Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > does any one else hate satio

12  Next
Author does any one else hate satio
andie2247
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-01 09:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
ivehad the phone for around 6 months now, ive always had sony ericsson phones and have generally been happy with them, when the satio was announced i bought into sonys hype that it was going to be a flag ship phone , and as it was put an iphone beeter, first thing thats always annoyed me is that even though its a symbian phone most of the apps you cant use unless you have the phone, why release a smart phone thats this limited, cant really see the point of putting a 12mp on a phone when the lense and sensor are that small that thy cant really let enough light in to really compare to a digital camera, whn sony tout it as a replacement for one it should of at least had a optical zoom lense on it, the ui is slow and buggy, crap resistive screen, no multi touch (sony even ballsed up not putting multi touch on the x10) sorry about the rant but im just so fed up with this phone, even the updates dont seem to be getting released in the uk, im thinking of phoning 3 up making up some bull and trying to get out the contract just so i can get rid of this phone , i advise any one thinking of buying it not to , would not get the vivaz either as its basicaly the same phone but with hd cam corder on it
masada1971
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2010-05-01 09:22
in fact i love my Satio
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-01 09:23
OK!

I just want to say I WAS in the same place as you but now I'm a BIT happier with my Satio. Of course there is tons more to do so that I am completely satisfied but I have high standards and probably won't ever be satisfied with technology.

First I want to say no we don't have all the apps that the iphone and android phones have and we'll have to live with that and just hope that more companies support symbian/SE in making more apps and games that they do for iphone.

Second is, your speed and efficiency issue has been FIXED! hoooray! look down a few threads to find the koporak patch (I think I said it wrong but you'll see what I mean) that is an immediate fix for UI efficiency, it boosts speeds tremendously so that there is almost no lag in using the phone, I LOVE the phone after this mod.

Last, there is no organized center for us to all pool our resources together where there are organized apps and games and all types of software, we, as a community really need to get together, there are way too many little forums and blogs and different app sites, we're so spread thin its hard to get any real progress with the improvement of the Satio.

Basically, there is light at the end of this tunnel, we need a stronger community (not that it isn't strong already but concentration is spread too thin across the net). I've upgraded to 006 firmware and am happy with some of the features that have been added and issues that have been fixed, for now..we cannot hack the 006 FW but I'm willing to cope with that for now since there aren't even any GREAT apps/games that have been hacked so it doesn't matter to me anyways. In the end, I feel to get the best quality (and even SE knows this, hence their reason to cut hacking abilities in the new update, second, of course, to making money) is to pay for the best apps/games and not get the shitty/half-assed free ones that have been hacked.

Update your firmware and do the speed boost and you'll be much happier with your phone.
Raafat
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-01 09:24

On 2010-05-01 09:06:11, andie2247 wrote:
ivehad the phone for around 6 months now, ive always had sony ericsson phones and have generally been happy with them, when the satio was announced i bought into sonys hype that it was going to be a flag ship phone , and as it was put an iphone beeter, first thing thats always annoyed me is that even though its a symbian phone most of the apps you cant use unless you have the phone, why release a smart phone thats this limited, cant really see the point of putting a 12mp on a phone when the lense and sensor are that small that thy cant really let enough light in to really compare to a digital camera, whn sony tout it as a replacement for one it should of at least had a optical zoom lense on it, the ui is slow and buggy, crap resistive screen, no multi touch (sony even ballsed up not putting multi touch on the x10) sorry about the rant but im just so fed up with this phone, even the updates dont seem to be getting released in the uk, im thinking of phoning 3 up making up some bull and trying to get out the contract just so i can get rid of this phone , i advise any one thinking of buying it not to , would not get the vivaz either as its basicaly the same phone but with hd cam corder on it

Debrand the phone, 3 make slow firmwares!
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-01 09:26
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=195703

read this thread and follow the directions, you will NOT be sorry...I promised you. I was skeptical this morning before I tried it and it has possibly doubled in speed/response time.

I do feel jipped by SE that they pumped this phone so much and gave up on it, focusing on the Xperia but it's ok..let's not dwell on the past, let's make the most of what we have on this phone.

There are many people working hard to bring us great mods and upgrades to this phone.
andie2247
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-01 09:26
cant upgade firmware im on 3 in the uk nd it still has not been released
jackau
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-01 11:13
Three in Australia is just as bad, lucky for them, they dumb Satio, but to reflect how bad they were, my K800i never got a firmware update...

Now, Satio's hardware is good minus the battery, but the software suck BIG TIME, they can fix everything but SE is not showing sights they are going to.
SO... you see all the petitions and hate posts.. from the very owns of the phone like me.

all you can do is continue to press them to improve software
basithz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-01 12:20
I like my Satio but the software sucks c**k, really missing kinetic scrolling and lots of other things
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-02 07:53
kinetic scrolling on samsung i8910 for example is no faster than scrolling on the satio - but to scroll quickly - hold your finger at the top or bottom of the screen and the list will scroll automatically until you move your finger. You don't have to scroll by swiping, this takes way too long.
Sator1973
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-02 20:55
I do not hate my Satio, just disappointed because it should be better, especially the support by SE.
I revived my old G900 with soundmodLite, because the mediaplayer on my Satio sucks big time. G900 + soundModLite = great dynamics, high volume possible, equaliser makes sense. Satio = low volume, bad dynamics, (external) equaliser useless, canīt keep up well with high bitrates (clicks).
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-09-02 21:45
i hated it, and now i am indifferent. Enabled some extra hacks on the phone, if the camera would get better (and the sound) and add a divx player i would be ok. Missing kinetic scrolling. Dont know about the Omnia HD scrolling but try installing "360ting" (music player) and see the kinetic scrolling there (little bugged because its beta). Good kinetic scrolling and you can use sidebar too for faster scrolling.
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-09-02 23:26
Overall, Major investment from last November
It was something like mixed bags of feeling not really like also not hate it but lack of new software supported was really disappointed!
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-09-07 18:33

SE processing vs. Samsung processing
EDIT: give me ANY PICTURE, i prove it to you that i can guess which one is SE and which one is other manufacturer. One look in full size and i can tell it.
[ This Message was edited by: norbi_nw on 2010-09-07 17:37 ]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-08 05:05
Dude, there is something wrong with your camera. Seriously. I don't get that result. I assume you are using the FINE setting in quality, not normal? When I get a chance I'll post some pics, but I would have noticed this on my pics if my Satio was that bad.

norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-09-08 16:23
These are C905 shots vs OmniHD, but this processing is also found on the Satio. I mean i can tell the difference between a satio and another picture (before it was released my dad showed me some pictures, and ofc i knew that this is SE and that is not). I was just showing the processing that SE and other phones use.
OFC its not THIS obvious on the Satio but it is present.
I miss the extra good sound quality @ recording like we had with the C905
[ This Message was edited by: norbi_nw on 2010-09-08 15:30 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi