Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Oh well just my dumb phone suggestion
Phone?? What phone??
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-03 15:34

(There's one more actually: S30. It's a so called moron OS - an extra dumbed down dumbphone OS. In fact it is so dumb that if the C902 was a Nokia phone then it would be running S30.)
[ This Message was edited by: AbuBasim on 2010-10-03 14:36 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-10-03 16:24
I remember s30 oh gosh they don't still make them do they? S40 although easy to use has got to be the most boring ui ever put that next to Symbian & and what has Nokia got. Not a alot really. But moron so we have moron phones dumb phones & the dated version of Android Donut Your either dumb a moron or a donut. What would you call Symbian? Perhaps next to s40 it's dumb & dumber

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-10-03 15:33 ]
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-10-03 18:12

On 2010-09-22 19:41:09, etaab wrote: ...

People have a major disatisfaction with Symbian, but thats not really fair on Symbian. Symbian has been licenced to many companies who have implemented it poorly in their phones which has given Symbian a bad reputation, which should really be directed at the hardware manufacturer. Its not pure coincidence that each manufacturer has bad Symbian implementation other than Nokia. SE, they screwed up the Satio version of Symbian, then did the same with the Vivaz. Samsung, they did a poor job too with the i8910 also. All of these phones have good hardware but a badly implemented version of a great OS.

The Symbian OS is just as good as Android, in fact its better because it has been around for longer. You can do more things on a Symbian phone than any other with possibly the exception of Windows Mobile. Android and iOS are really immature operating systems which have major shortcommings when you really compare them to Symbian if you have some technical knowledge. Look at the iPhone 4, still no true multitasking. Android, like Apple, poor Bluetooth implementation and until recently you couldnt even install apps to memory cards.

I love mobile phones and use advanced functions you get with a smartphone. Such functions arent possible with Android or iOS just yet. So come on guys, wake up, because behind Android's pretty user interface and smooth scrolling menus its very basic in its operation, which is why i still cannot own an Android or Apple phone as my main phone, they're just so bloody limited !

Sorry but the highlighted text is wrong. Samsung, LG, and a few others have been licensed Symbian for just shy of a decade and have NOT implemented it poorly per se, but because certain business practices by Nokia has left THEM out in the cold:
* Lack of licensing certificates to licensees.
- making certificates for Nokia's own use and thus the more appealing applications internal or 3rd party ONLY run on Nokia phones - this includes THEMES.
* Lack of timely Symbian OS builds to the licensees; how many generations of Symbian are equally released by Samsung, Nokia and LG simultaneously.
- Never has happend because Nokia wanted to benefit first with multiple devices before the competition.
* Ever wonder why Lenovo was such a LONG TIME licensee with Symbian and yet NEVER shipped a device - even in Chinese market using that OS?!! Hmmm. HP as well - yet HP had server side application suite that supported Symbian for some time.

To say that Samsung or LG did not have the engineers capable of making S60 flavor of Symbian as good or better than Nokia is a crock. Samsung in particular has the developers and resources to make as many devices, market them worldwide, and ship on time as much as Nokia does and just as quickly - you can SEE that with the Galaxy S & Tab most recently using Android. They're not playing around but when you keep getting screwed over by the hand that feeds you its time to shun them.

's issue was getting into bed with Motorola regarding UIQ Symbian - without researching what Motorola has done so many times in the past: Sendo thanks to Motorola & Microsoft Moto bought patents & licensing kept developers for the GoodTechnology server and then pounced when the timing was right for 1 device, and 1 re-release and dropped it in a heart beat. Licensing ownership terms where on a sliding scale that benefited Motorola an they dropped out. I cannot recall the other time Motorola has done similar things with other competitors in the global market but Sendo is the most memorable.

UIQ although good at what it offered really was not pushed to quickly and rapidly evolve for the changing consumer and business market, SE got lazy plain and simple. P990 was a great device, P1i as well, but the pricing and volume did get as high as say the W9xx series or the Mxxx series.

will jump in with Windows Mobile 7 or whatever its called a bit too early and pay the exhorbitant licensing costs and take considerable time to launch a device using it is not a smart strategy in a very cut-throat market. They SHOULD design a device that could either use Android or WM7 and wait until Samsung, Motorola, LG, HTC, etc get in early on the WM7 party then surprise the world with a top-tier device or a low-end mid-tier device that is quality built, great styling, and low price yet still offers great per unit profits and market the FUNK out of it so as to reach critical volume. All the other manufacturers are thinking top tier right now.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-10-03 18:17
I remember we had the Sendo factory here in Birmingham
Phone?? What phone??
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-10-04 14:40
@etaab

Clearly you love Symbian and there is nothing wrong with that but clutching at the straws trying to defend it is just not on on so many levels. I couldn't believe your assertion that Symbian is better than Android because it is older.

I won't repeat everything pointed by others but I agree with Tsepz_GP and Prom1 on all counts.

I just want to add the following: SE has been using Symbian since it was formed, inheriting it from Ericsson (Ericsson R380s), and for you to make it seem like they joined Symbian recently is inaccurate and misleading. UIQ was/is Symbian in touch format but since Nokia had all the resources coupled with SE's failure to fully support UIQ, the dreadful S60 was chosen as the base for Symbian 1 and now Symbian 3 which is nothing but S60 enhanced. SE hasn't been adopting and then dumping any OS like Tsepz_GP pointed they are still using Android and Windows but have suspended Symbian though if you ask me I believe they've unofficially ditched Symbian which would make it the FIRST smartphone OS they have ever dropped.

Symbian has some catching up to do in terms of the user interface and experience plus comparable app stores and apps in relation to Android and iOS. The fact that Gingerbread is touted as a powerful version capable of leading the rest (from the previews I've read) says a lot when you consider that Froyo is superb (recent reviews). Symbian has its work cut out for sure.

I'm looking to see what Symbian 4 has to offer in comparison to Gingerbread but from where I stand it looks shaky for Symbian.

The Symbian Foundation should've leveraged more on UIQ's expertise on touch UI than the pathetic S60. I say sidelining UIQ was pushing Symbian far back that it will not be able to catch up to android or iOS where it matters- touch ui. App stores and apps are secondary but very important.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-04 21:37
Well you're all entitled to your opinions even when they're wrong. Its hard to educate the ignorant.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-10-04 22:35

Is that all you have, calling me ignorant and claiming that I'm wrong without proving where I am wrong?

That says a lot about you.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-10-04 22:43
@etaab that's not very nice just cos someone is not of the same opinion of you does not mean they are ignorant. Though ignorance can be bliss
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-10-04 23:26
We are ignorant? oh dear.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 08:27

On 2010-10-04 21:37:47, etaab wrote:
Its hard to educate the ignorant.

A sign of intelligence is to always have better counterarguments in a discussion. Resorting to insults is a sign of someone reaching his limit.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 10:45
No its a sign i havent been on Esato since Friday / Saturday and couldnt be bothered reading pages of negative biased opinions, then having to reply to them.

I really cannot be bothered. Theres no point in trying to reason with people who are just ignorant to Symbians good points over other operating systems. Dups! for me killed any sort of point in replying, when he said "you love Symbian and there is nothing wrong with that but clutching at the straws" - just a complete ignorant thing to say, especially with the evidence and strong arguement i have put forward.

So therefore, you guy can keep your limited functionality operating systems just because they have a pretty face. Ill make my move to another OS when they're worthy of the intelligent mans money.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 11:16
You havent put out a single good arguement. The only ignorant thing that keeps popping up is your "only pretty UI" comment, showing your complete lack of experience with Android, you claim to have used a Desire, but your posts make one wonder if you ever even got past just looking the homescreen.
Dups! is correct, you are indeed clutching at straws.
Ps. There's nothing at this point that Symbian does that Android cant do, "Limited functionality OS" just shows more of your ignorance.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 11:24
Says the guy who bases all of his comments on opinion rather than fact.

You're all coming across as Android fanboys, you're unable to say a good thing about Symbian. But i have said lots of good things about Apple and Android. You guys cannot do the same.

You even claim nobody is interested in developing apps for the N8, even though Symbian 3 SDKs were given to developers long ago. Nokia even state theres thousands of apps already available for the N8 in their advertisments. When i visit their new Ovi store for Symbian 3, it again says otherwise. Check it out
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 11:37
Aah well, I won't bother with this thread anymore seeing how emotional and insulting some people are.

I'll keep on with my ignorance and fanboyism

Like Bonovox pointed out, sometime ignorance is bliss

I'm out!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic