Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > (vFinal_rev5) AudioPhile Premium HD Acoustics for All A2 & UIQ3 Phones

Previous  123 4 ... 363738  Next
Author (vFinal_rev5) AudioPhile Premium HD Acoustics for All A2 & UIQ3 Phones
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-08-26 19:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2009-08-26 03:59:29, geokilla wrote:
Hi Hiron! Remember me from SE-NSE? lol. Anyways like I said, I'll talk to you here since you seem to be more active here....hope you don't mind

So umm, I don't really understand this. My W715 has only the Walkman menu and not the Media Player, unless I'm missing bout some stuff on my phone.

Basically, I'm no audiophile but it'd be good to have better sound quality while keeping the volume at an acceptable level. Would you still suggest that I use #1 and leave everything as is? I'm currently using the manual equalizer with the original W715 acoustics on HPM-64[.

@geokilla,
Because it's Clear Audio phone, upload only wbxml and csv files. Don't upload customize_upgrade.xml in W715
Yes I suggest FLAT. If you like it, try DRC OFF (better clarity)

You also has G705, right? You could upload all files (including customize_upgrade.xml) to G705

I actually have a G705 flashed to W715 firmware. And I'm loving it =). I don't mind downgrading back to G705, but I really like the Walkman feature haha. Makes my phone special since I cross flash

So between the HPM-64 and HPM-70, which would you recommend that I use to go with your acoustics for my W715? I'll definitely give FLAT with DRC OFF when I can. Like I said, I like keeping the volume at acceptable, soft levels. Don't wanna go deaf
[ This Message was edited by: geokilla on 2009-08-26 03:00 ]

Ya thanks hiron
But i'm using w995 for that customize method doesn't work rite? Then as now there's no way for doing that correct? Tomorrow i'll try ur acoustics and ket u know. And I know editing eq patches for A1 mobiles and A2V1 so I could understand.
Hiron
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-08-26 19:57
Yup. Just upload wbxml and csv. Your Clear Audio preset is already great. Use any eq setting that you wish, max out the Clear Bass

As for customize_upgrade.xml, I don't know how to do that for now. And by the way, I'm just assuming that customize_upgrade.xml would not work for Clear Audio phones simply because it has different filter range, therefore should has different registry key names.

But in fact, I actually never tried it myself. Maybe you can try, and who knows if your manual eq can be set above 3 bars?

Hiron
[ This Message was edited by: Hiron on 2009-08-26 18:59 ]
wisher
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-08-26 20:05
hi hiron, so im using your acoustics on a w995 and the sound from the headset is not loud enough for me but i haven't uped the csv file so my question is will it give me some boost in volume and how much are we speaking 5% ..10 ?
code28h4p
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-26 20:08
wuih....i wanna installed your driver and make some test, but i couldn't do it right now...i've upgraded my PC to win*ows 7, it seems my A2uploader couldn't read my phone
Please visit My GALLERY
Hiron
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-08-26 20:10
@wisher
Please upload the csv. It makes a big differences.

If you think that SOFT csv is not too loud, upload HARD csv. The name described itself
SOFT has greater quality, but HARD is much louder, say 50% more SPL or about +6 to +21 dB.

If you still think that listening at 8 bar max in HARD csv is not loud enough, you must had an iron ears! I usually listen SOFT csv at 4 bar, and hard csv at 2 bar

Quoted word above is not valid since v1.1, only for 1.0

EDIT:
@code,
I'm on Windows 7 RTM and it works fine. Use ggdrivers from latest SEUS, it's located in C:Program FilesSony EricssonUpdate ServicesetupdriversUSBFlashDriver.zip

Extract the zip and when you connect the phone by holding C and it says that "Install Driver Failed," open Device Manager.
In there you would see something like "SEMCBOOT Download". Right Click > Update Drivers, point it to the files you extracted. It should works fine

Hiron
[ This Message was edited by: Hiron on 2009-08-28 14:40 ]
wisher
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-08-26 20:41
I put the csv and it's still not loud enough for me, so i compared it to W810 with XSound CyberBass acoustics and the volume of w995 at 8 = w810 at 6, hope you can boost it a little
Hiron
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-08-26 20:56
:amazed: You're able to hear SPL 150% louder than me

I have some question for you:
1. Are you sure you already upload HARD, instead of SOFT?
2. What handsfree are you using right now?
3. What acoustic did you used before in W995? Does it sounds louder than HARD csv?
4. Are you able to hear W995 with HARD csv and max volume for two hours or more without any hurt in your ears?

XSoundCyberBass is an apf acoustic, right?

By default, HARD csv were already 6dB louder than W995 original...
Ok, here you go, made special for you by request: 12dB louder than W995 original. But remember, I also have reduced the EQ capability to prevent distortion from 15dB to +/-9dB max. Any value above that will be set to 9dB.

-- Link Removed --

Hiron
[ This Message was edited by: Hiron on 2009-08-26 22:18 ]
wisher
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-08-26 21:30
Here's the deal your acoustics have gotten really loud with the latest csv definitely the loudest А2 acoustics ive tried, my problem is that i am using hpm-65 and thats why i wanted more boost (they dont go inear) but with the inear headset really loud good job
Hiron
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-08-26 21:56
A2 loudest acoustic? Err.. For myself I prefer quality over loudness..

We also could make it more louder than this special csv, but we must choose between two consequencies: reduced eq capabilities or let the sound distort if we raise the eq..

And why using hpm-64? Hard csv already sounds loud in hpm-77.. It even louder in HPM-85. You use w995, right?

And btw, did u hear through fastport or 3.5mm jack?

Did it sounds properly on jack? I didn't test it because I didn't have W995.. I just do some blind acoustic editing..

Hiron
[ This Message was edited by: Hiron on 2009-08-26 23:50 ]
wisher
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-08-26 22:39
fastport is louder, i think, but 3.5 is clearer and less distrotion and in few songs sounded more louder its kinda hard to tell.

Im using hpm-65 cuz i walk a lot and they are more comfortable and dont fall off easy, hpm85 damn too big.

Its still not on par with the apf acoustics on loudness maybe 20-30% less loud, quality sounds the same.
Hiron
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-08-26 23:18
@fastport is louder?
After investigating, 3.5mm jack uses different channel mixing, so it can behaves differently on the way it handles the sound. And 3.5mm jack also capable of handling more output power than fastport, hence contributing on the overall clarity

Do you still want the louder one?

Ok, by using this csv, equalizer is limited to +/-3dB to minimized distortion.

Here it is: 21dB louder than original W995. Use at you own risk.

If you think that it's still not too loud, then I'm surrender

-- Link Removed --

Hiron
[ This Message was edited by: Hiron on 2009-08-28 13:59 ]
wisher
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-08-27 11:18
one question does the csv effect the phf and jack volume or the whole phone when in walkman player cuz when i put that loudest.csv and removed the headset there was some serious distortion o and it gave it nice boost from the headset and you may not like this part its still not as loud as the w810. I know it may sound ridiculous but its just how it is, you gave it a nice shot and thank you for that
Hiron
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-08-27 15:09
The csv doesn't affect the whole phone.. It's only used in media player/walkman when using handsfree/bluetooth.. If you use File Manager to play the music, it doesn't has any effect.. But if you want, I can make csv for File Manager and Loudspeaker..

If you suddenly remove the headset while playing a music, it takes some time for a phone to switch the mode.. Since I had raise the input signal, it will produced short distort.. That's normal

omg.. I surrender
Raising it furthermore will result in distortion.. I don't know, maybe it's limited in main, or could be hardware limitation

And btw, I'm retiring from acoustic modding world for a while.. I don't have any further idea..

Hiron
[ This Message was edited by: Hiron on 2009-08-27 14:11 ]
pohuman
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-08-27 15:56
What are these values in the original?

[addsig]
Hiron
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-08-27 16:37
What do you mean by default?
Each value controls 5-band manual equalizer, but it's untested in clear audio phones. All default is 0. You can set it to plus or minus value

Hiron
[ This Message was edited by: Hiron on 2009-08-27 15:39 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 363738  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic