Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Satio Vs iphone

Author Satio Vs iphone
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-07-24 17:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yeah Boinng, you like the iphone, and in your opinion nowt else is worth a light, i reckon we get the picture by now.
Perhaps you'll take my hint and save yourself an RSI
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-07-24 18:18
@MWEB when will you ever learn???? I would have thought it was obvious by now??? the best phone in the world is the one snuggled away in Boinng's pocket, nothing else could ever even come close, not even his previous choice of phone get's a look in!!
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2009-07-24 18:46

On 2009-07-24 18:18:17, Nanu wrote:
@MWEB when will you ever learn???? I would have thought it was obvious by now??? the best phone in the world is the one snuggled away in Boinng's pocket, nothing else could ever even come close, not even his previous choice of phone get's a look in!!

actually... that about sums it up for me my last phone (X1) definitely doesn't come close! and if there was a better device out there, it would be in my pocket!

anyway, I thought this was a discussion? some members are raising points and others are countering them, though yes, mostly its Boinng. I've wanted to join in a few times but Boinng pretty much sums up alot of my thoughts and likely responses

I've yet to try the TG01, Hero or (getting back to topic) the Satio, but when I do I may well form another opinion, though they do have alot to live up to with the iPhone "eco-system, as Boinng puts it

Having always previously chopped and changed my phones every few months, having an iphone now for 2 years is unheard of and surprises me the most, but I really cannot imagine what it will take in a new device to cause me to give it up and change.
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-07-24 19:40
"better" masseur, what's "better" is entirely different for each individual user, i have a 3G S in my portfolio right now, but i would honestly struggle to choose it alone as my sole device against increasingly strong competition, a great many people invest a lot of money in choosing the iphone and subsequently on apps, those people are oblivious and unwilling, even blind to the strengths of other excellent devices
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-07-24 19:52
Better is in the eye of the beholder (or is that beauty?) I currently have the Hero and blow me it is a good device. But is it the best? no. Is it best for me? maybe. But I would not be so bold as to say there are no better devices out there, each to their own, and I will not keep piping on about how my particular device is the best there is! THAT is the difference.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2009-07-24 19:54

On 2009-07-24 19:40:12, MWEB wrote:
"better" masseur, what's "better" is entirely different for each individual user... snip

I agree 100%, and thats what discussions like this are mostly formed of... people giving their opinion of what they know and the hope is that the OP and others can glean something from those contrary points made to help them to make the comparison they sought (in this case Satio vs iPhone).

but there's really no need to start dissing one member just because that one happily responds the most to the counter points made, which is why I said I would have joined in earlier except that I already thought he was already doing a good enough job for the iphone side of the comparison
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-07-24 20:10
I refer the honourable moderator to what Nanu said on the matter some moments ago
Mateoff
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2009-07-24 20:16
I think satio because have better camera and i like sony ericsson phones.Iphone is toy
[ This Message was edited by: Mateoff on 2009-07-24 19:21 ]
Jaggz
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-07-24 20:41
Did I just read 'the iPhone is a toy'? Seriously?!!

People were saying that about the Mac back in 1999, whilst Mac's were being used to design 90% of ALL the printed literature in the western world.

Whatever the iPhone is, it's certainly not a toy.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-07-24 21:39
Sorry for not letting you get a word in mass!

As a general point (I don't have time to address all the rants above) this is a forum where we're all discussing phones, related technologies and their relative merits - it really should go without saying that everything posted here is personal opinion only, and to be honest I think everyone *does* understand that. We all understand that "better is in the eye of the beholder", but that doesn't mean we can't put our own opinions across - if it did then this site, and most of the rest of the Internet, would pretty much close overnigt.

@MWEB - maybe when you learn the meaning of the word "hint", I'll take one..
[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2009-07-24 21:16 ]
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-07-24 22:27
There is a fine line between expressing an opinion and ramming it down peoples throats!

For the interest of the thread I would go with the iPhone
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-07-25 00:55
Get off your high horse Nanu. You only have to go back a single page in this thread to find a perfectly fine little conversation (not started by me) over the rights and wrongs of J2ME development on the iPhone. Not "the iPhone is best", just a discussion on why Apple aren't keen on Java and Flash.

Click the "next page" link and suddenly its all about you and MWEB having a tantrum over nothing, trying to pick a personal fight with me over the fact that I post, and arguing between yourselves about how awful it is that someone might think one phone is better than another. And I'm the one banging on too much? Disturbing you, am I? How very dare I.
[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2009-07-25 00:04 ]
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-07-25 01:14
I am neither on a high horse nor disturbed nor having a tantrum, just simply offering my opinion which a couple of post's back you said was fine for me to do and if I didn't continue to do so the whole internet would collapse, would it not?

I bid you good night!

for the benefit of the thread and to keep on topic, I agree with what Boinng said about the rights and wrongs of J2ME development on the iPhone.
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-07-25 10:22
Less of a tantrum, more of a reality check, Boinng, though as always, banging my head against a brick wall gets tiresome after a while.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-07-25 10:25
I guess you boys are tired of this thread cause the way you're going about it it will be locked soon.

Anyway, the one problem with Satio is its use of S60 v5 which is really not designed for touch operation. Even UIQ would've fared way better than S60 v5, in fact the former would've put up the kind of fight that Android will put up.

It will boil down to the user experience and right now and likely when Satio is released the Iphone will still be king in that field. You can have all the new and exciting features jammed into a phone but at the end of it all if you don't enjoy the experience then what's the point?

In time, however, Nokia and SE (if they are still in existence) will close the gap on Apple's appstore.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic