Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Has Satio been a big failure?

Author Has Satio been a big failure?
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2010-02-20 22:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Beauty is subjective. The majority of the people I've shown the phone to liked the design, myself included.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-20 22:46
I am surprised about the Pixon 12 what you said about the odd bug. In my experience samsung are much more reliable than many other manufacturers. As for the Satio it is after playing with a LIVE one in an O2 store for ten minutes,horrible.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-02-20 21:46 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Christoforo
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-21 01:06
seems se phones are really bad. guess i wont have to worry about vivaz or satio. ill be looking for a nokia or something else then.
gharknes1
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-21 04:10
SE80, i am now convinced you are being paid to post all this crap, why would anyone spend so much time typing the crap that you have here, it is beyond belief.....................you sold your satio ...move on idiot
zide
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-02-21 05:49

On 2010-02-21 04:10:20, gharknes1 wrote:
SE80, i am now convinced you are being paid to post all this crap, why would anyone spend so much time typing the crap that you have here, it is beyond belief.....................you sold your satio ...move on idiot
↲Indeed.
jackau
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-21 05:58
Satio is not yet a failure, but pretty close.

I own one and I must say, it is very disappointing, since with out hacking it, there are even less software than the K800i, so smart phone it is NOT!

Satio is still the only Smart phone with 12mpx camera and xenon on the entire market.

IT has nothing wrong on hardware besides the battery, therefore if software catch up, it would still battle with NOkia N8-00 and samsung's Bada 12 mpx in the works or whatever android has.

THe best way for satio to redeem itself is upgrade to the Symbian ^3 OS.

That is the ONLY WAY the phone would still stay updated with its rivals.

Lets hope SE listens and make the smart move, else they risk alienating all the fans that supported them!
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-02-21 07:50
[quote]
On 2010-02-20 13:03:25, se80 wrote:
*I've rarely seen anybody with one. Any touch phones I see are Samsung and LG or Nokia. --- Meaning it's exclusive:)
*It's over priced--- Search around?
*It's second hand value makes it unsellable expect to lose big bucks on it---Any tech items will depreciate in value
*SE probably won't use the same OS on the next model---i dont get your point here
*The camera is a let down it's no better than a C905 and it takes pictures in silly widescreen---dont means to be mean but you need to check your eyes or perhaps learn how to use the camera on that phone
*It's been withdrawn all over due to software bugs. I even heard Vodafone have preeminently stopped stocking them---firmware ?
*The mega pixel war is over. We have never seen these rivals from LG and Samsung's Pixon 12 has been too low profile---the best camera phone i have..but Samsung Pix has a slightly better
*The apps is a big let down. Anybody expecting an Iphone lookalike will be let down---it's not iphone lookalike silly girl there are tons of apps for symbiam
*Build quality is pitiful. The chrome plastic on the side is like a cheap toy. It's awful---build quality is great even they make with plastic!
*The battery life is unusable. If you want a phone drained in a day buy it---what do you do with your phone? i admit if battery abit larger would be better
*Using Symbian and moving away from supported M2 sticks since 2006 was a mistake if you ask me---symbiam still the top os for mobile and m2 is DEAD!
*It's far too big---huh??? are you kidding me?
*The packaging is rubbish. They could have atleast printed a proper manual rather than a Kinder Egg manual--save the earth
*Nokia N97 using the same software seems more a hit-software? or apps??
*The hype of the phone's gone since they binned 'Cybershot' and 'Walkman'---you brought a phone due to hype?
*Not sure on actual figures but the W995 seems to be doing better in the UK. Phones4U have it second to the Iphone in popularity. W995's seem to be everywhere because not everybody wants there wowful touch screens. There's no character with them. We could easily have a 3" screen with a keypad and a good camera. The Samsung Innov8 for example is what can be done with a candy bar slide design.---W995 is nice but too tiny Innov8 is a failure !
*Iphones sales contuine to grow---those are after hype and brand
*LG and Samsung are filling the market with mid and low range phones to clean SE out...Viewtys, Cookie, Jet, Omina Lite, Tocco lite---i cant predict the market- beside i only buy phone which i like not brand or hype
*SE's standard has gone and now it's hit or miss what phone you buy depending on what software it runs---it's all about preferences
*Satio is poorly supported for apps and games---i have tons of apps and games in my Satio
*No HD record---i believe the next firmware update will include that but then if you like a hd recording get a video camera

I seriously can't wait for Satio to go to the dustbin of mobile history like the awful 'C905' good phone but unreliable. But the Satio is worse as it's a terrible phone, faults or no faults I absolutely hate it. ---calm down sista you'll be fine trust me
all of your complaints is most by opinions!!! no phone is perfect it's all depend of preferences. so stop complaining like a little girl sound irritating to me. get over it .. if your unit is faulty or bad trash it ..end of story make everyone else life little easier

Peace!
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-02-21 07:54
Samsung is most reliable manufactured LMAO! and also JET is nice build LMAO! AGAIN just a piece of sucks low-grade plastic build

[In case referring to SATIO, it not good material just average and glossy which I hated that's fact but build is solid enough]

builder of crappy phone rarely to find good one you like because it price when compare to SE. [accept the truth]

SORRY you try to put those all crap to us THANKS but I'm not

FOR REAL, just see ONLY you that real unhappy with SATIO
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-02-21 10:59
. . . . .Wow. So symbian and Satio is clearly not for you, why make such a big deal? From what i see you're just complaining that you made a bad decision for yourself,if it was bugs it would be understandable,this is just ridiculous, im shocked this topic got this far,why are you guys even bothering to reply to him after his other posts?
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-21 11:26
HxH you may laugh at my saying of Samsung being more reliable but in truth they are. Over the years i have had SonyEricsson and Nokia and every single phone alway have software issues. Now judging that against quite few Samsung phones i have had from experience not one single Samsung phone i have had has crashed frozen or turned itself off during use. That my friend is from experience. Right outta the box no problems with the Jet yet with everyone else there is always constant issues. Another reason why Samsung are biting Nokia's backside. Oh and just for the record the Jet has far better solid plastic than the rubbish c903 i recently dumped.

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-02-21 10:30 ]
adcamb
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2010-02-21 14:18
No. I love mine. I'm sure it could be better, I'm sure there are better phones, but I don't regret buying a Saito.
basithz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-21 14:43
i think you are being paid to say all of this, also i don't think you even have this handset as most of the things you said were opinions and not all of them are true; so that means you don't have the handset and your making all of this into a big argument that you'll never win. but i do think the satio is a bit bad but all of that should be sorted out with the next software update as SE replied to one of my emails the satio might get some vivaz features and other features but they didn't say what they were. I am rating satio as 10/10. and I am rating se80 a dick head.
se80
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-21 17:25

On 2010-02-21 14:43:09, basithz wrote:
i think you are being paid to say all of this, also i don't think you even have this handset as most of the things you said were opinions and not all of them are true

I am not going to even quote all that. So I bought a Satio and never liked it it's a message board why can't I post my views on it? Paid? I wish just a general consumer who liked the look of a Satio..got it and was shocked how bad it was. I have a W995 so it's nothing against SE.

Unfortunaley on message boards you get shouted abuse by fans of the handset or company. For the record I got my satio sold so what I posted above I've said and I'd say it again if anybody was wanting to know if I would recommend it. Course I have had the satio tried the features like TV out, video quality was nice, camera was good.

I said it may be for some people which is good. But it's not for me and some people agree. If I'm going to be punted by abuse I won't bother posting here. It frustrates me as if you buy a product or strongly disagree with it you get the paranoia that you get paid to post drivel. Call it I want to share my consumer knowledge and want to discuss my concerns with the handset and what kind of phone I feel it should have been.

All I will say is lets see the final results at Q4 by SE how the Satio does. By which point I'll be looking at there new phone in October. Some people love satio some hate it why is it hard to accept? By all means tell me why you like it but it's totally uncalled for the names I've been called at on here.
[ This Message was edited by: se80 on 2010-02-21 16:26 ]
dipb
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-21 19:13
fyi, the phone costs the same as N97 mini in CarPhoneWarehouse UK on a PAYG.. so who says it is costly.. just do your homework better before commenting here. Satio is good. yes it id had problems (I did not face) like many other models of Nokia which goes unnoticed because Samsung or Nokia manage to wrap up under the hood of colourful marketing. Why is not anyone talking about N97 Mini's problems here while they are singing about Nokia ? Rumours around that N97 was also on the verge of withdrawn by Orange.

Look at the positive side, anyone will see the plus side.. and I love the phone and like me there are many die hard fans of Satio. BTW, my phone is not hacked, and I have managed to install so many of the apps which I need on a day to day basis. I dont want to dump the phone with unwanted apps just for the sake of doing just because I have to and show to the world that this Smart phone is loaded with apps (when I would not use) !!!

With the 2nd update coming sometime soon, I am sure, that many of you here who are sitting on the fence, will start jumping for the phone. Because it is simply a GREAT PHONE.

I would just like to say to those who want to draw conclusion based on what they see on peoples' hands in the roads, that please draw your conclusion based on statistics. Do some research and you will see the truth. Just because someone doesnot like it , doesnot mean it is a 'big failure' and It IS NOT A FAILURE otherwise, retailers would not start decorating their shelves with the phone when they pulled it down 2 months back.

Also check the GSM Arena to see the rating for this phone.
It still is above N97 !! as of today.
[ This Message was edited by: dipb on 2010-02-21 18:20 ]
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-21 19:40
I do not think that the phone is a failure at all. It is fast and reliable, enough apps to make me happy, though I would like to see a better place to get my apps from.

The only reason why it is now in the bottom of my drawer is that too many people are using it, replaced my my Xperia Pureness. This phone is much more popular than the N97 here.
venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi