Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > LG KC910 (Renoir) My Review

Author LG KC910 (Renoir) My Review
karlosperu
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2008-11-06 22:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The motion sensor is used to move the images and videos in horizontal and vertical or just for games??
Daedalus85
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-11-06 22:26
Looks good, even got me tempted now, and I hate touch screens lol

Thing is, I'm a heavy texter, I dunno how much you text but has that aspect of it driven you mad yet?
My opinions on this forum are that of my own and not of the company I work for.
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-11-06 22:35
Motion sensor is for texting, videos, photos
The phone was upright, as well as the camera. (I forgot to turn the photo round when editing (but you get the pic))

Daedalus85
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-11-06 22:49
Hows the texting though? Like responsiveness, the ability to type without looking, speed etc?
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-11-07 00:15
Now what a good question youve asked.

I send on average about 2000 sms a month and 50 mms a month.

My biggest worry was texting.

Wow i was shocked, Ive yet to have a problem in texting and yes i sometimes type wrong words or even wrong letters (I used to on my k850i)

But its amazinging great, I thought i would never say this, but i dont think i could now go back to another normal phone. I like touch screen.

Regarding not looking, when you get use to where you should press, your fingers seem to no where they are going.

its like touch typing, all the keys feel the same but your fingers no where to go. Stange at first but ive got used to it.

Like i said the only disapointment is that there are no you get the symbols but thats it.

Hope the photos help

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2008-11-06 23:22 ]
Daedalus85
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-11-07 09:23
Thats excellent, thanks very much Definetely given me a better idea, it's one thing me playing with them for 5 minutes in my shop, but it's another getting a real world experience from someone
karlosperu
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2008-11-07 15:12
it is true when you get used to a touch screen, it's a bit dicifil use it again with another mobile keyboard.

what they miss from my old sonyericsson were able to send the EMS Bone able to use the animations in my LG VIEWTY just can not send more only can I receive EMS

do not know if this can also RENOIR send EMS?

would be very nice to confirm this question?
and I would appreciate if you could upload a few videos the other day?

tell me the FM radio is speaker of the KC910? that does not have the LG VIEWTY??

thanks

[ This Message was edited by: giancito on 2008-11-07 14:23 ]
zoiy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-11-07 21:05
ok

This message was posted from a L343i
-PERFECT-
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-11-07 23:21
Why there is a blue tint in only a flash pic and not in the other?

Have you tried to increase the iso using the flash? 800 for example in a dark room (shooting from 2 - 3 Mt.)
Dart5
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-11-08 00:32

On 2008-11-05 01:47:22, darrengf wrote:
Update regarding GPS.

I have now downloaded nav4all and this doesnt see the GPS sensor.

There is no way i can switch on the sensor, so Ive emailed LG.

I will let you know what they say

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2008-11-06 20:16 ]

Hi darrengf, did you get anywhere with the GPS.?
Masa
W800
PM
Posted: 2008-11-08 16:43
I canīt get the music to sound in my bluetooth headset.

All other phones i haveīd there is no problem listen to music in bluetooth headset.

Only when i calls the talk is in bluetooth;But no music from the music player.

Is there any setup that i missed??

darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-11-08 22:27
@giancito
Yes EMS is missing of the phone as well. You can received ems and the phone does tell you that its a ems, but you have no way of sending them back (Which is a shame)

Regarding the FM Radio.

Youy get the choice of either head set or speaker, so to answer your questions, yes you can and the both work fine.
You go have to have your headset plugged in though to get it to work, as the headset acts as the aerial.

I hope that helps, Im not sure where to post videos too. But i will when i can for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@PERFECT

I havnt yet tried changing any thing on the camera, Ive just left everything in auto. I will try again later and post my findings for you. To be honest though the K850i did a sim thing, but it was no where near as blue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Dart5

I emailed the wrong part of LG, So again im waiting on a reply, but i wont give up, lol. I will find out why it doesnt work with the software.

@Masa

I have both Mono bluetooth headset i use in the car with out any problems and i also have a stereo bluetooth headset, again this works with out any problems.

The only thing i do, When it asks me do i want the headset to connect auto and not to ask any questions i just say yes. Thats it.

You can check the profile as well of the headset when its switched on. Press the top left button on the screen and choose profile. This will tell you if the headset is supported with the phone. Mine said it was.

Sorry i cant be any more help.

My first crash of the phone happened today. It was when i was playing music through the bluetooh headset. When i pressed the dolby button on the phone, it just went of and then came back on within 15 seconds.

Its took me a week+ of really trying to crash the phone so i would say that one crash is not going to cause any concerns for me at all and i would still give it 10/10 for stability.

If you have any more questions please ask away.

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2008-11-08 23:45 ]
karlosperu
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2008-11-08 22:40
Thank you very much for the answers
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-11-09 00:54
Ok Regarding the Blue Tint

The above was in dark and the phone was set to auto.

Hwever I have since took the pic again, but this time set the Exposure from 0 to +0.5 and you can see the difference

Sorry, but forgot to put pic back into 8mb mode

I will say that on average taking a pic is 8mb mode, the photo size is about 1.4-1.6 mb per pic.
Brightspark
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-11-09 01:24
"Yes EMS is missing of the phone as well. You can received ems and the phone does tell you that its a ems, but you have no way of sending them back (Which is a shame)"

it's worth noting that even though there is no way to send an EMS on the viewty and renoir, the phone DOES have EMS facilities in the firmware. why it has been left out i don't know. if you go into the firmware, you will find EMS at /media/java/EMS

[ This Message was edited by: Brightspark on 2008-11-09 00:25 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi