Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Satio Vs iphone

Author Satio Vs iphone
SMARTY1972
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-01-02 23:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Best option is to buy an iPhone then get yourself a 12MP digital camera, originally had a 2G iPhone and replaced it with the Satio.Had the Satio for 6 weeks and now sold it and purchased a 3G iPhone because the UI is just sooo much better than the Satio can offer. I must confess i would of sold it sooner if it wasn't for the picture quality from the camera but i don't think that this is enough to make it a good phone, music playerb was too quiet too compared to what the iPhone can offer.
[ This Message was edited by: SMARTY1972 on 2010-01-02 22:44 ]
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-01-03 22:23
i disagree smarty. I wouldn't carry a phone AND a camera. Convergence is where its at. Todays mobiles do the majority of several devices.
SMARTY1972
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-01-04 00:07
Try using an iPhone for a week...I bet you would soon buy a camera too, it is just so much easier and quicker to do things on. I have had a variety of phones like K750i K800i N95 amongst others and of course the Satio and they are no match for the UI of the iPhone,i had even hacked my Satio but still in my opinion doesnt come anywhere close. I am starting to scare myself now by sounding such a "fanboy" of Apple
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-04 00:26
Apple just keeps people to tied to them and their software through iTunes. Makes no sense to what soever.

Then you have to jail break your phone to go with another network or pay waaayyyy too much for an iPhone even if you get it unlocked.

For me it is simple, by the iPhone for the UI, stay tied and unable to actually own your phone or buy any other smartphone and be truly free to do whatever you want with it. Simple.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
SMARTY1972
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-01-04 00:39
I can sort of understand the above point but i got more for the Satio than i payed for the iPhone,admittedly i did have to JB it as i'm on a VF contract but i have done this myself at no cost within the first 5 minutes of it arriving so can't really see it as a problem. As for being being too dependant on iTunes once it's jailbroken there are other options as i'm sure you are aware.
jackprw1
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-04 08:45
Hi,
Definitely the Satio! The Sony Ericsson Satio is an awesome all-in-one multi-media phone with the best Cyber-shot and Walkman experience from Sony! It is the best camera phone. Especially with that 12megapixel camera equipped with a Xenon flash! It also has cool features like Face Detection and SmileSutter. It also records amazing videos in high quality with LED flash. Its user interface are also one of the best 'cause it has really fun and animated effects! It has a large 3.5inch touchscreen which you will truly enjoy watching you movies and viewing your photos! It also has really fast internet and uploading. Its truly a multi-media phone that has everything you need to be entertained packed in it!
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2010-01-04 11:25
The Satio has a very good camera, but that alone does not make a good phone. In every other respect, the iPhone is a far better, far more functional, far more reliable device.

On 2010-01-04 00:26:14, skblakee wrote:
Apple just keeps people to tied to them and their software through iTunes. Makes no sense to what soever.

I don't really get this. Yes, it's true that in order to backup/sync the phone then you need iTunes on your computer - but you aren't "tied" to Apple through that, at its heart iTunes is simply a media management app, no more and no less. You don't have to run your whole life through it, and you don't have to go anywhere near Apple or the iTunes store to use it, just drag and drop whatever you like from whichever other source you prefer. Think of it as a big shared folder, it's nothing more sinister than that.

Yes, to buy/install apps (legitimately) you need to use the iTunes appstore (either on the phone or on your PC). This evil monopoly has resulted in the widest selection of applications ever available for any mobile device, at prices far lower than on any other platform, all wrapped up in the single easiest installation and update path imaginable. All of which actually makes a LOT of sense, once you get past the kneejerk "oh noes, evil Apple has my credit card!" reaction.

Then you have to jail break your phone to go with another network or pay waaayyyy too much for an iPhone even if you get it unlocked.

Depends where you are and which network you buy from - O2 recently unlocked my iPhone 3G for free, officially through iTunes, even though I still had five months on my contract at the time. I can already use it with any network, and I've never jailbroken.
fairen
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-01-05 00:51
Good thing I never had this problem with my iPhone because it's already factory unlocked when I bought it from Timtechs. I have to agree with SMARTY1972, you can't rely on just one particular feature of a phone especially the camera. There are a lot of good quality digital cameras out there that are cheap. Personally, i would prefer a phone that are good in other ways than just the camera since i can easily get one for less than $100
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-05 04:07
I must say that in as much as I believe that Apple over prices their products and leaves one tied to them too much they have done well in making the iPhone a phone that comes with little hassle and no major headaches and waiting and longing for firmware updates.

That, the other manufacturers need to learn from Apple. Otherwise, only the UI on the iPhone wins.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-01-05 09:36

On 2010-01-04 08:45:12, jackprw1 wrote:
Hi,
Definitely the Satio! The Sony Ericsson Satio is an awesome all-in-one multi-media phone with the best Cyber-shot and Walkman experience from Sony! It is the best camera phone. Especially with that 12megapixel camera equipped with a Xenon flash! It also has cool features like Face Detection and SmileSutter. It also records amazing videos in high quality with LED flash. Its user interface are also one of the best 'cause it has really fun and animated effects! It has a large 3.5inch touchscreen which you will truly enjoy watching you movies and viewing your photos! It also has really fast internet and uploading. Its truly a multi-media phone that has everything you need to be entertained packed in it!

I'm absolutely sold! Now...where's your store again?
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-05 10:55
Personaly i'd take the Satio if it was stable as my 5800xm is. Ive had time to play on both my parents iPhone3G and iPhone3GS to confirm that i just couldn't live with an iPhone,its better as a 2nd phone to my 5800 or to a Satio IMO. Multitasking is something i use daily, a smartphone without multitasking and proper taskmanager to me is useless realy,might as well have a Samsung e250. I generaly love Symbian S60 for the fact that i realy dont need a PC even for firmware updates,i dont need to worry about backing up ANYTHING when doing an update thanx to UDP, when hacking and modding an S60 you dont need a PC etc. . .i just love the freedom,even the customization is superior in s60,being able to change the Menus and Menu effects etc... The camera is another reason why id take the Satio. Basicaly if you know your way around S60 and enjoy its freedom,go for Satio.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2010-01-05 11:21
@GUCCI - genuine question - what do you regularly multitask, and why? I had multitasking phones for 4-5 years before the iPhone, but 14 months into the iPhone - and especially since the introduction of push notifications - I really don't miss it. At the end of the day, the iPhone does multitask all the important stuff (phone/email/music etc).
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-05 13:05
Boinng
I run MXit which is a popular IM client down here, Music Player, Opera Mobile or Mini, Gravity (twitter and facebook client) as well as VideoHUB sometimes when i download a YouTube vid that i want.
I do get what you mean though, but the iPhones way of multitasking realy doesnt do it for me. Also Bluetooth file transfer is a big one, sharing files between my laptop, and phones is important, whilest i use the phone,so im not just limited to USB.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2010-01-05 13:15
Fair enough, the iPhone can't keep up with that entirely, but it does get close - for example, with IM+ (which supports Push notifications) I can be logged in and receiving messages from most instant messaging networks, including Twitter and Facebook, while I browse in Safari and listen to ipod music at the same time. If I choose to respond to a message, IM+ loads quickly, the music keeps playing, and Safari falls into the background - but as a core app it doesn't close completely so I don't lose my page or download progress.

It's not full multitasking, but it's nowhere near as limiting as some like to make out.
[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2010-01-05 12:18 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-05 13:41
maybe i was a bit harsh with the Samsung e250 comment as the iPhone does multitask to a certain degree. The iPhone is a great smartphone, i think we owe a lot of the improvements that S60v5 is undergoing to it but for me personaly its just not what im looking for. If the PW does like the geekishness of S60 they must go for it.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic