Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > X10 vs HTC Desire vs iPhone 4

Author X10 vs HTC Desire vs iPhone 4
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-06-20 20:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I prefer Android but my phone is not quite as high tech as others but it's still great with a stunningly fast performance the LG Optimus GT540
Phone?? What phone??
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-06-20 21:10

On 2010-06-20 20:24:18, rikken wrote:
It is a matter of taste guys. Some like the iPhone and some prefer the Android. Different people want different things. No point in saying that my phone is better than yours. None of us have made our phones anyway

Well spoken. Instead of us trying to show why-my-phone-is-better-than-yours perhaps we should just simply say what it is that we like about our phones like Bonovox above?

I like my 3Gs because of it's modest but still well-performing 3MP camera which at least in good lights gives me photos without any hints of noise reduction and sharpening. And the iPod player is marvelous in the way it handles media. I especially like the way it handles gapless music albums: if you have several songs which follow without gaps then the iPod player will play them just like that. And how I can watch video files and it remembers where I stopped the last time so I don't need to fast forward. I have a whole bunch of ripped DVDs (with AnyDVD and Nero Recode) that I watch while traveling. And good apps: my main app is for business, DocsToGo for viewing and editing office files.
[ This Message was edited by: AbuBasim on 2010-06-20 20:15 ]
Mano82
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-20 22:01

On 2010-06-20 21:10:57, AbuBasim wrote:
And how I can watch video files and it remembers where I stopped the last time so I don't need to fast forward.

X10 does the same, even Aino (an many other phones) remembers where we stopped the video last time
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-06-20 22:04
its also worth mentioning though that once the iphone is synched you can watch the same video on the pc/mac, again from the same point... or on the ipad, again from the same point etc etc... same with ibooks which remember the page you're on, on each device
lukechris
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-20 22:09
Hmmmm, only just noticed this, and it is a bit unfair, we can't compare iPhone 4 yet to anything as it only comes out tomorrow. Personally for me, it was between X10 and Desire, and Desire ticked all the right boxes, for the main reason that it was 2.1 (2.2 soon)

EDIT: Mano82's post sums it up nicely
[ This Message was edited by: lukechris on 2010-06-20 21:12 ]
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-06-20 22:11
This was a big thing for me when I got the 3Gs. The phone I had before, a Nokia E90, had a large screen but only RealPlayer for videos. Not very nice when watching long movies if you have to fast forward one hour to continue where you stopped earlier.

Another feature I appreciate is how that the iPod player keeps track of what podcasts I've played and how far if not finished. You could install Nokia Podcasting on the E90 and it allowed downloading podcasts directly to the phone but it wouldn't remember how far each podcast had been played.
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-06-21 03:42
The reason I choose X10 :
- its blazin fast
- it has widget (widget very important to me)
- it can do multitasking (I can do several other things while using navigator)
- fully customizable (its very open)
- easy to transfer files to other phone or pcs (it behaves like usb drive)
- the look (its so beautiful)

Unless iphone can do the above, I'm not going to change.
nasko_nankov
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-06-21 06:28
Things i didnt like about my iphone 3gs that i sold to get the x10:

1. Everyone has one or will have one - you think you have somthing nice to show to your friends, you pull out the iphone and then you look around and everyone has it. Big minus for me.

2. I tunes - i will not describe what i dont like about it as i dont like a single thing about it.

3. The OS - it is just a very limited and boring OS (it might be fucntional but its still limited and boring).

4. No removable MicroSD card - like wtf really

5. No removable battery and battery life - i have 3 friends with iphones that have send their iphone for repair due to battery craping out after 5-6 months not holding any charge or draining in 2-3 hours

6. You have to jailbreak the phone to get walpapers - after you do that problems start - phone slows down quite a bit exits apps on its own needs respringing all the time etc...

7. Small screen - since i got the x10 i dont think i can go back to anything smaller.

8. The small screen scratches very easily so you have to buy aftermarket invisble shield (that oleophobic coating keeps fingerprints away but scratches way more easily than the 3g)

I can keep going on quite a bit with other things like no bluetooth transfer, you need too cut a song to have it as an ringtone etc.. but this post is getting big so ill stop. Just wanted to point out some things when looking to buy an iphone.

Things i like about the x10

1. Android OS - Its just amazing the things you can do with it, all the customization the looks and all the freedom you have with it are unbelievable.

2. Big Ass Screen - The 4" inch screen is just gorgeous

3. Snapdragon cpu- The processor is just fast, the whole phone performs fast with all kinds of widgets and apps running and doesnt slow down with just a background like the 3gs.

4. 8.1 Mp Camera - Awesome camera

5. Removable MicroSD Card - its so much more easy with it

6. Removable Battery - No explanation needed

7. Screen Comes with factory installed screen protector - no need to buy an aftermarket one

8. Last but not least the phone looks - The x10 is just sexy best looking phone out there imo

Things i dont like about the x10

1. No multitouch - not really a big deal as Sony have a much better solution to zoom and for games wich i dont play a lot is fine as most games dont need multitouch at least the ones i play (i dont play joystic games) but would've been nice to have

2. 384 ram - Thats again no big deal as its more then the iphones but it wouldve been nice to have 512+ as some other phones have it (nexus one, desire, evo etc..)

3. No root yet lol

4. android 1.6 - wich is not bad but it would be nice to get updated to 2.1 or 2.2 sooner as they are improved and faster

Thats about it..
[ This Message was edited by: nasko_nankov on 2010-06-21 05:32 ]
Cluster
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-06-21 12:58
I dont really see why anyone would choose X10 before the Desire.

Desire is faster, more ram, multitouch and the really nice sense UI, plus its 2.1 android OS, soon to be 2.2.

Ive played around quite a bit with my friends X10, Iphone 3gs and Desire before I made up my mind. I must say the decision was easy to make.

Desire.
rbg777
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-06-21 13:41
To the OP: Wait for reviews to come out for the Iphone 4 before you make your mind if you can. All signs point to that phone being an absolute beast .

As for me, I'm using a HTC Desire and I couldnt love it more. Great widgets, great screen (except in sunlight when its useless and some great apps.

I considered the Iphone, but seeing as how I personally cannot stand iTunes and synching with iTunes and im not prepared to pay such a premium for a phone, im passing on iPhone 4. I really wish android has something a great ass the iTunes store, or some of the excellent games the iPhone, but not having either is not a deal breaker for me. Never used/seen an X10, but hear good things from people who have.

As others have said, either way you cant go wrong!
SKIBBE
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-21 14:13
Sony Ericsson Sense is one nice thing with x10 android default skin/os layout is not to my liking
History
t20e > t68i(t68 f/w) > t610i > k700i > W900i > W960i > x10i > Current: Misty Silver Arc
Mano82
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-21 15:37

On 2010-06-21 12:58:08, Cluster wrote:
I dont really see why anyone would choose X10 before the Desire.

Desire is faster, more ram, multitouch and the really nice sense UI, plus its 2.1 android OS, soon to be 2.2.

Ive played around quite a bit with my friends X10, Iphone 3gs and Desire before I made up my mind. I must say the decision was easy to make.

Desire.

If anyone want to get a better camera, big screen, better screen in SUNLIGHT etc etc, he would choose X10 before Desire
SKIBBE
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-21 15:42
Mano82: yeah the pic you and your friend compared did talk for themselfs. huge difference in both color and details
History
t20e > t68i(t68 f/w) > t610i > k700i > W900i > W960i > x10i > Current: Misty Silver Arc
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2010-06-21 16:00
former 3gs user now x10 user.. future iphone4 user

The x10 isn't a bad device i've gotten quite use to android now and it does have it's +'s. I've had my phone for about a month now and the OS can get quite laggy (randomly) but overall it is quite fast. I get random black screens and what not but from what i've researched the random lag is an android issue.

Overall the iphone is just more polished, better apps, better games better overal product at this point imo. In terms of stability never had any issues with my jailbroken iphone.. backgroundr was great for multitasking and changing fonts themes etc. with winterboard was easy. Overall I just think the current iphone platform just delivers the based in style and substance but android will continue to compete i'm sure.
Shaolinmonk on HOFO Official PHONE JUNKIE
My P1i Review
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=152437&start=0
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2010-06-21 17:23
Went through youtube and forums about Xperia. I'm very impressed with Android. After doing a lot of research, I exactly understand every word from x10 users out here. Now that I have almost made up my mind with x10, I'm being more greedy of having Android 2.2. So anybody knows when Android 2.2 for Xperia x10 going to come out?

Thank you all. Likewise Esato has always been a very helpful forum
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi