Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Satio Vs iphone

Author Satio Vs iphone
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-07-16 14:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have an ipod touch, which often serves as my mobile video player (via tv out cable) and wireless internet terminal.

That said, putting videos on the thing is often frustrating requiring long conversions before itunes will deal with the media, when the same videos will play on WM handsets without conversion.

As always, when used along with the entire apple ecosystem (itunes store to itunes to device) it's a joy to use but as soon as you stray outside the proprietary boundaries of Apple things fall apart.

Regarding the safari browser, it's about on par with other mobile browsers with the main advantage being multitouch zoom and drag - and even this I would prefer a single-finger operated zoom button, and joystick controlled panning, than the multitouch UI. Still, it "just" pips the post as the best mobile browser, for now.

I'd probably get the satio over the iphone. From my N95 8GB I'd expect the media support of the Satio would be better, and the Camera of course much better.
[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2009-07-16 13:56 ]
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-07-16 16:25

On 2009-07-16 14:32:11, se_love wrote:
If you want high specs and a damn good build quality direct yourself to the Satio but if you want low specs and are a money waster on apps go for the i-phone.

I won't get into the "low specs and money waster apps" of the iPhone, but exactly how can you claim "damn good build quality" for a phone that's not been released or handled yet by anyone in its final form? Let's be honest here, SE haven't exactly covered themselves in glory recently where build quality is concerned.
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-07-16 16:35
i feel satio is miles away...
SE is best in cam department but iphone still has 2mpx witout video and settings.
satio has xenon,Face detection,smile detection VGA video. but i dont think next iphone will come with atleast 5mpx with xenon.
SE, samsung and LG are in mega pixel war but i phone cant even enter in the race.
i agree that iphone UI is cool but SATIO is not bad either...u'll get many applications once the new symbian os starts for sure. its my opinion thats it.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-07-16 18:28
iPhone3GS has VGA @ 30FPS video recording bud.
Anyway S60v5 already has quite a few apps, growing slowly but surely, its just like S60v3, at 1st there were no apps since it didnt support v2 apps at all, after the N73 was released almost everyday there was a new S60v3 app or an updated version of an already exsisting app, when the iPhone was released people boasted about YouTube on it, with in a month we had 3 different YouTube clients on s60v3, 2 of them were able to download, store or stream YouTube vids, what im saying is that soon there will be a great variety of apps for S60v5 soon, and atleast it supports some s60v3 apps as well like X-Plore, HandyTaskman etc. . .
Between Satio and iPhone3GS, id not be sure since Satio is stupidly missing a 3.5mm jack, trust SE to brake the tradition, every high end Multimedia orientated Symbian S60 since the N95 has a 3.5mm jack,even the Eseries are getting them now, dam it SE!
If the 3.5mm jack isnt a big deal to you then Satio all the way,its got the hardware. . . .well most of it, and the software will be available in bucketloads soon.
Ive had enough time with an iPhone3G to know that its not for me,but still a fantastic phone, i HATE Apple for being so dam good and the 3GS is a nice step up, but its nearly 2010 now and yet the iPhone STILL cant do BT file transfer,nor Multitask straight out the box, things my 3yearold N80 had, id feel ripped off getting an iPhone for now.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-07-16 22:52
Quote:

On 2009-06-02 16:03:00, Bonovox wrote:
My loyalty is with SE but i am also in admiration with what Samsung and LG are doing and achieving right now and the future for them looks rosy. Even Samsung beat Nokia with a S60 8 mega pixel smartphone. But no i care nothing for Apps but it does not mean i dont want a Smartphone. I have had many smartphones over the years but never bothered with Apps. I just dont see the point and that bloody iphone advert THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT GRRRR........ITS SO ANNOYING. Actually i just hate the iphone. I have owned smartphones from Nokia Sony Ericsson and Siemens over the years. Yes Siemens some years ago lol. This might sound like a stupid question but phones such as the LG Arena are they classed as Smartphones? I would certainly choose the Arena over Apple anyday i just dont like Apple full stop and hate itunes. The only apps i ever download are Opera Mini and Yahoo Go for email. Dont need anything else.

DON'T LET THE B*****D'S GRIND YOU DOWN!![ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2009-06-02 15:15 ]

i agree with this fella..totally..imo, i think the iphone 3gs, and even now, the 3g, are massively overpriced. The ui is beautiful, but then again, i love the ui on the omnia hd i'm typing this on. . .
freezone
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-07-17 16:24
iphone is better .i like it

This message was posted from a N70
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-07-17 20:18
Quote:

On 2009-07-17 16:24:40, freezone wrote:
iphone is better .i like it

This message was posted from a N70

lmao. Stupid message of the year..
buntoo
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2009-07-17 23:00
[addsig]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-07-18 02:40
Yes yes the iphone has a great interface but its massively overpriced imo cos of its not that advanced features. I would rather have a fantasticly specced phone like the Satio but with a more than decent interface than have an iphone with rubbish specs and only a decent interface. There are phones out there that do ten times what the iphone does and imo better. Sorry its so over rated i say it again.
Phone?? What phone??
nicv27
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2009-07-18 12:15
Is the Satio even out yet?
How many phones have you seen before and when they arrive turn out to be hopeless? Surely you should wait till it is released. When the x1 was released it got less than warm receptions.
I had an iphone 3g and loved it and before i am accused of being brainwashed by apple, i use a sony dslr and a sony Vaio laptop.The thing i loved about my iphone was as someone else said the interface was so easy the browser is better than any thing i have used on any n series or Xperia and much better than my Bold. The games on the iphone are second to none and were compared to Nintendo ds by The gadget show. OK the camera isn't any good fair enough but i own a dslr and a Point and shoot so i am not that bothered you cant multitask, again fair point but you can only see one thing on the screen at anytime.
The point of the iphone is no it doesn't do everything and it is very poor at some things but the things it does well it does better than others
Samsung Galaxy S3 White iPad 2 32gb 3G +16/-0 Twitter.nicv27
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-07-22 12:14
i can't see why apple fanboys get a semi on about the iphone. I really can't.
alfrido15
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-07-22 12:19
I think that iphone is the best.

This message was posted from a SGH-E250
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2009-07-22 12:22

On 2009-07-22 12:19:04, alfrido15 wrote:
I think that iphone is the best.

This message was posted from a SGH-E250

Thank you for your valuable input. We appreciate the effort you have made in comparing these two phones and providing a well-educated and unbiased conclusion.
[ This Message was edited by: NightBlade on 2009-07-22 11:24 ]
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-07-22 13:01

On 2009-07-18 02:40:00, Bonovox wrote:
Yes yes the iphone has a great interface but its massively overpriced imo cos of its not that advanced features. I would rather have a fantasticly specced phone like the Satio but with a more than decent interface than have an iphone with rubbish specs and only a decent interface. There are phones out there that do ten times what the iphone does and imo better. Sorry its so over rated i say it again.

It makes me laugh when people try to attack the iPhone with "specs" - it really ought to be obvious now that in the real world, those specs are only a small part of the story. Ok, the camera on the original iPhone and 3G is pretty poor, and the screen resolution on all of them has been bettered, but the experience of actually using an iPhone hasn't been. And that's not just about the UI itself, as good as that is, it's also about the speed and quality of that "rubbish" hardware - which, with the 3GS, now includes probably the most advanced processor available in any smartphone today.

As for these phones that do "ten times what the iphone does", please do list them, since with the appstore the way it is now I seriously doubt there's anything on earth that the iphone doesn't do already.

On 2009-07-18 12:15:59, nicv27 wrote:
you cant multitask, again fair point but you can only see one thing on the screen at anytime.

IMHO there were only ever very few situations where multitasking was missed on the iPhone, and a good few of them have now been addressed by push notifications. For instance, I can now login to instant messaging with IM+, immediately close down the application and go do something else entirely, and still be logged in to all my IM services for the next 10 minutes (or longer) and have any messages pushed to me in that time.
[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2009-07-22 12:08 ]
brys182
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-07-22 13:15
is it true that adobe will not support iphone with the latest flash for mobile?

misunderstanding and arguments is normal...hehe

Ill go for Iphone hehe,,,,,
Don't be so quick to judge me, you only see what I choose to show you.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic