Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Satio Vs iphone

Author Satio Vs iphone
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 02:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I love the iphone and the new Satio but which is best?
bodeh6
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-02 02:09
It really depends. If you want tons of Apps and a nice smooth UI, iPhone. If you want something with more productivity and S60 apps, the Satio. Satio wins hands down in the photo/video department.
Visit my blog myse1.blogspot.com
jigonx
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 02:47
"7 reasons why the Sony Ericsson Satio can challenge the iPhone And 3 reasons why it can't" --> read HERE
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 02:56
Thanks but after reading that now i am even more confused? its like being torn between two lovers.

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 04:01
I would never choose the iphone over the Sony Ericsson no way. Who cares about Apps i dont.
Phone?? What phone??
jayminmedina
K770 Violet
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-02 06:01
i love love photos and a 12 megapixel camera is just the right one..
Sony Ericsson K770i - R8BC004 - Globe
SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 07:05
More pixels don't necessarily mean better pict quality. You should wait for the next iPhone which will have better camera with video recording and editing plus auto-focus and them compare it to satio. When it comes to apps, satio's OS isn't even ready and the iphone's OS has many many cool and useful apps available and many more to come since it's like the 'hot thing' nowadays when it comes to mobile development. Plus, satio doesn't have a 3.5mm jack, and that's too dumb for a media phone.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 10:55
Not having to use iTunes is a big plus in the Satio's favour but SE need to get browsing and email right because that's what iPhone owners use the most. If SE don't do something about the lack of apps and ongoing software upgrades then it'll end up missing the iPhone and competing against the N-series.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 11:18
Chalk and cheese really, HW freaks would love the Satio (and everything else for that matter), iphone users concentrate more on what they can do with a phone, rather than on what the phone can do
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 14:08

On 2009-06-02 04:01:00, Bonovox wrote:
I would never choose the iphone over the Sony Ericsson no way. Who cares about Apps i dont.

Surely its the apps that make a good smartphone?
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 14:58

On 2009-06-02 04:01:00, Bonovox wrote:

Enough people care about Apps to have downloaded a billion of them for the iPhone in less than a year. Maybe they were all ifart (they weren't) but that's still an impressive figure whichever way you look at it. Are all those people going to turn around now and say "who cares about Apps", ditch their iPhones and buy the Satio? No, of course they aren't. They're going to carry on playing with the Apps on their current phone, and then maybe transfer them to their next iPhone when they upgrade.

Julias wrote:
Surely its the apps that make a good smartphone?

It certainly is - this basic concept of extending and improving the functionality of the device, of it being as much a pocket computer as a phone and just as programmable and open to new software, that's been the core of the smartphone dream since the term was first coined many, many years ago. It's fine that Bonovox doesn't care about apps, but to me it just confirms that Bonovox (like many others) simply doesn't want or need a smartphone. He's after a flashy featurephone with the best camera etc, and right now Satio may be just that, but of course the minute Samsung or whoever come out with a 15mp Pixon it'll be old news again. I suspect Bonovox's loyalty is to SE, but it certainly isn't to S60 or any other smartphone OS, since like he says - who cares about apps?
se_love
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 15:07
Instead of large paragraphs and such I'll put it bluntly.
Crappy hardware and a nice UI with a flood of crappy apps
OR
Extremely good hardwarer a nicer UI and a possibly good app selection if they do put the SE app store on it.
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 15:09

On 2009-06-02 15:07:50, se_love wrote:
Instead of large paragraphs and such I'll put it bluntly.
Crappy hardware and a nice UI with a flood of crappy apps
OR
Extremely good hardwarer a nicer UI and a possibly good app selection if they do put the SE app store on it.

I admire your optimism, however, for once i agree with Boinng
Raiderski
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-02 15:40
guess why my former boss asked me whether I would like to create iPhone (not S60) versions of 20 (yes, twenty) J2ME games. not because S60 sucks, it's just iPhone development platform and distribution system which is excellent and much more friendly than S60 for profesional teams of developers and independent developers. you can hate iPhone but saying that applications mean nothing and SE can have better set of apps is a nonsense! when Steve Jobs said that iPhone and iPod Touch will be great solutions for mobile entertainment I laughed but today... well, today I understand that I was wrong but of course you will never understand if you don't have anything to do with software development and iPhone. I would like to see SE reaching for only 1% of iPhone success in software
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 16:03
My loyalty is with SE but i am also in admiration with what Samsung and LG are doing and achieving right now and the future for them looks rosy. Even Samsung beat Nokia with a S60 8 mega pixel smartphone. But no i care nothing for Apps but it does not mean i dont want a Smartphone. I have had many smartphones over the years but never bothered with Apps. I just dont see the point and that bloody iphone advert THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT GRRRR........ITS SO ANNOYING. Actually i just hate the iphone. I have owned smartphones from Nokia Sony Ericsson and Siemens over the years. Yes Siemens some years ago lol. This might sound like a stupid question but phones such as the LG Arena are they classed as Smartphones? I would certainly choose the Arena over Apple anyday i just dont like Apple full stop and hate itunes. The only apps i ever download are Opera Mini and Yahoo Go for email. Dont need anything else.

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2009-06-02 15:15 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic