Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > does any one else hate satio

Previous  12
Author does any one else hate satio
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-09 10:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
hmmm, I don't seem to remember that of my C905 either, but I will do some tests to confirm the results between my K800/C905/Satio and post them here.
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-09-09 11:42
ok max, thanks.
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-11 10:03
I've just done a comparo between K800/C905 and Satio. Satio is definately better than C905 and K800. K800 is comparatively crap tbh, though it was good in it's day.

I always felt K750 had more detail than K800, but also suffered badly from noise. With K800 the jpeg compression is too heavy - if they had wound it back a bit they'd have a better balance between K800 as it is and the K750 which had only mild compression (better detail but higher noise level).

A satio shot resized to 3.2MP would crap all over K800.

I'll post the results soon, but I'm still waiting for a chance to take some comparison shots with the i8910.
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-09-11 20:41
and what do you like more, details or noise? because the noise level on the K750 wasnt that big. But it had good detail. I personally prefere noise + detail. Thats why i prefere samsung, it has some noise but the details are kept visible. Thats why SE suffers, too much noise reduction. you cant add detail once you have the picture, but you can add noise reduction to a picture that is taken. Same thing for overexposed pictures.. detail is lost compared to underexposed and then adding some brightness..
And next week i need to return it to service :/ just noticed thet when i press the right side of the screen (from center of the screen a little to the right and a little down) its like the screen is touching the LCD screen... some kind of an oily mark appears when i put pressure on it, and since yesterday it remains there (if i put pressure to the other side, it disappears, but when i let go, it appears again) for some time. Its small, but annoying as its like oil on a display lit by sun, aka. color changing - red/blue/purple, and it is visible on white wallpapers. It disappears, but if i press the same position again it appears again. DAMN IT!
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-13 00:42
Actually, we forget but K750 had terrible noise, especially in low light. Yes it did have great detail but take the 3.2mp of K800 and resize to 2mp and you have the samelevel of detail but far less noise.

I agree that SE compress to much starting with k800, I've always said that. They could find a better balance between detail and noise. But all other cameraphone manufacturers have an even harsher algorithm,except Samsuing. But I don't think Samsung are better. I took the comparison picture with the i8910 and it's no better nor worse than the Satio or C905. I'll post the series shortly, but I don't have access to the pictures atm (on another laptop).

I've looked back through my satio and c905 photos and couldn't find any that match the smudginess of detail in those pics you've posted. Maybe some of the earlier c905's had problems, but my experience of C905 is that the pictures are easily on par with Samsung 8mp cams.
mikely_28
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-09-24 19:32
Satio for me was very good phone, except camera pictures quality, slow but fine.

Today..... Goodbye my Satio....

Welcome X10!!!! It has so much possibilities!!!
kanjer
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-09-29 17:28
my 2ps worth

i dont like the compresssed image from the camera i wish there was a hack to remove it. Also it woudl help to have access to nokia ovi store without the need to hack the handset. I find the gps very slow to pick up signal which is a shame when trying to geo tag an image. i was going to trade it in for a Motorola X720 but may hold onto it for a bit longer. Also apps like foursquare doesnt seem to work as the gps for some reason doesnt kick in, nor can i find how to get it to start

the satio could have been awsome but i think its just so so.

the k800 and k850 were very good the c905 was good too.

the satio i feel let down by.

the fact se just gav up on the handset without improving it was a just a joke..

a satio on android? now that is something i would buy...

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi