On one of the other home screens. I downloaded the Star Trek clock
Phone?? What phone??
Mano82
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-07-13 16:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
- Can not recommend the iPhone 4

There are problems with reception on the iPhone 4 This shows the tests conducted by Consumer Reports, which will not recommend anyone to buy iPhone 4.

after thorough testing has Conusmer Reports found that they can not recommend anyone to buy the iPhone 4 because of the big problems with signal reception. When a finger or hand touches a point on the lower left side of the phone signal can be so bad that you lose coverage altogether.

Consumer Reports is the magazine published by Consumers Union, an organization in the United States equivalent to the Consumer Council of Norway.

Problem on all phones

They tested three copies of the iPhone 4 and all these had the same problem. Testing was conducted under controlled conditions in a chamber that is shielded from radio signals from the outside. Here they set up a test base station connected the iPhone 4, and all phones had the same problem.

This allows the Consumer Reports pulls in doubt Apple's recent statement that signal problems due to a software error that makes the phone shows two extra "lines" at full coverage, and that it then appears that the actual signal loss is much higher.

It is suggested, however, a temporary solution: Attach the gaffer tape or other thick tape on the side of the phone. Then the problem disappears completely. A cover can also be thought to resolve the issue.

That there are problems with the antenna to the iPhone 4 is also a known fact, but this is the first labtest actually confirms it. Consumer Reports found that the signal can fall by 20 dB when you place a finger over anetenna, which is enough to get a broken conversation.

Consumer Reports can therefore not recommend the iPhone 4, although it said it has the market's sharpest video and best video.

Read Complete Report Here: http://blogs.consumerreports.org/electronics/2010/07/apple-iphone-4-antenna-issue-iphone4-problems-dropped-calls-lab-test-confirmed-problem-issues-signal-strength-att-network-gsm.html

Watch the video:
http://video.consumerreports.org/services/player/bcpid21495733001?bctid=111613310001
the_ahmadzai
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-07-13 22:52
Trust me I'll never buy a apple product anymore . I sold my 3gs to buy xperia x10 and in 2 months I had to replace my iPhone 5 times .apple has terrible customer service and the workers are idiots who don't know shit. They pissed me off and I told them iPhone sucks and android is the best and she was like *what is android* and walked away lol. From that day I promise myself I'll never buy iPhone again . 1st of all even u jailbreak iPhone they r some restrictions and stuff u can't do but with x10 and android u can customize the s**t of out it.
Pochi
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2010-07-28 16:59
Want a nice phone with almost no problems, snappy and feels "Widgety"? Get the HTC Desire.

Otherwise, if you want a phone to sort up your messages (facebook, emails, contacts etc), and more into multimedia and want a decent camera? Get the X10.

Stay away from iPhone 4 if you want a "phone that calls", because you'll lose the signal quite often with it
Visit My Blog At: http://www.ffxivlife.com/
SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2010-07-28 20:49
I think the htc desire is a great device, I just wouldn't be able to live with just ~150mb for installing apps (that's not enough for a single serious 3d game). The X10 is sexy and I like the design, but I refuse to buy a phone with android 1.6 on july 2010. IMO the samsung galaxy S seems like a great device, better then both. My only concern is about updates. You gotta bet samsung is gonna updated it to froyo in the following months, even after leaving other android phones (the older galaxy) without updates so far.
The iphone 4 is a great device, I just didn't buy apple's solution to the antenna problem. I think we should wait till october to see if apple is gonna do something to the design or not.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-07-28 23:19
Desire owners should get Froyo update in the next few days so you should be able to save your apps to the sd card now.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi