Add to Bookmarks
Author X10 vs HTC Desire vs iPhone 4
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-19 14:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2010-06-19 14:35:00, Bonovox wrote:
I have heard a lot of people stating the x10 is slow with bad battery life.

That is also my experience Still a good phone tho`
But I wish those guys over at SE could be as quick as those at HTC when it comes to updates. Read somewhere that froyo is due next week ?
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2010-06-19 15:07
Alright it's time for me to buy a new phone and sadly I think it's not going to be SE anymore.

Currently am using X1i and i'm pretty happy with the phone but some of the keys on qwerty board is not working and volume button does not work anymore so I cannot ugrade the firmware. I'm from India and the service center does not give a shit about the volume button as my warranty period is over. It's time for a new phone.

Talking about X10 - I've heard it's slow and the battery life is not good. It still needs firmware updates. I am very happy with Sony Ericsson phones but it's high time they release a proper firmware and not wait for updates. I have been through this process with K700,W800i,P910i,P990i,P1i and X1i. Now the market has changed a lot and I cannot do this anymore. Wait for the proper firmware and then you get satisfied, only if the bugs are fixed.

Now iPhone 4 - I didn't like iPhone or 3GS only because I thought it still lacked quiet a lot of features which are now in iPhone 4 and looking at the features of iPhone 4, it's pretty amazing that it beats X10 in many areas like facetime and the screen resolution. I did hear iPhone was intially slow but I did hear that iPhone 3GS is fast and iPhone 4 is even faster so there I assume I shouldn't have any complaints about the speed and updating the firmware.

Now let's forget the features. My usage now has changed a lot. I use e-mails service and browser like very most of the time. And then there is calling and messaging that's it! I don't really care about games at all. I play Pocket UNO on my Xperia and I love it. Basically I just need one simple game to entertain myself if am standing in a line or getting bored which doesn't really happen that much. I need good battery life and that's what stopping me from X10 and I myself saw the X10 running little slow at a shop. I was suprised but may be that piece was old or soemthing. I don't know.

I need someone who can help me out with this. No HTC/Samsung/LG or any other. Either iPhone or SE !!!

Thank you.
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-06-19 16:05
Hmm.. seriously, this is the first time I heard that the X10 is slow. From my and some other friends experience, the phone is blazing fast even the time scape is fast. Perhaps there is an application the cause the phone to be slow. This is one of the problem with multitasking phone. If you have one dodgy application running in the background that hogging the memory or cpu, your phone will be slow. Perhaps this is the reason why apple does not include multitasking in the iphone in the beginning.

As for the battery... as stated in the user manual, the batteey need several charging cycles to be in full performance and that os what happen. In the beginning the battery was quite bad but after several cycles I can get more than 1 day. Its good considering the screen size an the cpu speed.

.. and I'm using X10 a lot for web browsing. Now the X10 has taken over my notebook for web browsing.

From my experience, I don't see any advantage iphone has over X10 and I don't like the limitations iphone has such as bluetooth file transfer, mp3 ringtone etc. In this regard, android has the advantage over iphone and X10 has the advantage in terms of camera and in the design department.
Luhccas-U1a
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-19 16:11
@rikken,disable automatic update search and you'll see the "magic" happens
About speed of the phone it's quite fast... I had a Milestone before it and i feel X10 faster than it.
Nothing on the phone is sluggish.
Everything works fine and smoothly.
is a lifestyle!
sambouka
Ericsson T39
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-19 16:55
@Indiandawg
Have been using the x10 for 2 months, no signs of sluggishness whatsoever
As for the battery, I managed to have 48 hours , until I installed the ADW Laucher => I reach now 72 hours with moderate use
gh680-gh628-t19-t28-t39-t200-z200-v800-w810i-w900i-p910i-w850i-z610-z310i-m600-w880i-w910i-g900-c902-w705-g705-x1-w995-aino-satio-x10-vivaz-x10mini-play-arc-neo-xperias-xperiaion-xperiago-z-zultra-z1compact-z3-z3compact-z5premium-xa1ultra-xz2-xz3-xperia1
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-06-19 17:37
Despite the complaints im still going for the X10, IMO the 2.1 update is going to make it quite a machine,and that 1500mAh batt will last much longer im sure.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
SKIBBE
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-19 18:59
It's hard for me, i admit i am a SE fan boi, but facts as BT transfers and mp3 ringtones (things that i could do with my k700 to any phone 7 years back... iphone is to limited, but it sells anyway so i "must" be a god phone? or is it just design and good marketing.... you decide. wich one will give you more chicks?
History
t20e > t68i(t68 f/w) > t610i > k700i > W900i > W960i > x10i > Current: Misty Silver Arc
Mano82
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-19 19:32

On 2010-06-19 16:05:58, MyP910 wrote:
Hmm.. seriously, this is the first time I heard that the X10 is slow. From my and some other friends experience, the phone is blazing fast even the time scape is fast. Perhaps there is an application the cause the phone to be slow.

I think you are right about that. Phone is not sloq at all, but if you have many application like StartUp Auditor, Task Killer etc, You may feel slowness some time, because these kind of applications works directly in system. I had many these kind of application & my phone got slow. I did a factory reset & now i've just Advanced Task Killer, and my phone is really as fast as it should be
SKIBBE
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-19 23:59
Mano82 wich task killer is it there are many with the same name i use some other, seems like yours is better.
History
t20e > t68i(t68 f/w) > t610i > k700i > W900i > W960i > x10i > Current: Misty Silver Arc
Mano82
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-20 00:04

On 2010-06-19 23:59:34, SKIBBE wrote:
Mano82 wich task killer is it there are many with the same name i use some other, seems like yours is better.

I use Advanced Task Killer and i think there is only one with this name pretty good. Don't know if it really improve battery life, but it at least kills unnecassary running applications but always remember to set "system applications" to put in ignore list
SKIBBE
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-20 00:14
one is made by RrChild and one by Bright Wallace
History
Mano82
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-20 00:34
I'm using Advanced Task Killer Pro 1.7.6 by ReChild
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-06-20 01:40
TSEPZ_GP My LG Android phone also has a 1500mAh battery but the 600mhz and 256 ram makes the phone really fast no lag anywhere. I love it.
Phone?? What phone??
SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2010-06-20 02:33
MyP910,

I still think you haven't really used an iphone. The X10 is not a fast phone. It may be fast for an android phone and it may get faster if you close social/media apps but that kinda kills the purpose of the phone, don't you think? There's a clear lag when scrolling through the homescreen and when switching between widgets. The other problem is battery life. The 'wait a couple of cycles' argument is old and it never really work for android. All android phones have very bad battery life and the recent ones are no exception. There's a ton of tweaks for battery life but they usually involve shutting down/restricting internet acess, widgets or multitasking, which were supposed to be the advantages of android.
When is comes to apps, android has come long ways but still is no app store. Blame on the fragmentation or lack of attention from google but the truth is the apps usually have less features and worst UI. That is very clear for games, entertainment and also more 'niche' apps like medical apps.
I won't get into everything that itunes does but its sync is more 'complete' than android's, whether for media, personal info, apps, app data and overall system back up.
Android and iPhone OS are very different OSs that value different things. There are advantages on both sides. Although, I think right now, because of iphone 4 as well, the scale is leaning on apple's side.
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-06-20 05:19
@sloopjohnB

I've used iphone 3g and 3gs. 3g is slow, even though I agree that 3gs is fast, but on some applications, it takes longer to load compared to even windows mobile. On some application, iphone is fast but not all. And for a phone that has full 600Mhz processing power and full ram for a single running application, there is no excuse for the phone to be slow (I'm talking abt non multitasking capability as I can't comment on iphone OS4 multitasking function)

I don't know abt other X10 and some comments on this page show that the X10 is fast with no lagging. My X10 has no lagging or delay when switching between homescreen. All widget working flawlessly. Talking abt widget this is another reason I prefer android over iphone. I think you can't have widget for iphone and I need widget. I want to see my calendar, upcoming appointment and to do list by just glance at the phone without loading the apps. To me this is another advantage.

Abt battery life, I believe iphone has the same problem in the beginning and its understandable that smartphone consumes power. On top of that, android can do multitasking and surely this consumes battery as well. X10 has 4 in screen and this will also consumes power. To have all of this and the phone still can last more than 24hrs is remarkable, don't you think?

Regarding the apps, everything you can find on iphone, I can find similar apps in android and there is no what so ever problem with the UI. Of course I'm not talking abt games because I'm a hardcore gamer and I use ps3 and psp for games.

Abt synch, I don't know, because I don't sync videos or podcast. I only synch my calendar, contacts and notes and I don't have problem doing that.

Overall, both platform have their pros and cons and with android being open type OS and getting more and more improvement and optimization, I think the future is android.
[ This Message was edited by: MyP910 on 2010-06-20 04:24 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi