Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > X10 Rooted !

Author X10 Rooted !
naveensiva
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-17 16:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
There is some good news and some bad news. The good news is that the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 has finally been rooted. jerpelea from xda-developers managed to gain root access yesterday. The bad news is that it was created and flashed using SETool, which requires its own hardware. Unfortunately, for now, it means that the root won’t be accessible to the wider Xperia X10 community (unless you own the SETool box).

Whilst this is disappointing, they guys are hard at work trying to figure out a cheaper (read: free) way to gain root access. For those wondering what root access will bring to your Xperia X10, then the answer is full control over your handset including the ability to load custom ROMs, relocate apps onto your memory card, complete backup of the phone as well as being able to run some special apps designed for rooted handsets. We’ll keep you posted on further developments

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=681886

sorry if posting regarding rooting are not allowed... if so kindly delete this thread...
My Blog @ Urs Siva
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-17 17:17
Hi!

it was posted here on 16th by AndyD777 !

Quick workers these Esationian's!

Ofiaich
esato since Nov, 12, 2001
naveensiva
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-18 06:05
yup ... i saw it after starting this thread..

anyway i thought we need a thread for information pertaining to ROOTING ...

what is the best rom available now..( just want to drool over it till we can actually root )

any more info on rooting and what it can bring to x10 in particular would be great....
[ This Message was edited by: naveensiva on 2010-05-18 05:07 ]
My Blog @ Urs Siva
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 12:06
Should be interesting when this is solved
tiggerbcn
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 12:56
I from what I read on xda not see anything clearly rooting has been achieved in fact what has been achieved only person who started the post, the other people doing the same only with errors in the flashing, I think that although still on track for a long time to get the X10 rooting

Unfortunately it seems that is not true that you were able to root the X10.
In xda have deleted the post
[ This Message was edited by: tiggerbcn on 2010-05-18 17:01 ]
I'm spanish, sorry for my english I use a translator since I do not know to write it very well
Lollylost100
HTC One
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-19 00:25
Sad news for you.

To root the device you need to:
ransack semc factory in china.
bribe semc security engineer.
find a way to calculate rsa 2048 private key in appropriate time with appropriate efforts.

to be short - dream on.

Source: http://support.setool.net/showthread.php?2117-x10-flash-boot.sin
naveensiva
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-23 14:28
Froyo Pre-Rooted Update ZIP Available!

Following on from the recent news of Android 2.2. aka Froyo, lucky Google Nexus One owners received an OTA update today!

XDA forum member and Modaco’s Paulobrien was quick off the mark, and has released a pre-rooted update zip for XDA members!

He has re-packed FRF50 i.e. FroYo so that it has no pre-requisites unlike the official release. This means that users can flash via the usual custom recovery image. Also included is ChainsDD’s Superuser app, and the radio image.

Paulobrien has promised more goodies next week including a Kitchen, de-odex pack, Superboot and an MCR release.

However, if you are one of the lucky recipients of the official FroYo release, then you can also get root by checking out XDA developer Cyanogen’s Quick Rooter for stock Fro-Yo systems, which is available in this forum thread.

http://www.xda-developers.com[....]e-rooted-update-zip-available/

does this mean that we can flash with this firmware without rooting ?
My Blog @ Urs Siva
dragon546
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-23 20:06

On 2010-05-23 14:28:51, naveensiva wrote:
Froyo Pre-Rooted Update ZIP Available!

Following on from the recent news of Android 2.2. aka Froyo, lucky Google Nexus One owners received an OTA update today!

XDA forum member and Modaco’s Paulobrien was quick off the mark, and has released a pre-rooted update zip for XDA members!

He has re-packed FRF50 i.e. FroYo so that it has no pre-requisites unlike the official release. This means that users can flash via the usual custom recovery image. Also included is ChainsDD’s Superuser app, and the radio image.

Paulobrien has promised more goodies next week including a Kitchen, de-odex pack, Superboot and an MCR release.

However, if you are one of the lucky recipients of the official FroYo release, then you can also get root by checking out XDA developer Cyanogen’s Quick Rooter for stock Fro-Yo systems, which is available in this forum thread.

http://www.xda-developers.com[....]e-rooted-update-zip-available/

does this mean that we can flash with this firmware without rooting ?

This only works on N1 currently. Unfortunately it will be waiting game for other devices.
naveensiva
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-25 14:23
heard guy at xda are closiing in on software to flash ...

any update guys ?
My Blog @ Urs Siva
Mano82
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-25 16:34
can't help sharing this great news from Paul @twitter:

"Progress definitely being made on the X10 root I think..."
SKIBBE
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-25 16:35
Why do i want root, give me some hints. what have been done and what can be done. (previous phones)
History
t20e > t68i(t68 f/w) > t610i > k700i > W900i > W960i > x10i > Current: Misty Silver Arc
Mano82
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-25 18:07
Skibbe, i read some where that after rooting you can be able to get even Android 2.2 on X10
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi