Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > LG KC910 (Renoir) My Review

Author LG KC910 (Renoir) My Review
VICTORIA
T630
PM
Posted: 2008-11-09 03:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
but if that bad head of LG, that if you can receive but not send or forward, is very bad

[ This Message was edited by: VICTORIA on 2008-11-09 14:56 ]
Masa
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-11-09 08:11
It´s a monoheadset i got.

All other phones i got i can listen to music or audiobook in a monoheadset.
While i working .

All sound come out in headset not in phonespeaker but on Lg Only calls in headset and when i try to start musicplayer to listen to my audiobook the sound comes out the phone.

When i check in profile as you said it´s show profile Normal when the headset is connected

[ This Message was edited by: Masa on 2008-11-09 07:35 ]
Shaizer
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-11-09 15:50
Could you get some pics up of the video menu? i wanted to see what resolutions this phone can record in. Theres also been some reports that the phone has a slight audio video sync problem when recording VGA at 30fps, can you confirm this?

Thanks,
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-11-09 19:11
I can confirm that I havnt had any video problems with sync audio. And ive done lots of recordings now.

The videos are
640 x 384 w
400 x 240 w
640 x 480
320 x 240
176 x 144

Regarding EMS. I can recevied them and get the option to forward them on.
I dont have a option to create them thats all.
Brightspark
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-11-10 01:12
looks like predictive texting has been improved over the viewty. i like the scrolldown list on the renoir. on the viewty you have to cycle through the words using the same key as the symbol key. it can lead to difficulties.

how many sms does it allow you to store on the phone? on the viewty its 300. i'm currently trying to find a hack to get around it.
borg_
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2008-11-10 01:55
How is the stand-by time?

Do you have always On 24h?
Xperia ZL White + C905 Ice Silver + MW600 + MBW-150 Executive + /// T39m Ericsson Technology
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-11-10 02:06
I think i have read that its 1000 in total. I will check up on that one.

Regarding the standby time, its very good indeed. Infact its better than what i thought.

I have it on for about 18 hours a day, Use it for sms, mms, videos, music, internet, camera, general use and get on average between 2.5 to 3 days use on a charge.

The only thing that seems to eat the battery is recording video and taking pics and making and receiving calls.

Hope this helps

** Ive also just ordered a USB TV Out Cable (UTC-100) for the mobile phone. I will let you know when i get it what its like **

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2008-11-10 01:47 ]
Dart5
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-11-10 11:02
Hi Darren, got my KC910 on the weekend and so far liking it. I thought the TV cable came in the box and surprised to find that it doesn't so will be looking to get that myself. From a review I saw I also though it came with a full remote on the hands free, but the one I got is the simple single button type, so will also look to get that. Haven't had a chance to investigate the phone to much yet. The only thing I find a pain so far is when taking pictures, the short cut keys are displayed for a fraction of a second - you’re constantly having to touch the screen to get them back - hopefully this will be changed in a FW release (this was also pointed out in one of the reviews). The other issue is with the music. I've ripped by CD's using iTunes to MP3. On the KC910 it doesn’t seem to recognise all the TAG details. It's a bit strange as for one artist they have one album correctly listed, and another listed under unknown! They were both ripped the same way and work fine on my K850. Any one else had this?
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-11-10 13:50

On 2008-11-10 11:02:37, Dart5 wrote:
Hi Darren, got my KC910 on the weekend and so far liking it. I thought the TV cable came in the box and surprised to find that it doesn't so will be looking to get that myself. From a review I saw I also though it came with a full remote on the hands free, but the one I got is the simple single button type, so will also look to get that. Haven't had a chance to investigate the phone to much yet. The only thing I find a pain so far is when taking pictures, the short cut keys are displayed for a fraction of a second - you’re constantly having to touch the screen to get them back - hopefully this will be changed in a FW release (this was also pointed out in one of the reviews). The other issue is with the music. I've ripped by CD's using iTunes to MP3. On the KC910 it doesn’t seem to recognise all the TAG details. It's a bit strange as for one artist they have one album correctly listed, and another listed under unknown! They were both ripped the same way and work fine on my K850. Any one else had this?

I havnt noticed that with the music, its all worked ok for me, so will investigate further on that one.

Yes you get standard earphones etc in the box and ive noticed that its not really loud with any ear phones connected. So im hoping that its fixed in a future update.

Yes ive just ordered the the tv out cable my self £10 from play.com and to be honest, None of my SE handsets have ever come with them, so i dont mind buying one.

** Good News though **

Ive got the GPS to work. *Mobile g-maps works with the gps beautifuly*

When you open up the programme, it asks a couple of questions and takes about 30 seconds to a min to locate a gps signal and lock on.

Ive even manage to get it working indoors near windows.
It does however take much longer to connect, but it works.

Im so so happy now.

Dont dowload the signes one though. Download the jar unsgined one to your computer and place it on the phone in others. Then click on it to install.

-PERFECT-
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-11-10 14:54
Thanks darrengf for your answers, about flash pics i think it’s possibile to have better results adjusting the settings (like your flash pic with e.v.+0.5), now i’m waiting mine...
karlosperu
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2008-11-10 15:09
@hi darrengf

tell me remains just VGA video recorded on which you can see on the television?

I have a doubt, the size of the xenon flash will be the same as the Viewty??
Brightspark
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-11-10 17:38
@darrengf
"ive noticed that its not really loud with any ear phones connected. So im hoping that its fixed in a future update. "

there's a hack for the viewty to make it much louder for the speakers, radio, earphones, etc, so i should imagine there is one for the renoir (not to sure if they are the same platform).
you could try this and use it as a guide if the secret menu is the same on the viewty as on the renoir:
http://www.mygreatphone.com/f[....]ume-media-player-no-noobs.html

[ This Message was edited by: Brightspark on 2008-11-10 16:39 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-11-11 03:08
Nice phone dazza,

Im dreading changing myphone next year I think to a touchscreen im a virgin to them well not quite I did have a P910i once upon a time

anyway nice review I hope you have fun with it
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Dart5
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-11-11 09:27

On 2008-11-11 03:08:28, Miss UK wrote:
. . . Im dreading changing myphone next year I think to a touchscreen im a virgin to them well not quite I did have a P910i once upon a time. . .

This is my first TS phone and I'm really impressed. I've only had a couple of days and already I think it would be really hard to go back to a keypad!
Brightspark
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-11-11 17:21

On 2008-11-11 09:27:38, Dart5 wrote:

On 2008-11-11 03:08:28, Miss UK wrote:
. . . Im dreading changing myphone next year I think to a touchscreen im a virgin to them well not quite I did have a P910i once upon a time. . .

This is my first TS phone and I'm really impressed. I've only had a couple of days and already I think it would be really hard to go back to a keypad!

funny you should say that because i feel the same.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi