Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Vivaz HD video capture stutters like mad!

Previous  12
Author Vivaz HD video capture stutters like mad!
awareesa
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-06-29 22:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It's not a matter of cleverness; it's a matter of justice

to me at least

I hate malfunctioning and high-promising pieces of sh*t that sell high, offer little and the manufacturer sleeps deep

me at least
vprxtrm
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2010-12-16 10:37
i've seen on other forums that this problem in HD recording on vivaz is a memory card issue. it is said that the class2 microsd that comes with the vivaz is too slow. people suggest upgrading to a class4 , maybe 6 to get rid of the stutters in HD recording.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-12-16 11:47
If you want to stick to SE then the X10 does HD720p@25fps well, but the iPhone4 is just amazing, its whole Camera UI is very fast and video recording is insanely smooth, but IMO the best at HD is the SAMSUNG Galaxy S, very smooth in all conditions, no stuttering at all.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-12-16 12:09
No way i found iphone 4 video much better then Galaxy or Wave. Also the audio is better in the iphone too when recording. The x10 video is rather jerky and nothing special.
Phone?? What phone??
awareesa
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-12-16 15:51
The problem was solved:
Believe it or not, it was the microSD that was defective. And worse, the Kingston one that I tried too (that was faster and of a good brand) was again not suitable.
So how this was solved?
I found another Vivaz of a friend, realised that his device had no stutter. Played with the cards and found that his card (later production model that may mean that SE chose microSD cards with more strict specs) when placed on my device (all files were moved from one card to the other) led to to no stutters at all.
Now, after more than 2 months and having filmed more than 20 hours of clips, I NEVER EVER spotted any stutter at all.

Weird eh?
vprxtrm
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2010-12-17 08:59
please be kind and tell us the exact tipe of microSD that you say is working without stutters. manufacturer / class / size. thank you
awareesa
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-12-18 15:53
No name, 2x microSD as included in a SE Vivaz device at original package.

Do you suffer from stutters too?
vprxtrm
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2010-12-19 09:19
sometimes yes, i experience those stutters too. it's like 1 out of 3 clis recorded have 1 stutter at the begning for about 1 second. during the video no stutters just sometimes at the begining. when i will find some time i'll check my 4 gb microsd from the gps unit, thet one i bought it myself.
awareesa
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-12-19 09:54
The stutter in the beginning is a whole different issue. IT IS NOT A REAL STUTTER, it recorded ok but the playback software is problematic. Newer firmware versions have overcome this but your files are ok with no stutters. If you transfer them to a PC and watch you will realize this...

I now have a PhD in Vivaz stuttering technology....!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi