Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > How to get out of a 3 contract

Previous  12
Author How to get out of a 3 contract
cuffs73
W960
PM
Posted: 2008-04-15 11:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I had the 3G coverage issues with 3 and could only get a signal with 2G but after they decided to ditch O2 in favour of Orange, I couldn't get a sinal at all. It took me about 2 months of constant complaining to customer services but they did cancel my contract free of charge. It was worth it though as I couldn't have had to put up with it for another 10 months.

You should also think about debranding your handset to enable you to turn off 3G and select GSM, that's what I did.
jimnm
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-04-26 18:27
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with 3 I have had 3 for about 14 months and the service is first class. Good service and connecticity. I defected from Orange as I had loads of problems with them.

I was thinking of changing to Virgin as they do some really good deals.

A change is as good as a rest!

I hope you get sorted soon
newwave19
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-04-28 12:26
3 are ok as long as you have no problems.....they're customer service is crap......i've had loads of dealings with them through work, and if they say they'll call you back, it never happens.

as for the contract, no way out of it mate, you're stuck there.....

can't be bother looking back, but someone said about the 14 day change of mind....its no longer the case, you need to ask when buying the phone now, otherwise you could be stuck with it full stop. the only way you can be sure to be able to return it within a timescale is through the 7 day distance selling act, but it has be gotten either online or over the telephone
victorv
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-06-15 19:49
my mate is trying to get out of his contract to buy a 3G iPhone - the 3 rep in India mentioned you can request a change of owner form, you will need to find someone to buy your contract from you though - maybe if you throw in some ££.

I am considering doing the same with my 4 month N95 8gb, again to get the iPhone.

no idea if there is much of a market to pick up a contract though.

Dave.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi