Esato

Forum > Network operators > Europe > O2's ridiculous Data charges!

Previous  12
Author O2's ridiculous Data charges!
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-07-09 14:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-07-09 14:16:04, masseur wrote:
I provided an O2 link earlier today where it does mention fair use policy for these bolt on's. it was also confirmed to me by 2 customer service people and a team leader when I made my brief move to O2 last month.

I agree that you can exceed these limits but how much and how often is completely up to O2 because it is they that have stated this policy. i.e. its not unlimited in the real meaning of these sense because the user will always have the possibility of being reprimanded for using too much which is the complete opposite meaning of "unlimited"

it should not be allowed to be called unlimited if it isn't and its restricted by a fair use policy, or indeed 3 separate fair use policies depending on whether you go for the £7.50, £20 or £30 plan. if they're not going to apply the fair use policy then fine, but they should then remove the asterix from the "unlimited*" and remove the wording for fair use policy... and then there would be no need for a £20 unlimited and a £30 unlimited as we'd all be on the £7.50 unlimited!

This link is the old one

As you no longer get 1mb on any online tarrifs and 512kb on any store tarriffs.

The link is for the old tarrifs

the new like is as follows

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/paymonthly/boltons

I know what customer care keep saying, Ask to move onto the new o2 unlimited, and then the limit vanishes.

** one question for ever one who has any one that has gone over the 200mb ever received extra charges or a sms or a phone call from o2 ?? **

To my knowledge and i know loads of my firends have the bolt on have never received the phone call or a sms or ever been charged..

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2008-07-09 13:24 ]
imazz
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2008-07-09 14:21
@masseur
I have been caught out by O2 leaving old web pages in place before. I wonder if you can find a link to that page on the current o2 website.

In my case it was the talk anytime PAYG product - web page exists - product no longer exists
http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilesta[....]ffs/paygo/o2onlinepaygotariffs

number1
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-07-09 14:22
It is limted it says the same thing on the 02 website as it does in my small print book, which basically states use 200mb a month and were warn you and then charge you extra.
02 won't remove the word unlimted because then it will be
7.50 for 200mb a month internet usage which doesn't sound very appealing.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2008-07-09 14:33
lol, so which is worse? o2 web pages being out of date or o2 customer service (several people) not having a clue what their own t&c are!

honestly, most phone companies have their faults but o2 in my experience seems to be the worst of the bunch
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-07-09 14:41
I have been with O2 pay and go for a year now and i use the unlimited data bolt on every month. Now i was told it is unlimited but still subject to excessive usage. It was 200mb but is not any longer. I once called O2 up as i was curious about how much i was using. It was not even past half way in the month and i had already gone over 200mb. So what does that tell you its not capped at 200mb. Though i dont use it excessively i do use it everyday to browse download a few things and read email. Its Orange who are rubbish theirs is capped.
adcamb
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-07-09 18:51
I "bought" the £7.50 bolt-on and it's certainly good enough. My only problem was that they forgot to apply it for a few months and I built up some stupid credit. On the upside, i haven't paid a bill for 8 months as a result. I have no idea why they don't have an equivilent bolt-on to t-mobile's £12.50 data package, but that's their problem, not mine.

I now have the cheapest simplicity tarrif that gives you a free bolt-on and my bills are now very reasonable.

Anyone bought their wifi bolt on and had any luck using it. I thought the cloud coverage was pretty poor.
upper
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-07-09 19:07
I think 02's t&c have changed because i have'nt seen anythink regarding 200mb and plus last month i went over 200mb and 02 didn't say anythink.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-07-09 21:12
I think if you were ever to use it excessively its more likely if you try using your phone as a modem which is risky.
Daedalus85
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-07-09 23:02
If you try and use it as a modem AT ALL, then it invalidates said bolt-on.

The £30 a month Web Max is for using your phone as a modem, but then you may as well get the mobile broadband stick for £20 a month.
My opinions on this forum are that of my own and not of the company I work for.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-07-10 00:58

On 2008-07-09 14:20:55, darrengf wrote:

On 2008-07-09 14:16:04, masseur wrote:
I provided an O2 link earlier today where it does mention fair use policy for these bolt on's. it was also confirmed to me by 2 customer service people and a team leader when I made my brief move to O2 last month.

I agree that you can exceed these limits but how much and how often is completely up to O2 because it is they that have stated this policy. i.e. its not unlimited in the real meaning of these sense because the user will always have the possibility of being reprimanded for using too much which is the complete opposite meaning of "unlimited"

it should not be allowed to be called unlimited if it isn't and its restricted by a fair use policy, or indeed 3 separate fair use policies depending on whether you go for the £7.50, £20 or £30 plan. if they're not going to apply the fair use policy then fine, but they should then remove the asterix from the "unlimited*" and remove the wording for fair use policy... and then there would be no need for a £20 unlimited and a £30 unlimited as we'd all be on the £7.50 unlimited!

This link is the old one

As you no longer get 1mb on any online tarrifs and 512kb on any store tarriffs.

The link is for the old tarrifs

the new like is as follows

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/paymonthly/boltons

I know what customer care keep saying, Ask to move onto the new o2 unlimited, and then the limit vanishes.

** one question for ever one who has any one that has gone over the 200mb ever received extra charges or a sms or a phone call from o2 ?? **

To my knowledge and i know loads of my firends have the bolt on have never received the phone call or a sms or ever been charged..

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2008-07-09 13:24 ]

When did the axe come into play for the free 1MB every month to existing postpay users?

so it is actually still 200MB for £7.50 and yet they use the term Unlimited but this isn't the case, all tis is quite confusing lol

I know al the networks use the term unlimited but you know somethiong just watch your curb

I haven't a clue how much data im using with vodafone,
as they don't like to show me my account anymore on the data live page!

I know I don't go over 500MB but still just goes to show you can never be safe mindyou Vodafone let you pay in installments if your bils above £50 which is a shock but good thing
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi