Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Petition for SE to use CCD in their top C-series phones

Author Petition for SE to use CCD in their top C-series phones
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 22:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@Prom1

Sorry bro but I do not agree with your points... And what is this "lackluster petition without research"??? Do you think we all here are mad or stupid??? Rather it seems you haven't done enough research, or even seen pics from i-mobile 902...

Answers for just a few of your points:

On 2008-04-26 21:57:06, Prom1 wrote:
* CCD does NOT gaurantee a better image in camera phones under 10MP.

In camera phones, it sure does... We all agree here...

* CCD adds more weight and SIZE to the thickness of a phone

Ofcourse, K850, G800, N82, etc. are just so slim??? WOW??? Right???
Come on dude, CCD is not that heavy or big or thick as you think...

Both SE S700 and W900 are 24mm thick and guess what??? S700 has a CCD lens and W900 doesn't... Also, S700 weights 137 g and W900 weights 148 g... So W900 is as thick as S700 and more heavier but still doesn't have a CCD lens??? What's the reason???

Here are links for spec:
S700 - http://www.sonyericsson.com/c[....]ecifications/s700i?cc=in&lc=en

W900 - http://www.sonyericsson.com/c[....]ecifications/w900i?cc=in&lc=en

So your point that CCD is big, thick and heavy is not so right...

Also, CCD is not so costly either, i-mobile 902 aint't that costly... Isn't that proof enough??? How much of a cost would a CCD add???

I am more concerned about quality of pictures in a Cybershot branded phone than anything else... It's SE who's at loss and they are not only loosing their own image but also Sony's and Cybershot brand... And I am not saying it, this is what is actually happening and now even average people have realised this... The same is happening with even Walkman phones...

Are these points enough or do you need to be explained further???

[ This Message was edited by: hgautam on 2008-04-26 21:44 ]
Duran
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 23:12
I agree, but still it's not like the image quality is absolutely disastrous

[ This Message was edited by: Duran on 2008-04-26 22:13 ]
iksplusipsilon
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 23:19
@Duran That is just another way of saying it is mediocre ... :-)

This message was posted from a WAP device
A L 3 X
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 23:43
i'm sorry.....but why the f**k are we having a petition for what a company puts into their mobile phones? I know I sound like an eco-mentalist here but I think there are more important things in our lives to worry about and in the world such as people starving in Africa yet all you guys think about is what frigging sensor is put in a camera?

Meh..........
iksplusipsilon
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 23:53
ok,I agree ... so what is your suggestion we should do about it ?

A L 3 X
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 23:59
about what?

stop making shitty petitions about things that hardly matter except to geeks who will wank over this kind of thing
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2008-04-27 00:01

On 2008-04-26 23:53:29, theos wrote:

We should feed the people of Africa!!!

But seriously, CCD IS thicker and more power-consuming. That's a big no-no in the world of cell phones. I also doubt it'll improve the quality of the pics that much.
And besides, who are we to tell them how to build their cameraphones?

[ This Message was edited by: NightBlade on 2008-04-26 23:02 ]
iksplusipsilon
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-27 00:05
^ About those "more important" things you mentioned ... and there is no need for flaming ...

edit : sorry NightBlade, this was aimed at carkitter

[ This Message was edited by: theos on 2008-04-27 07:23 ]
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2008-04-27 00:09
I was just kidding.
A L 3 X
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-27 00:09
I was using africa as an example.....I dont really do much to help them but I was also saying do you not have more important things in your life than losing sleep over how the cameras in SE's new mobile phones(AFAIK this was an item designed for communicating with people...i'm unsure now though) will perform?

And yes I will flame because i think its pathetic
F-Lexx
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-27 00:13
we-re the ones interested in buying their products. the consumers. and the consumers are alwais right, it's the first 'law' of the economy
A L 3 X
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-27 00:18
and how often does that rule stay true?

You buy a phone or other product if it has the right specifications you want....you don't make a petition trying to force SE to make a phone you want -.-

Will anyone sign a petition to try and force airwaves to make the flavour in their chewing gum last longer?
iksplusipsilon
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-27 00:47
well, as this is site dedicated to mobile phones, I see no reason why we shouldn't discuss, petition or what ever we feel like it about one important feature of today mobile devices as we see fit. I tried to be polite previously, but only pathetic coment on this thread was the one you posted. I mean, we all know what are we talking about here ...cameras in SE phones. You,on the other hand, have gone trough troubles of writing your posts just to inform us that we are idiots for discussing something that interests us, while offering nothing constructive on the subject ... what does that makes you ? Who is the one without a life here ? + you did not invent a wheel by saying that this will will have no effect. Yes we all aware of that, but every attempt is whortwhile in my opinion and discussing it here is much more interesting than mumbling "sh...ty SE camera" in my beard while looking at the pictures I took with my SE on my PC and doing nothing ...

EddieAdams
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-27 01:43

On 2008-04-27 00:01:58, NightBlade wrote:

On 2008-04-26 23:53:29, theos wrote:

We should feed the people of Africa!!!

But seriously, CCD IS thicker and more power-consuming. That's a big no-no in the world of cell phones. I also doubt it'll improve the quality of the pics that much.
And besides, who are we to tell them how to build their cameraphones?

[ This Message was edited by: NightBlade on 2008-04-26 23:02 ]

Yeah, the current line of 5mp camera phones are SO slender CCD affecting battery life is minimal compared to the benefit. WE are the people that buy the product. Who better to tell them how to build their phones? If you need proof of how MUCH better CCD is than CMOS on the scale that is used in cell phones than look up I-mobile 902 photos. The difference is HUGE.
Hello, Exactly!-Eddie Adams a.k.a. Dirk Diggler a.k.a. Brock Landers. Boogie Nights.
EddieAdams
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-27 01:54

On 2008-04-26 23:43:49, A L 3 X wrote:
i'm sorry.....but why the f**k are we having a petition for what a company puts into their mobile phones? I know I sound like an eco-mentalist here but I think there are more important things in our lives to worry about and in the world such as people starving in Africa yet all you guys think about is what frigging sensor is put in a camera?

Meh..........

I'm sure you've made huge contributions to fight hunger and you lose sleep every night thinking about those kids on the info-mercials. This is a cell-phone forum dedicated primarily to SE. What are you doing with a cell phone? Do you know how many mouths you could feed?!?!? Add in your monthly bill and you're taking care of a whole village! You and Sally Struthers could solve the worlds hunger issue together.
Hello, Exactly!-Eddie Adams a.k.a. Dirk Diggler a.k.a. Brock Landers. Boogie Nights.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi