Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > G900 or N82?

Author G900 or N82?
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-08-20 05:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
If you're gonna get a smartphone everyone knows the N-series range is hard to beat. I personally like the original N95 but all the N82 owners are very satisfied so who can argue against that?

Styling matters to me and I think the N82 looks average, but better than the G900/G700 which I think looks very K610 (a style which can be traced back to the K750!) which was fine in 2006 but now is just naff. SE have moved on with some great styling but G900/G700 seems to be the last of the 'old' style and the lack of HSDPA confirms this to me. Some dedicated UIQ fans will buy it and that's fine but its too far behind the times and taking owners down a dead-end street just like the P990 did IMO. In two years time people will probably be posting saying "Why has SE deserted G900 owners?" Well look at the Symbian Foundation and the new WM based X1; if both of those take off, then I think the G900 is dead in the water.

If you want an internet browsing device or a laptop replacement then get an iPhone 3G, there's nothing better in this respect.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi