Esato

Forum > Network operators > North America > Rogers Wireless becomes first in North America to use Yahoo's oneSearch

Author Rogers Wireless becomes first in North America to use Yahoo's oneSearch
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2008-05-14 15:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yahoo’s oneSearch is one of the few search engines that manages to take away the massive suck factor from the process. Rather than just dumping a list of results on you, it uses your queries (and, if suitable, your location) to figure out what you’re looking for and provide answers directly. For example: Entering a recently released movie title will precede the results with local showtimes, while “NBA” will lead with scores for any active NBA games.

Canada’s largest carrier, Rogers Wireless, is the first in North America to recognize this. In addition to Yahoo’s mobile site and the Yahoo! Go application, all Rogers/Fido customers can now use oneSearch straight off the default Rogers WAP portal.

S O U R C E

[ This Message was edited by: tranced on 2008-05-14 14:31 ]
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-14 16:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yup this continues Rogers Communications partnership with Yahoo, extending it from their Cable Internet service for searching. Also their mobile wap page has had Yahoo search for 2mths since the launch of the SE K850i on these shores.

|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi