Forum > Network operators > Europe > O2 Not Stocking The N96

Previous  123  Next
Author O2 Not Stocking The N96
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-09-13 20:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I dont think its going to be a huge seller or is it anything new. I dont think its going to be fault free either. I am also not a Nokia die hard fan i love both Nokia and SE. I was just pointing out my views about O2 not stocking certain phones just cos of the iphone. Customers want more than just iphone.
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-09-13 21:48
i am sure o2 did der research before making this decision. at the end of the day, they are UK's biggest mobile operator, so they would have done this research before making this decision and i am sure it is the right one they made.

Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-13 22:05
@Mr Miyagi,

Personally i am always amazed that 02 is the biggest UK network as they have the worst 3G/HSDPA coverage and offer the worst data speeds also.

I also don't believe for a second that any device is fault free especially when launched and the 3G iPhone certainly isn't what ever you may like to claim. As not only has it needed 2 or is it 3 now software upgrades to fix problems there seem to be plenty of people that have had bubbling backs, sharp bezels, gaps in their frames, bad battery life and a failure to get a good 3G signal which hardly makes it perfect does it?

Instead of seeing that the N96 is going to have so many problems before it's even released can't you at least do something useful and get the winning lottery numbers instead.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-09-13 21:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-09-13 21:08 ]
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-09-13 22:22
dogmann history has shown that ever since symbian has been introduced on nokia handsets amongst others, they tend to have far more software updates and issues than other handsets. Yes apple have had issues with the 3g iphone however how many issues did they have with the original 2g one? not many at all. and each software update they have done apple they have always released new and more features into the handset. my prediction of the N96 is going by previous models. I am not a risk analyst who measures risk, however any analyst who measures risk will i am sure have the same prediction of how this handset will perform in relation to its bugs that will come along with it.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr Miyagi on 2008-09-13 21:24 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-09-13 23:13
If o2 are the number 1 network within the uk then they should supply the phone, its not our fault that they have lost loads on a apple product thats more oppiniunated for the us market not here. We have rising diversity here, we aim high for high tech not middle tech. O2 have really gone down hill thats all im saying.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2008-09-13 23:28

On 2008-09-13 22:22:00, Mr Miyagi wrote:
dogmann history has shown that ever since symbian has been introduced on nokia handsets amongst others, they tend to have far more software updates and issues than other handsets. Yes apple have had issues with the 3g iphone however how many issues did they have with the original 2g one? not many at all. and each software update they have done apple they have always released new and more features into the handset. my prediction of the N96 is going by previous models. I am not a risk analyst who measures risk, however any analyst who measures risk will i am sure have the same prediction of how this handset will perform in relation to its bugs that will come along with it.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr Miyagi on 2008-09-13 21:24 ]

This guy blabbs on as if ONLY NOKIAs have problems.
Yes the iPhone 2G or 1st Gen or whatever didn't have as many probs as a N95 at release but its CRYSTAL CLEAR why it didnt, it has SO LITTLE that theres not much that can go wrong with it, the thing cant even do BT File transfer lol. NOKIA ALSO added features to the N95-1, they even INCREASED its RAM and battery life with a FW update, they ALSO added ASR (Auto Screen Rotate), WRT Widgets, FlashLite3.0 to the Web Browser to now allow Flash8 content to be viewed on Web sites as well as native YouTube support (thats right the iPhone ISNT the ONLY one that supports YouTube). Best part is that NOKIA does not have to lie about their devices capabilities and have adverts banned. The N95 is now very stable so are most if not all the newer Nseries (N95-8gb, N82, N81, N78 etc. . . .).
Sorry i dont know much about o2 since im not in the UK but if i heard that a network wasnt releasing a certain high end device that quite a lot of people ARE ACTUALY interested in i'd also be complaining.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-09-13 23:47
Actually miss uk they actually gained an extra 6million customers due to the iphone increasing the market share they already were winnin and ahead on before the iphone was released.and about bluetooth etc everyone knew the iphone didn't have full support and mms etc but that still didn't stop people goin for the iphone cuz most people can live without it.remember wen apple introduced the imac it was the first computer without a floppy disk drive and the first wit usb support den everyone started complainin why apple got rid of the floppy drive.its cuz they knew its sumat people can do without.same wit mms etc der is always a clever reason why apple r doin it n guess wot?its still not stoppin people buy it in der millions.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-09-13 23:54
Cant transfer files via bluetooth cant send pics and cant use own ring tones to name a few features missing. The only great thing is the screen and interface. Nothing out of this world. I also dont like the fact that Apple insist you have to burn all your albums to itunes in order to play them on your device. I frankly think that stinks. Very inconvenient. You pay a high price for something that gives you not much really.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2008-09-14 00:28

On 2008-09-13 23:47:17, Mr Miyagi wrote:
Actually miss uk they actually gained an extra 6million customers due to the iphone increasing the market share they already were winnin and ahead on before the iphone was released.and about bluetooth etc everyone knew the iphone didn't have full support and mms etc but that still didn't stop people goin for the iphone cuz most people can live without it.remember wen apple introduced the imac it was the first computer without a floppy disk drive and the first wit usb support den everyone started complainin why apple got rid of the floppy drive.its cuz they knew its sumat people can do without.same wit mms etc der is always a clever reason why apple r doin it n guess wot?its still not stoppin people buy it in der millions.

I bet most of those people DON'T REALISE that its missing all those features until they get it.
I cant beleave you are trying to say most people can do without BT Transfer EVERYONE i know with a phone uses it, and im sure a lot of European iPhone users were shocked to discover after getting it. Apple do a good job at hidding this by hyping other things.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-09-14 00:59
6Million customers yet ive on seen 2 persons with a iPhone here in the west midlands have you mis-got it wrong?

I say it again No.1 ? there ment to supply all cost phones to there customers, minus banking errors on there end.

people used to slag Vodafone off sumat cronic,
looks like the table is turning..

since 02 have been taken over by Telefonica they have gone terrible, if they were to go bankrupt at any time good ridance to them.

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-09-14 01:39
I dont think 6 million have been sold in the UK. I think that despite its initial success if things dont change in future iphones it could damage O2 if they keep relying on it. Thats my my perception anyway. Its not that good. End of. Lately Vodafones range is better.
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2008-09-14 01:59
There's another point though : Mobile TV aka DVB-H.
I'm not from the UK, but does any of the UK networks support this ? If not, what's the use then of buying a phone, which most important "novelty" is this Mobile TV ?
Let's face it, without Mobile TV, the N96 is only a N95 with more memory and a different design, when you're a happy N95-user, why on earth would you pay more money for a feature you can't even use ?
So O2 might have a point there, in the eyes of many people this phone will be some kind of a "niche"-model. Nokia must also know this, why else would they announce the N85 before the N96 even starts selling, thus giving people an alternative, as alot of people now also prefer the candybar N82 over the N95.

And yes, I know what I'm talking about, the N96 is out in the Netherlands, offically on Monday 15th., but people who pre-ordered it, could pick up theirs yesterday and to-day. For the first month it's sold exclusively by only one network : KPN and they support DVB-H, so the happy new owners can enjoy every feature of their new toy .

edited: typo _________________
V600i, K600i, K700i, K750i, K800i, K810i, K850i, P990i W800i, W810i, W850i, W900i and other brands : HTC, Motorola, Nokia, Sharp, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Alcatel and Sagem.

[ This Message was edited by: Marly on 2008-09-14 01:04 ]
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-09-14 09:32
GUCCI.011
please do not quote my whole post when replying to my answers. no need to do that. You say people don't realise before they buy a phone regarding missing features. So are you trying to tell me, most people would not read up about all the features of a phone without buying it? I think you will find that everyone would read about the features about a phone before buying it. However if thats how you buy phones without reading features then thats how you are and thats your own choice. But I am 100% sure most people would look at features before buying anything, weather its cars, computers, tv's etc etc.

Apple never hided anything before releasing this phone. I don't know where you have been but did you not read up about the apple iphone on the apple website etc before it came out?

Miss UK don't make me laugh? 2 people is all you have seen with the iphone, thats all you have seen, so i take it der were no people lining up to see or get the iphone at the stores when it first came out? were you at all the cpw and o2 stores and apple stores to monitor who got the iphone when it first came out? and remember you are talking about your own little area in the west midlands regarding the iphone most people won't brag about an iphone and hold it out for everyone to see, apart from when it was launched, as it showed on the tv at the time. So yeah thats 2 people you have seen, but remember der is a world outside westmidlands when it comes to the iphone etc, n trust me, you go into each o2 store and apple and o2 store and see how many they sold i am sure u will find out its more than 2 people.

Bonovox trust me they did gain at least 6 millions extra customers with the iphone and i know this for a fact, from stats i have seen from people who work at o2.

and finally Marly, as far as i am concerned No UK network supports DVB-H
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-09-14 12:51

On 2008-09-14 00:59:02, Miss UK wrote:
6Million customers yet ive on seen 2 persons with a iPhone here in the west midlands have you mis-got it wrong?

Thats a good point, as I only know of 1 person with an iPhone!
waibun_lee
RIM BlackBerry Bold 9900
PM
Posted: 2008-09-14 14:10
I work in central manchester so i'm around the centre alot and i've only seen one iphone user. And I fully agree O2 did really put all thier eggs into one basket.
Crib my supply (Phone: BB 9700)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi