Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Everybody has seen a new T68!

Previous  1234  Next
Author Everybody has seen a new T68!
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-14 19:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey ORKA

Thank you very much. I try to be as honest as possible,..and dont get to much "carried away". I would like too, that many of the things were true,..but I'll rather wait and see for myself,..or at least have some sort of proof.

As you say too,..I cant really see the point in going on and on with the same thing, when one doesnt know if stories are true or not.
I couldnt aggree more with You on this subject

When its a reliable source that tells the story,..then its a different thing,..then I would believe it.
But I find it specially hard to believe, when someone states something, and cant show some sort of info,..it could be anything for that matter.
Especially the stories like : I've heard from a friends friend.....

I usually "go" with the facts,..and tell/reply/post things I know about,...not things I've heard somewhere else. When I've "seen" something, I try to post it together with some info/link or picture.

I believe that You are pretty much the same kind of person as me, when it comes to this.
And I always enjoy reading your posts too
----------------
Its okay with me to have rumours and thoughts, and people hearing about things from sources and "non-sources".
We all hear/see "something" from different sources,..e.g. websites.

The funny thing is though, when people read an article,..they tend to read the part that interest them,..meaning a lot of times, they will miss something obvious.

E.g. the article about the T-68 and mms:
---------------------------------------------
"T-68i will turn existing handsets into the first mms-handsets"
---------------------------------------------
This text means that OUR handsets will get the mms,...nothing else.

It was misunderstood many times, as: "there will be a new T-68 called i".
People focused on the T68i, and didnt read the rest, hehe.
--------------------------------------------

I am considering making my website in english, adding new pictures.
When I'm going to update it, I will do this too.
I hope I'll have the time, to do this soon.

Thanks again, Orka

Jan

Dark
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-02-14 21:55
To follalapadoo
What you wrote sounds great and I believe you but how can it be that you can buy T68i with SonyEricsson logo in GSM shops. Is it possible that this phone was released by SonyEricsson inofficially?

To Orka
That T68i which I've seen is not mine (unfortunately) but you can buy it GSM shops which are not official SonyEricsson centers.I'll try to get some pictures for you.

I do not lie I saw this T68i one week after I bought my T68m I1m really upset about this and I hope that T68m will know all these new features by software upgrading !!!!!
Orka
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-15 19:13
Quote:

On 2002-02-14 21:55, Dark wrote:
To follalapadoo
What you wrote sounds great and I believe you but how can it be that you can buy T68i with SonyEricsson logo in GSM shops. Is it possible that this phone was released by SonyEricsson inofficially?

To Orka
That T68i which I've seen is not mine (unfortunately) but you can buy it GSM shops which are not official SonyEricsson centers.I'll try to get some pictures for you.

I do not lie I saw this T68i one week after I bought my T68m I1m really upset about this and I hope that T68m will know all these new features by software upgrading !!!!!

OK, I am not implaying that you lie! I am saying that I cannot understand you. Your country is probably the first and only which has unnoficial ericsson service centers and of course the "new" phone, as oy said. I am just curious to see it!

[ This Message was edited by: Orka on 2002-02-15 19:15 ]
Orka
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-15 19:21
Thanx a lot Jan. It seems finally that more or less we both share the same thoughts and thinking.
I don't ask you to put on your site more background images like the ones we can found around. Just put some, like these you already have! I mean, that you have the best images I've ever seen. Few, but with high quality and selected by someone with good taste!
Looking forward for the English version!

jucame
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-15 20:36
Thanks follalapadoo great article on this subject I believe you more than 100%, please Ericsson give us the new MMS software as soon as posible, canīt wait longer.
john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-15 22:38
So whats this about a new communicam camera so the few of us who bought the first model have obviously wasted our money!!!Any official releases on a web site yet??Will the present model be able to view on the T68 screen the photos taken??
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-15 23:16
ORKA >

Thanks
Well, I might not move the current pictures from the website,..but I do have some more pics, which I'll put up anyway, when I'm gonna "redo" the site

Jan
fatbastard
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-16 00:48
Believe it or not the T68i exists (It's not rumour, because I tried it for some hours:).

Why can you buy it in Hungary? It's not final, arrived in a white box labelled NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE or sg like that. So I think it's in beta stage. The phone itself is not a good looking one, light silver color, with metallic blue top, with no metal-like Yes/No buttons, and a white painted! sony-ericsson text. It's not so elegant like T68m, and the back of the phone is hard coated. It has 56 background images, and you can delete them (one of my friends tried a phone with just 12 backgrounds, so I think it's really a beta), it has 4 predefined styles like summer, autumn, ..., but you can download new ones instead. The games were not so many like Dark said, because the solitaire like games were in the main game menu, there was Naval, but no GAME etc, had MMS ofcourse, and all memory was counted together, there was ~540k of ram, which I could use for backgrounds, themes, etc. The switch on/off logo was the green sonyericsson one, not earth. Finally my conclusion was the software is really good (except for the long waitings with a Windows style hour-glass), but I didn't like the cheap young-looking hardware design. And one more thing for the beta thing: the sw version was r1a.

[ This Message was edited by: fatbastard on 2002-02-16 00:51 ]
Dark
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-02-16 12:15
To fatbastard

Yeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!Now they don't think any longer that T68i exists only in my mind!It looked the same as you wrote but there was no "this is not for commercial use" (or something like that) sign on the white box. I could not examine the phone (because i only saw it in a GSM shop, they did not give it to my hands) so that's why i was
wrong with the games. You can buy T68i in Hungary in GSM shops (they sell used phones too) which are not official service centers. Is it possible that they got the phone not in a very "official" way from somewhere, maybe from SonyEricsson???????????
I'll try to get some pictzures of T68i.
I'd like to know if my T68m will know all these new features (like T68i especially 540k of ram) by software upgrading or not?????????????????????Do you something about this?
fatbastard
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-16 14:01
And 3 more things for T68i; the earpiece's hole is not 3s verically as in T68m, it's like a single horizontal Oakley sign, and the buttons backlight is lightblue, more readable in dark as T68m's. The melody composer is graphical, too.
john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-16 14:33
How come only you guys got it in Hungary and we havent even seen a demo version not even a single photo on the web site???I believe there will be a T68i but how did you guys view it??
fatbastard
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-16 15:51
Who is producing the Ericsson phones, Flextronics? I don't know the exact name, but they have a plant here in Hungary
Maybe that's the solution, and these phones are stolen from the factory, or betas like I said before, I really don't know, but the fact is fact, it exists.
Orka
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-16 18:35
What can I say now? My topic was about stop spreading rumors and we did the best possible way we could! Even I did it... Anyway, its a little bit controversial that this phone exists only in Hungary. Maybe that country is choosen by as beta tester... I don't know what elese to say.

mikaalto
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-20 14:29
Only 12 days left.
Golden Boy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-20 17:09
show me the money