Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Phone restarting in order to improve performance!

Previous  12
Author Phone restarting in order to improve performance!
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-12-03 08:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-12-02 21:49:05, myth® wrote:

Your phone is unbranded and your firmware is the latest version of Generic World 1.

You could take out the memory stick, format (or master reset) your phone and try it for a few days without installing any 3rd party apps.

And do NOT restore a backup.

Use it for a few days and tell us how it goes...

You know what?I'll do that,too. I'm pretty sure it's one of the programs bugging the memory,the clean phone is ok.
" They say i'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
Read my Symbian UIQ 3.0 reviews at Juvo's
Atank
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-12-03 11:12
My phone restart twice for a month i use after got flash with SEUS (see my p1i can not booting post).
And i always got that restart when i'm using camera with a lot of apps run on task manager.
I guess that 'the phone need .. Improvement' is always do when i run so many apps that make p1i so 'confused and lack of hand to carry out' (correct me if i'm wrong)
And now i'm always close unneeded apps to avoid that restart happen again.
Just fyi.
~ Football fever ~
never rest to play the best
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-12-03 11:29
Ok,I might be a power user and maybe that's why.If you use Opera and camera all day long like I do, expect a restart quicker than usually. These are the 2 most memory hungry apps. When I didn't use cam and Opera for 10 days, I only had one restart.
iksplusipsilon
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-12-03 14:13
As I remember, the restarts were more frequent when doing memory intensive tasks, but they happened with a phone just sitting, doing nothing also .... blah ... the mysteries of SE

One more thing I remember is to try and install all of the apps in the phone memory, and not on the memory card ... had buggy card once ( fake probably )

[ This Message was edited by: theos on 2008-12-03 13:14 ]
fakkizmo
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-12-05 22:47
This phone seems to be cursed or smt. Now i got another problem. It seems that the phone just fades away. all my calls cannot get thru, and when someone try to call me it seems that i am unavaliable. But i am obiously not. Also i cannot turn it off using the power buton. I must take the batery out in order to turn it off? Anyone has the same problem?
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-12-07 15:51
I reflashed the phone after I got a corrupt contatcs app.Now I don't have any restarts.I have a new battery,too!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi