Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > First impressions of Samsung Wave & Bada OS

Author First impressions of Samsung Wave & Bada OS
pao9195
K770 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-12 09:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
what are the websites that anyone can download avi, mkv, and divx videos on Wave?
Devices: Sony Ericsson k770i and Samsung Wave S8500
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2010-10-25 23:39

On 2010-10-12 09:54:29, pao9195 wrote:
what are the websites that anyone can download avi, mkv, and divx videos on Wave?

dude, you from the philippines? i am too.

anyway, try to search for movies via torrent. thats what i do
karlsson
Xperia X8 White
PM
Posted: 2010-10-27 06:42
Is it possible to shut off Gprs and 3g in bada os? Do anyone know.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-27 18:56
No i dont think it is. If you go to settings / connectivity / network / network mode you will see you can only choose from automatic or UMTS. Theres no option to turn the phone into a 2g phone. Again, a very limited setting which shows the immaturity of Bada.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2010-10-27 19:11
can in resize the size of the font when reading messages?
karlsson
Xperia X8 White
PM
Posted: 2010-10-28 06:12

On 2010-10-27 18:56:04, etaab wrote:
No i dont think it is. If you go to settings / connectivity / network / network mode you will see you can only choose from automatic or UMTS. Theres no option to turn the phone into a 2g phone. Again, a very limited setting which shows the immaturity of Bada.
Ok thanks.Thats rule it out for me.
[ This Message was edited by: karlsson on 2010-10-28 05:13 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-28 18:18
My word is not completely true though, i dont own a Bada phone, i just get lots of play time with my girlfriends Wave. Also her phone is running release firmware, its not up to date, therefore the option might be in new firmware (not likely though).

Also keep an eye on the Wave 2 due out late this year. It might come with the necessary settings you need.

Personally if you havent bought a phone yet id go for the N8. Amazing battery life, great screen, amazing camera and a brilliant OS which does allow you to turn off 3g amongst many other customisable settings.
dude_se
K750
PM
Posted: 2010-10-29 19:57

On 2010-10-27 18:56:04, etaab wrote:

not true. i thought this, but updated firmware and now im running on 2g.

im also now running bada 1.2
10 +'ve feedback's, 0 -'ves
---------------------------
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-29 23:51
Its ok saying that, but how ?

I have my girlfriends Wave sat here in front of me and see no options to disable UMTS / 3G / HSDPA.
pao9195
K770 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-03 07:57
@ etaab:

no you can switch the network mode either automatic,gsm or umts. My firmware is S8500DXJF3.

@ bronxdude:

yes you can change the font size by changing the font style from display settings but if you tap the message, it will back to the normal font.
mrjulius
Aino Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-11-03 11:54

try this.

use total video converter. to resize the video. and you can save more memory
Xperia Arc S, AinoU10i, x10m, c902, k750i,
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-11-03 20:46
Like i said, i saw no options in my girlfriends Wave. Either its because its running old firmware or simply because its an earlier version of Bada.
aldrinus
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2010-11-19 04:07
after a very long time of not being here, here i am again!

i have been a loyal SE user for the longest time but just recently (yesterday) got myself a Wave GT-S5253 unit primarily because of its touted features and of course, the price. i toyed around with it last night until the wee hours of this morning and my final conclusion is that its living up to its much-publicized hype (at least here in my country).

it looks like a second-rate iPhone alright but i don't mind. its the features that i am after in the end, not necessarily the brand. it runs the latest phone OS from Samsung: the bada, which as everyone knows is a relatively new system. for everyone's information, bada is not like a Windows that smartphones runs. bada is a proprietary OS for Samsung just like Symbian for Nokia, etc. one can only expect things by what it can currently offers. bada, like i said is relatively new, thus, there are a few apps available for phones running it. we can only expect for more apps in the near future (i hope).

so far, so good. it does fine and gives me the things i basically wanted in a new phone. it being a touch phone is a given but having wifi b/g/n is a sure plus (specially from where i am)... browsing around its features is very simple as the menu is quite basic (which is plus to me)... so far, the only thing that doesn't impress me that much is its camera. but the camera thing is not much of importance of me since i have a stand alone unit to do that job for. of course, pundits will say the today's high-end phone should have that feature, phone these days being an all-in-one device for most people. i had that thing in mind when i was using those SE phones. but the Wave camera could have already added that AF feature. its the only thing lacking for me to consider this unit as an all-rounder.

so far, so good... i am loving this unit. the last Samsung i had was the D600 which is still working fine but already passed on to my younger brother. Samsung builds it units quite well as proven by that great slider (almost 6 years already and still kicking ass!)... this new Wave phone i guess is pretty much well built, too. the case texture is just a bit too slippery (as my wife has observed)... i am also planning to find and get a suitable protective case to at least protect that gorgeous screen.

reading from the previous comments for this unit thus far gives me an impression that most owners are wanting more from what the unit can offer. i just can't help but throw the question of why they didn't somehow did a little research about the unit before buying it. i did and i knew beforehand what to expect. and for the price that i got it, i guess i am pretty much satisfied. had i wanted a unit that offers more features, i would have gotten another unit!... peace to all... this is just my 2-cents.

i guess the only thing that will really make this unit that exciting for me is a firmware upgrade which eventually will spell out some really cool (hopefully) features and other really useful apps. i just hope that these FW upgrades will be coming out soon for new fans of this Samsung bada phones... new FWs = better features and of course, better performance...
"Life is an echo. It gives back what you have given."

Rule of Thirds.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-11-19 19:07
Just to clarify if you meant me, i dont own a Wave, but my girlfriend does, so i get hands on experience of the phone very frequently.
pao9195
K770 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-23 04:03

On 2010-10-25 23:39:42, bronxdude wrote:

dude, you from the philippines? i am too.

anyway, try to search for movies via torrent. thats what i do
ok can you please give me the link of that torrent sites? thanks
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic