Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > Free internet, the law and RICA

Previous  123  Next
Author Free internet, the law and RICA
Ruthless
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-01-09 07:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Lol @voodoowizard
i have both bolt 1.5 and 1.6 but i use vodacom and cellc, send the settings then ill see what i can do
Hacker89
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-01-09 12:57
@Voodowizard
Dude i already tried 3 modified bolt version(Not handler versions because they never work on my samsung). You said that they even have for samsung why don't you just email yours to me. It's irritating they have 193 bolt files i can't try all
voodowizzard
C905 Gold
PM
Posted: 2010-01-09 13:15
My phone cant copy and paste but ill try my best to the link for you
anningg
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-01-09 13:16
I tried the bolt once but i never got it to work...about that rica thng, dont u guys thnk they are gna knw if they notice that there is an unaccoutably huge amount of data they are giving out to their customers(us) who they think are "browsing their freesite"
voodowizzard
C905 Gold
PM
Posted: 2010-01-09 13:41
Bolt browserHandler1.6

http://sharemobile.ro/file.php?id=434979

[ This Message was edited by: voodowizzard on 2010-01-09 12:42 ]
Hacker89
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-01-09 13:42
I say let them watch and take notice because why may the public not be curious about their advertisements on their site lol
anningg
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-01-09 14:48
Lol, k hacker cant they see the amount of data a particular customer has used and the website the customer browsed and within what time the customer used dat data? If yes then they will notice dat that that customer only cannot browse the site with about 2gb in a day like i do
sitnet
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2010-01-09 17:50
Yeah I feel a little bad for Vodacom, I "stole" 4.7 GB yesterday (Movies, 2012 was awesome movie BTW). But then again, have you seen the call and sms rates compared to other countries, for me this is like getting back at them. I have set a limit for myself, I calculated the difference in call rates in SA compared to America and that difference I will download for free (at least).

For some damn nice downloads (where I get the movies): AZuLike.com , PosEIdoN (movie uploader guy) rules!
Hacker89
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-01-09 17:56
Yes they can see your data usage but there are so many people using the net at once maybe they are lazy to try and go through every single account. Which is why i download and browse with a different card than the one i use to call people and buy airtime on.

Damn dude you have patients to wait for the movie to download fully. Never shall i unless it is on the phone
Hacker89
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-01-09 18:03
@Voodowizard
It's strange that the download redirects me back to the proxy site but some proxies can not open it. I will try a different proxy also i must try out bolt i love the fact that it has a pc view
Hacker89
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-01-09 18:55
@Voodowizzard

I thought you said that the bolt link you gave me work on samsung also but the proxy sites gave me problems with the link and so i downloaded with airtime using my cell c sim and it downloaded but once it finished it said ERROR INVALID FORMAT. You telling me i spended so much time for an application that at the end does not work on the phone
mweaich
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-11 10:29
Chapter 2 of the bill of rights in South Africa states "everyone has the right to privacy, which includes the right not to have - part (d) the privacy of their communications infringed." look it up guys, google this 'chapter 2 Bill of rights (ss 12-15) 14 Privacy south african constitution. There is no way RICA can touch the constitution not even the highest court in South Africa!!!!!!!! FREE INTERNET FOREVER!!!!!!!!
sitnet
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2010-01-11 11:17
Quote:

On 2010-01-11 10:29:00, mweaich wrote:
Chapter 2 of the bill of rights in South Africa states "everyone has the right to privacy, which includes the right not to have - part (d) the privacy of their communications infringed." look it up guys, google this 'chapter 2 Bill of rights (ss 12-15) 14 Privacy south african constitution. There is no way RICA can touch the constitution not even the highest court in South Africa!!!!!!!! FREE INTERNET FOREVER!!!!!!!!

This is true but Rica overules the bill of rights if a warrant for investigation is obtained. They don't hand out these warrants at checkers but it is still possible.
mweaich
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-11 15:52
Lol, nothing over rules the bill of rights, this not america! Here in SA it don't work like that, you cannot infringe on someone's rights for example a new amendment was made, it states that a person may be on all south african soil without being provoked to leave in any way unless by ones own right, ( in other words when u see some thief stealing your dvd player from your lounge at 3 in the morning you may not attack, provoke or harm him, only The Police have that covered ) so no RICA cannot intercept communications as it is unconstitutional ( I love being a fourth year law student (^^,) ) and this above statement should not be seen as a attack to anybody just informing yol peepz who are fearful of RICA.
Hacker89
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-01-11 16:04
Yes mweaich is correct. Nothing is beyond the constitution of South Africa. We have a lawyer at our side now that makes me feel safe lol you can back me up in court
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi