Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yes, can you please explain...
henryblank
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-15 14:42
So far I've noticed Firmware version R2CA024

New application NeoReader (bar code recognition)
New Soft reset option in Service menu - wipes out all settings
Photo tags are now called photo-indexes

Overall better performance over all.
SimonZ
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-15 16:27
Nothing new for video tag? Video record always 23fps?
awareesa
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-17 20:06
I hope this version solves the video stuttering issue.
I spotted a youtube video from an other owner of Vivaz where they video capture stutters twice and relatively heavily:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuGxg78ZS1w&feature=related

I had big problems with video capture stutters and they gave me a replacement handset; new handset was much better but still I experience some stutters (I can clearly see the clock getting stuck for some secs while capturing- then the video is missing frames at these times).

I would upgrade to latest firmware if I knew it solved this issue. Otherwise, it is a nightmare to upgrade and reinstall almost everything from scratch.

SE owes somthing to Vivaz owners, come on SE mechanics WAKE UP!!!!
SimonZ
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-17 22:09
awareesa do you have a branded Vivaz? Have some particular application that run in background like "equalizer" when you rec a video? My firmware is clean, no branded and don't have problem during video rec. Only in playback in the vivaz sometimes stutter at start but in the pc all the video recorded are perfect.
awareesa
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 09:39
The first one I had was a branded one. The new one isn't. The only program running is SlideUnlock but with the autolock feature disabled. BTW, what is this "equalizer" you mention?

Cheers
awareesa
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 14:19
I wish to add some points here:
1) it seems that the writing to the microSD plays a role. For example, if I record (let's say file A) then I have some stutters. If I record again (file B), no stutters. Now, if I delete files A and B, then again whatever first video I record has stutters again. So, as I understand, there must be some issue of fragmentation in the card that doesn't allow the quick writing and thus we get stutters. I invite you to delete a huge file from your microSD card and try yourself to record a 20 second video. I believe you will experience the same problem too.
2) I don't know if any faster micoSD card would make a difference. I have the one supplied with the phone and a Kingston one and the problem is there for both. However, I have seen some higher quality (faster) cards being sold and wondered if they could make a difference
3) The problem is also there even if all applications and menus are closed (RAMblow terminates them if you wish) so I don't understand why there is no way to get rid of the stutters
4) FYI, if you play a file (typical one with only one stutter point during playback on the phone and 100% OK playback on the PC) in the media player of the phone, then the file plays with no stutter the SECOND time it is playbacked!!!
5) SE is very dissapointing in the way it has handled this issue. Branded or not or whatever other cause, me and other people too (that's why I included the youtube link above) have this problem. And it very funny and ludicrous to record and then realise that you missed the most important points!

SE owes an answer and some sort of remedy. HD recording was the main factor I decided to buy an expensive handset...

SimonZ
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 19:57

1) it seems that the writing to the microSD plays a role. For example, if I record (let's say file A) then I have some stutters. If I record again (file B), no stutters. Now, if I delete files A and B, then again whatever first video I record has stutters again. So, as I understand, there must be some issue of fragmentation in the card that doesn't allow the quick writing and thus we get stutters. I invite you to delete a huge file from your microSD card and try yourself to record a 20 second video. I believe you will experience the same problem too.

Tryed to delete all folders inside "camera" and recorded some video. Redelete all folders and recorded again.
for me the problem doesn't exist.

I have 16GB SDhc SanDisk Class 2
R2AK006 Generic Adriatic
[ This Message was edited by: SimonZ on 2010-05-18 18:58 ]
awareesa
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-19 10:04
First, many thanks for spending the time to perform the test.

I too performed some further testing. Here are some observations:

a) Let's say you record your fingers close-up flickering very quickly (like a scissor); the device struggles to encode all this information that changes so quickly and covers a big proportion of the screen. The result is stutters especially in the first 10 seconds.
b) When I performed the same test by writing to the Phone memory (sliding out the microSD forces the writing there), this flickering of the fingers produced NO stutters.

This means that when lots of encoding is about to happen and the device needs to write on the microSD card, you may experience stutters. This may sometimes not happen so there isn't any clear understanding to how to prevent it. The sure thing is that something is going on there which is still not 100% explainable at least by me...

Thanks again
Al
henryblank
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-27 17:47
What is the current (May 27) firmware released on SEUS for the Vivaz ?
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-28 17:58
Today my dad updated it from SEUS. nothing new, except RDS..
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
basithz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-28 18:40

On 2010-05-28 17:58:58, norbi_nw wrote:
Today my dad updated it from SEUS. nothing new, except RDS..

what the satio hasn't even been given rds yet and the vivaz has it, what is the latest vivaz firmware version?
henryblank
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-28 20:32
What is the current firmware on SEUS for the Vivaz ?
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-28 21:24
R2CA024 for my dad.
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic