Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > V640 (aka K630) vs W910 (whats your favorite?)

Previous  12
Author V640 (aka K630) vs W910 (whats your favorite?)
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-02-06 13:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@xzite: I just went to Australia for a holiday a couple of years ago. Born and raised in Christchurch.

Pros for the W910i for me would be the big screen. Seriously, it is one heck of a nice screen, especially when you consider I went from the 1.8" V630i to the 2.4" of the W910i. The media player is great. The size of the phone is great. The fact that you get the Cyber-shot camera interface is great (phones like the W760i which is similar come with a far inferior camera interface). The A2 platform is another pro. I can't go back to the old SE interface now.

Cons would be that over time (5-6 months or so) the paint begins to wear away where parts of the sliding mechanism rub on each other. The camera isn't that flash (though you're not buying a Walkman phone for its camera). The software can at times be quite slow, especially on the Vodafone version of the phone.

Other than that its a sweet piece of kit.

@carkitter: I don't mind at all! In fact I think it's great that you used one of my shots.

[ This Message was edited by: Muhammad-Oli on 2009-02-06 14:40 ]
xzite
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-02-07 00:43

On 2009-02-06 11:53:54, carkitter wrote: By posting your comments in the review section that yea g linked to, others can easily read you comments without having to find this thread which, in a couple of months time will be buried among the thousands of other threads.

Muhammad Oli and I have also posted comments about the V630i and perhaps you like to add your own V630i review there too?

Ok i have reviewed 2 phones that was kinda fun i will review most phones i've had Thanks CarKitter

On 2009-02-06 13:08:38, Muhammad-Oli wrote:
@xzite: I just went to Australia for a holiday a couple of years ago. Born and raised in Christchurch.

Pros for the W910i for me would be the big screen. Seriously, it is one heck of a nice screen, especially when you consider I went from the 1.8" V630i to the 2.4" of the W910i. The media player is great. The size of the phone is great. The fact that you get the Cyber-shot camera interface is great (phones like the W760i which is similar come with a far inferior camera interface). The A2 platform is another pro. I can't go back to the old SE interface now.

Cons would be that over time (5-6 months or so) the paint begins to wear away where parts of the sliding mechanism rub on each other. The camera isn't that flash (though you're not buying a Walkman phone for its camera). The software can at times be quite slow, especially on the Vodafone version of the phone.

Other than that its a sweet piece of kit.

Well being honest i don't know what A2 platform is i didn't even know there was a A1 haha but the camera i don't care about as long as it snaps decent pictures its fine its mainly music i'm worried about & being Walkman branded it should be sweet. I kinda figured the paint would wear from the sliding which i'm ok with after all most phones (not just sliders) wear out in the way of paint sooner or later like my V640i has on the middle key (the one above the number 2 that circle one) so who knows the W910i may give my current favorite (the V640i) a run for its money...what do you reckon? By the way whats cyber-shot interface?
Check out my first ever online mobile review by clicking here
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-02-07 11:10
Oh yeah definitely, the W910i is as good as the V640i in every way in terms of specs, but it has even more. So I have no doubt you'll be loving it as soon as you get your hands on it. Even the camera on the W910i meets the V640i in terms of quality.

The Cyber-shot interface is the menus you use when you're taking photos. You'll be well used to it on your V640i.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi