoroBiik
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-03 09:12

On 2010-11-02 16:38:46, Bonovox wrote:
Most people voted forever so far. I have to say although have survived their hardest worst period,things do not look good which is sad Having read yesterday on GSM Arena that in the worlds market share has fallen off the chart Not a good sign I must admit It's showing as

1)Nokia
2)Samsung
3)LG Electronics
4)Apple
5)R.I.M
6)Others

I can only presume has fallen to others

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-11-02 15:43 ]

Cheer up That ranking is actually misleading since Nokia & LG are in a downward spiral with either huge losses or drastic profit reductions in the last quarter. lets see what the list looks like same time next year.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-11-03 14:16
Was going to ignore this thread but changed my mind. Almost all American bloggers/mobile sites are the most pathetic of all in the world and anyone who believes those extremely biased sites is lost.

The few that are decent over there are unfortunately suffering because of the American market and its consumers that are pro American products no matter how mediocre the products are. Nothing wrong with patriotism as long as one acknowledges faults and problems inherent in one's country's products, unfortunately a lot of Americans don't have that mentality.

SE has come off its worst period ever and it can only get better from here on as long as they remain competitive. I saw them falling off the top 5 list a while ago and I don't see them getting back in there until at least late next year or early 2012 if they play their cards right. The difference between SE and RIM is not that much that it is insurmountable and with LG going down and HTC pushing up SE have a very good chance of getting in there again.

Next year is likely to be a very good year for SE, from Q2 onwards that is, so they are here to stay in my opinion.

LG are the ones on their way out of the top 5. Next year this time they will be out of it.
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2010-11-03 13:20 ]
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
mario2004
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-11-03 19:18
Can you believe it. And 5 or so years ago most chaps in here thought SE will be number 1 by 2010 LOL. Now they are closer to number 10 Even HTC sales more. Sorryericsson has really become a insignificant manufacturer. Who cares . . .
'Better govern our selfs the wrong way, then be governed by 'others' the right way.'
- Robert Mugabe - Freedom fighter comarade, peoples hero and President of Zimbabwe.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-03 20:52

On 2010-11-03 14:16:26, Dups! wrote:
Was going to ignore this thread but changed my mind. Almost all American bloggers/mobile sites are the most pathetic of all in the world and anyone who believes those extremely biased sites is lost.

The few that are decent over there are unfortunately suffering because of the American market and its consumers that are pro American products no matter how mediocre the products are. Nothing wrong with patriotism as long as one acknowledges faults and problems inherent in one's country's products, unfortunately a lot of Americans don't have that mentality.

SE has come off its worst period ever and it can only get better from here on as long as they remain competitive. I saw them falling off the top 5 list a while ago and I don't see them getting back in there until at least late next year or early 2012 if they play their cards right. The difference between SE and RIM is not that much that it is insurmountable and with LG going down and HTC pushing up SE have a very good chance of getting in there again.

Next year is likely to be a very good year for SE, from Q2 onwards that is, so they are here to stay in my opinion.

LG are the ones on their way out of the top 5. Next year this time they will be out of it.
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2010-11-03 13:20 ]

I hope it gets better mate. I am actually loving my x8 at the moment it's a really nice phone. I want to keep churning out good phones but also I think they do need to catch up with the big boys a bit. Look at HTC & others who throw out 2.1 & 2.2 Android devices with no problems but dither & takes so long to release updates. I just hope their next top Android devices do not have 1.6 again @norobiik I was thinking that weather it was upto date that chart. Look at LG,for a while they were churning out quite expensive high end phones(but not many smart phones)now they are releasing very cheap Android or their own OS phones. I think LG have maybe lost their way a little.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-11-03 19:57 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Run_dawn10
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-11-04 02:54
I agree with this comment.

SE makes the best dumbphones. Everything just works. SE phones have better media players than some Nokia phones I've every seen.
SE makes the best dumbphones around. Period. And if you have some time to tinker around them, they're not so dumb anyway. In SE phones everything just WORKS. I don't have to wait for some software upgrade to get full bluetooth support, cameras are simply the best i've seen in any phone, they're cheap and every new model works just like the older one. With no problem I can use it as a bluetooth remote control for my laptop. I've got HTC Hero now, but any advantages having smartphone over "dumb"phone are larger screen and one big central app market

[ This Message was edited by: Run_dawn10 on 2010-11-04 01:57 ]
Nokia 6070 (2006-2009), K550 (second hand 2009-2010), Hazel (J20i) (2010-2011), Samsung Galaxy S II (2011-2012), Samsung Galaxy S III (2012-2014), Sony Xperia Z3 (2014-)
jms2367
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-04 12:01
+1

SE's feature phones are the best imho.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-04 22:20
Yes,I still love dumb ass phones
Phone?? What phone??
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-04 22:26
I believe they will be around for quite some time. Imo their "dumb" phones are better than their smart ones. I have had the G900, Satio, Vivaz, X10/mini/pro and none of them managed to impress me enough to keep them for a long period of time
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi