Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > 12 megapixel Sony Ericsson Kokura on its way?

Previous  123 ... 101112 131415  Next
Author 12 megapixel Sony Ericsson Kokura on its way?
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-02-18 10:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yes it worked now! thanks!

Youtube might be undergoing maintenance
10 years at Esato
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-02-18 13:23
No problem. I'm glad you were able to see it!
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
thklinge
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-02-18 15:52
This demo of Pre looks great, I love how they've integrated contacts, calendar and messaging.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/pre/index.html#video

The HD-clip you posted on the Idou can also be seen here:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/idou/

Too bad the screen is resistive.

[ This Message was edited by: thklinge on 2009-02-18 14:53 ]
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2009-02-18 16:02
What's so bad about it?
You can use with other thing than just your bare hands.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-02-18 16:26
I used resistive screens on four different mobiles over the last six years or so, and just now have an iPhone with a capacative screen. Without doubt the capacative screen is better in every way bar one - the need to use your fingers, rather than a stylus or gloves etc.

Resistive screens, by their very design, have multiple layers of plastic and glass on top of the actual screen, all of which cuts down the light that passes either way, meaning less vibrant screens that are far harder to see in daylight than they ought to be. Since they have to have a flexible top surface (again, by design) they're also far more vulnerable to scratches and other damage - the sensible answer to which is a screen a protector, which adds yet another layer of plastic and further obscures the view.

The hard glass capacative screen is a godsend, in contrast. Even forgetting the joys of multitouch (which is difficult if not impossible to implement on a resistive screen), the fact that there's nothing between you and the screen but optical glass means far better visibility in all conditions. It also means there's zero need for a screen protector, since the chances of being unlucky enough to scratch it are vastly reduced (obviously glass isn't completely unbreakable/unscratchable, but its a lot more resilient than soft plastic). On top of that it's instantly responsive, with no need to "press" the screen and much easier flicking and movement across the surface as a result.

In short: capacative FTW.

[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2009-02-18 16:18 ]
SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2009-02-18 18:33
That Pre video is great
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2009-02-18 20:05
Yes, I do realise that usually capacitive IS superior, but in the case of Idou, I don't think it matters that much. The phone registers and responds to finger strokes pretty darn fast (iPhone fast) and, from what I've seen, has great screen visibility.

[ This Message was edited by: NightBlade on 2009-02-18 19:09 ]
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2009-02-18 20:27
Now i wonder... Does it move fast because the phone is "empty" ? i mean no menu, no nothing, but the media player, phonebook and a few sample images.. I think the camera isn't usable yet.
But that doesn't matter.. now i'm interested in the CPU, RAM, and the GPU.
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2009-02-18 21:03

On 2009-02-18 20:27:17, norbi_nw wrote:
Now i wonder... Does it move fast because the phone is "empty" ? i mean no menu, no nothing, but the media player, phonebook and a few sample images.. I think the camera isn't usable yet.
But that doesn't matter.. now i'm interested in the CPU, RAM, and the GPU.

Doubtfully. The UI isn't finished, yes, and the fact that the phone currently needs to load smaller amounts of data in the memory may also be a factor, but as Idou gets closer to its release, the software will undoubtedly get optimised even futher. I think we have nothing to worry about.
Besides, it packs a really powerful CPU.
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2009-02-18 22:35
well if the w995 packs the most powerful CPU known to SE, I hope this one will use the same (or better). The old 200mhz just wouldn't do anymore... it was already pushed to the limit, and thats why K850i had issues (and C905 restarts sometimes..). OFC it consumed less batery, but it was simply outdated. So hope for the new architecture... may even dream about the Xperia processor in it
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2009-02-18 22:38
The CPU is better than X1's, AFAIK.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-02-19 10:19
The X1's is a lousy Qualcomm MSM7200 chip (as used in everything else HTC make, including the G1). It's not exactly the best loved processor amongst users, since it's no great shakes in the multimedia department (and was at the root of the whole missing driver furore with the Tytn II last year).
Domecot
Apple Iphone 5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-02-19 14:29
here is a proposal:
Since this is the Idou discusion thread why don't the author or masseu don't change the name??? It would be WAY better.
mario2004
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-02-19 20:57
Can anyone confirm the OS this cell will use? I know, most of you in here don't like s60/symbian, but from what I gather, exactly this will be the OS. There is a bit of a conflicting issue around the Idou. If is going to be released as announced then it will have to use the s60 touch (v5) because there is simply nothing als out there! On the other hand, if this is a concept phone and only comes out after june 2010, obviously more advanced versions of symbian will be available. All the Symbian workers are as of begin of this month, Nokia employees and I know they are working on the s60 os. Of course, the iPHONE has a 'faster' reaction time, but the os used is so much smaller! The iPHONE is nowhere near in the same league feature wise!
'Better govern our selfs the wrong way, then be governed by 'others' the right way.'
- Robert Mugabe - Freedom fighter comarade, peoples hero and President of Zimbabwe.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-02-19 21:04
I thought this was S60 v5 but with SE's shell on it?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101112 131415  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic