Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > LG KC910 (Renoir) My Review

Author LG KC910 (Renoir) My Review
Dart5
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-11-14 14:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Still very happy with this phone but I think it has an issue with the tags on MP3 files. Most of mine aren't recognised - either from iTunes or downloaded podcasts. Seen this reported on other forums so must be bug & hopefully fixed in a new FW.
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-11-14 15:18
Im still well chuffed with mine, I just keep finding little bits on the phone that make it even easier to use. I also like that LG software that came with the phone.

Very easy to use and understand, However its not as fast as i would like to use on usb.

The Engineer menu on the phone is unreal, The stuff in there what you can and cant do is dangerous to say the least lol.

Google Maps is not on any Kc910 i beleive on any network brand. Ive also not been able to get google maps to work, but mgmaps works like a treat, no problems at all and its fast to connect to GPS (30 seconds max, when out side)

I would recomend the the KC910 to any one and to say that this is my first LG phone.

Ive just gone and purchase the LG Cookie as a spare phone and thats great too.

I cant wait to see what LG brings out next year.

The Main gripe ive had was the java, Ive email LG and I know the Tech team are currenlty dealing with it, so again im hoping it will be fixed further down the line.

There is a free wbsite for Games, music, ringtones and its run by LG.

http://uk.lgmobile.com/web/web.common.Main.laf

Just register and you get points and what do points make .... Freebies

Ive had alsorts and this month there are free sims games and a free disney game.

Every month there is something different and you collect points by signing in. So every day i sign in to collect 5 points.

Yes Ive also read regarding the Tags on some of the other websites and they are having the same problem. If you email LG Direct I know that they will feed it back and more emails the better in getting it fixed in the next update i hope
Brady
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-11-16 23:37
How do i access the engineer (service) menu?
swardy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-11-17 09:49
Thanks for the link mate, i've already downloaded a couple of free games

I'm agreeing with you on the phone, the more i use it the more i love it! it really is a good piece of kit! the only thing that i've been disappointed about so far is not being able to send EMS messages as i used to do that a lot on my k850i.
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-11-17 23:09
Yes i was too with the ems, but got used to it now, so it doesnt bother me.

I just like everything else about the phone.

Just got Amaze sat nav working with the phone, no probs. Its easy and you even get voice guided too.

Used the phone today for notepad docs and word docs, no probs at all..

It just keeps amazing me and making me happy.

I cant wait for the next gen of the LG phones next year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding the Engineer code, I can give you this, but i am going to give a word of cautious. The eng menu on LG phones can and are dangerous to the phone. You can damage any part of the phone or cause serious damage to the software it self.

If you want the code then please let me know, but I'm not being held responsable for anything you do to the phone in any way shape or form.

It will also invalidate any Warranty with the phone you have...
Brady
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-11-17 23:32
Found this website with a couple of themes and reviews for the renoir

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/lg/lgkc910renoir/

If anyone knows any other sites with thems it would be good to know them.

Also @ Darrengf, which of the GPS progs would you rate the best so far?

If your having problems with the phone recognising songs (eg it puts them in 'unknown' folder) what to do is convert the ID3 tags of the songs to version 2.3, there is an option to do this in itunes when you right click on the songs. The phone then puts them in correct artist, album and track name, the only downside is that the tracks are not in the correct order.

[ This Message was edited by: Brady on 2008-11-17 22:37 ]
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-11-17 23:45

On 2008-11-17 23:32:32, Brady wrote:

If your having problems with the phone recognising songs (eg it puts them in 'unknown' folder) what to do is convert the ID3 tags of the songs to version 2.3, there is an option to do this in itunes when you right click on the songs. The phone then puts them in correct artist, album and track name, the only downside is that the tracks are not in the correct order.

Oh thats good to know.

I have noticed that the renoir has a strange filing system and database system, not sure why that is. It just does thing strangely.

Ive used the mgmaps and this works fine, however Ive only just downloaded the amaze sat nav software to which ive only tried it in my bed room, but it works and i it connects even when im in a building.

The renoir is the best phone i know for connecting to gps, it locks on within 30 secs of connecting.

I will try the new software tom and come back with my findings
Brady
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-11-17 23:49

On 2008-11-17 23:45:27, darrengf wrote:

On 2008-11-17 23:32:32, Brady wrote:

Oh thats good to know.

I have noticed that the renoir has a strange filing system and database system, not sure why that is. It just does thing strangely.

Ive used the mgmaps and this works fine, however Ive only just downloaded the amaze sat nav software to which ive only tried it in my bed room, but it works and i it connects even when im in a building.

The renoir is the best phone i know for connecting to gps, it locks on within 30 secs of connecting.

I will try the new software tom and come back with my findings

Here's the link to the software that lets itunes communicate with the renoir, to allow you to copy tunes from itunes to the phone.

http://ita.sourceforge.net/

You need to set up the preferences of the itunes agent prog for the phone, but its not difficult and it works really well. Any problems give me a shout.
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-11-17 23:51
Cheers

There is starting to be lots of goodies for this phone and so far, they all work on the phone, just a few little things that you have to do differently thats all
Dart5
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-11-18 10:43
Got the TV out cable yesterday. Took me a while to work it out. It works OK but it only shows video and not pictures. You also have to start the video before setting it to TV Out other wise nothing is shown. Took me ages to suss that out - was changing the settings on the TV thinking it wasn't working! One small thing, you also have to reset it to TV Out every time it's played. So if you have a short video running on repeat (which I did while I was trying to get it to work), it will only show on the first run, then you have to pause it, reset TV Out and start again. I've only shot video inside so far, but that didn't look to bad although dark, will try outside shots later which I imagine will be a lot clearer.
Dart5
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-11-20 09:22
Review now on SMAPE:

http://smape.com/en/reviews//LG_KC910-rev.html
gordiegords
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-11-23 21:12
I have had few problems with tagging, i sync with windows media player, i managed to work out it wont tag files that are .wma but it will tag .mp3 so i converted all my files to mp3 and hey presto its all there, although i still haven't worked out how to get the album picture up on the centre screen!! sometimes the album artwork is displayed, sometimes it isn't!! i find it a little annoying ha! anyone got any ideas?

Gordie
stephenjd
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-11-26 10:25
Google Maps is provided on the Renoir with the 3 network in the UK. When it works with the GPS, it works well. But sometimes it cant get your location - and yes this was when outside.

My complaint about the Renoir is that the 'widgets with customisable settings' arent. Yes you can put certain widgets on the idle screen, but the number is limited, and you cant customise them at all. You cant even get them looking like the ones on the box the Renoir comes in.

Stephen
Brightspark
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-11-26 18:44

On 2008-11-26 10:25:36, stephenjd wrote:
Google Maps is provided on the Renoir with the 3 network in the UK. When it works with the GPS, it works well. But sometimes it cant get your location - and yes this was when outside.

My complaint about the Renoir is that the 'widgets with customisable settings' arent. Yes you can put certain widgets on the idle screen, but the number is limited, and you cant customise them at all. You cant even get them looking like the ones on the box the Renoir comes in.

Stephen

maybe there is a hack for it to put as many as you want
lovely-girl1
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-11-26 21:57
Hi everyone! I'm writing from France because I think you are the only ones who are able to save me!! Yeah, really, I'm so desperate about this gps, I've called Bouygues and LG a thousand times and nothing seems to work. Googlemaps, Amaze, mobile Gmap aren't able to find me! I really don't know what to try, do you have any idea? The only answer I get is "no satellite" or "you're position is not available".
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi