Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia X series

Author Nokia X series
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2010-04-01 02:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Nice, they have an exclusive color in the UK (Vodafone NL only has the black one), this has silver lining, where the other white versions have either pink or yellow.

"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-04-01 19:34
I Mite be wrong but I think Voda have the black 1 aswell maybe its on higher plans, I will do a review next wk ive no net atm just my mobile, viewing the net on it is fantastic tho forgot how gud nokias were for that!
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
JohnM
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
PM
Posted: 2010-04-02 15:38
Good handset, my wife and I have both been using 16gb black x6's for past month. So far so good. The free bluetooth stereo headset is spot-on, good range on it.

@Miss uk: tried skyfire? Very good browser, supports flv too!
Trusted trader.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-04-02 22:10
its a alrite phone, the touchscreen is good however it often takes a few touches to open links, my tocca ultra didnt ave that problem, ive got withdrawel symtons over my tocca and this lol! Not really tried any apps yet, put opera mini on it and set up nokia email, its a joke tho as its only a trial why should i ave to pay to access my emails lol! Is there a way to upload ur photos to myspace or photobucket on it only got a flickr option or ovi, again my tocca wud allow this!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-02 22:13
Good evening Miss World I mean Miss UK Has the X6 a capacative screen?
Phone?? What phone??
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-04-02 22:17
yes, it was the first Nokia to have a capacitive screen

I'm looking seriously at this for my wife to replace her N95 8GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-02 22:20
It's a decent model if only Nokia would use better plastic for their X series
Phone?? What phone??
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2010-04-02 22:39

On 2010-04-02 22:10:35, Miss UK wrote:
the touchscreen is good however it often takes a few touches to open links, my tocca ultra didnt ave that problem, ive got withdrawel symtons over my tocca and this lol!

The double-clicking or -touching is not the screen's fault, it's a Symbian-thing, it's the same with N97 (mini), sometimes one touch is enough, sometimes two are needed, a bit confusing, but you'll get used to it.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-04-03 00:42
Hey bono and masseur, what do u mean by that feature? Masseur, ur missus will prob like it but if she is coming over from the N95-2 she may think its awkward using just the touchscreen to do everything, the X6 is a N96 with touchscreen all the features are there in this, which one shall u be thinking of going for? @ Marly. Maybe a update will correct that well make it abit more responsive touching links, its dead fast composing texts tho! I do wish the camera was abit quicker at capturing photos u have to hold it for ages till it makes that shutter noise, its pretty sluggish at that haha!
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-04-03 01:00
in simple terms... the capacitive touch screen is what the iphone uses and it allows for real finger touch only without the need for a stylus. The alternative is a resistive screen which works best with a stylus although it still does work ok with fingers given large enough buttons, e.g. on the Nokia 5800 etc

I'm still deciding on biting the bullet for an iphone for my wife, although she will hardly use most of the features, or just a simple and cheaper upgrade to the X6 from what she already knows. either way she does want just a touch screen
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-04-03 01:16
A capacitive screen is one which only needs light strokes to use but cannot be used with a stylus or finger nail. Its a better more sensitive type of screen and more responsive like what the Iphone uses. Other types of screen are resistive which require more pressure but can be used with finger nails or stylus. Nokia up to now only used resistive type.

Personally I would get the Nokia over the Iphone
Phone?? What phone??
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2010-04-03 01:26
The iPhone OS is much more userfriendly than Symbian for touchscreens, because, as most reviewers complain, Nokia didn't change enough in this new version of their "old" OS.
But, otoh , when you're used to this OS, with a phone like the N95, this con can turn into a pro, as you'll almost immediately get along with this "new" version, because they've hardly changed it .
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-04-03 04:28
Oh rite now I see what it is thanks for explaining that! Masseur if ur missus is used to having her keypad u should get her a phone with best of both thats why I had a S8300v cos I was dreading the touchscreen usage, I have a iPod touch and good god the qwerty is small but this X6 is easy to text on better then the iPod so the iPhone to, there both the same device minus the phone allow u can download some software to turn it into the iPhone and use a earpiece and mic to access calls! Whatever u decide Masseur take ur wife along with u to test the phones first !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi