Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Everybody has seen a new T68!

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
1234  Next
Author Everybody has seen a new T68!
Orka
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-12 22:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am not trying to be offensive to anyone. I hope this is clear. However, many people are saying that in someway they have seen a "new T68". To be honest I believe that these are rumors. I am participating in this forum for more than 3 months and I can say that is among the best on the net. A lot of my questions found a good answer from people here in esato and I want to thank you for this. However, many time people are saying different things such as: new t68i, new t68m, new t68 with this or that color... and so on. I would like to ask you to be more accurate in things like the above described because the only thing we are doing by discussing these rumors it to spread them! Sometimes also we confuse people. Thank you for your understanding.

[ This Message was edited by: Orka on 2002-02-12 22:23 ]
john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-12 22:34
I agree with Orka to many people are posting bullshit and previous topics can those people read the previous posts before posting NEW topics???
mpakakos
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-02-12 22:48
...no guys... sorry but you are wrong, the T68i is true!
I can guarranty you that!

I work for a chain store here in Greece (in Germanos, you guys know that better!) and I asked the sales manager from Ericsson that came 10 days ago (very good friend of mine) and he told me that a new T68 version is going to come up on the selves in about 2 months from now.

It's name will be T68i!!!!
john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-12 22:52
No i know about the T68i release but the other issues about Metallic silver,blue T68,and a lot of i heard storys
mpakakos
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-02-12 22:57
Quote:

On 2002-02-12 22:52, john74 wrote:
No i know about the T68i release but the other issues about Metallic silver,blue T68,and a lot of i heard storys

Yes, I totally agree with you!
Orka
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-12 22:57
The problem is not the existance of T68i. Obviously you didn't catch the meaning of my post... Anyway, doens't matter.
Anyway, we'll see about t68i ...

[ This Message was edited by: Orka on 2002-02-12 23:00 ]
mpakakos
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-02-12 23:06
Orka! ...wait a minute!

Don't shot!

You probably didn't catch the meaning of my post too!
I didn't tell you that the guys in Germanos know anything about the T68!

They don't know anything!!!
I guarranty you that.

I'm searching and know some thing about the T68.

And I remind you that a Sales Manager from ericsson told me about the T68i, not the others in Germanos!

...And I don't like either the Germanos stores!

p.s. I work in Germanos monastiraki.
...if you want please come by anytime to know each other!
I will be glad to see you!
Von Space
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-02-12 23:10
you guys aren't very smart are you?...the t68i isn't 'new' as it could be defined...it is just a t68m with a new software version ....it will have the mms software edition with all the nice stuff ericsson could not put in it when they launched the phone,because many operators weren't ready for them.For example....i live in italy and here one of the major mobile phone operators is named Omnitel,which has recently been bought by Vodafone (the enormous british phone company) and vodafone has recently choosed ericsson for the first launch of the mms service here in italy...so...this means that when the new software release will be ready the ericsson service points will make us pay to make our t68m become a t68i (this is proved by the fact that here in italy the price of a t68m has already starded getting lower...because the shop owners know that a new model is coming up next...so...do not worry...our t68m won't be old,....because a simple software update will solve all problems.
Orka
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-12 23:14
You are too fast ... I didn't understand your message correctly, sorry for this. I read it once more and then I withdraw the "Germanos" story. Sorry for this. I didn't say though, that I don't like Germanos stores. I said they lack information.

Orka
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-12 23:17
Quote:

On 2002-02-12 23:10, Von Space wrote:
you guys aren't very smart are you?...the t68i isn't 'new' as it could be defined...it is just a t68m with a new software version ....it will have the mms software edition with all the nice stuff ericsson could not put in it when they launched the phone,because many operators weren't ready for them.For example....i live in italy and here one of the major mobile phone operators is named Omnitel,which has recently been bought by Vodafone (the enormous british phone company) and vodafone has recently choosed ericsson for the first launch of the mms service here in italy...so...this means that when the new software release will be ready the ericsson service points will make us pay to make our t68m become a t68i (this is proved by the fact that here in italy the price of a t68m has already starded getting lower...because the shop owners know that a new model is coming up next...so...do not worry...our t68m won't be old,....because a simple software update will solve all problems.

Ok. We have discussed all these things extensively in previous posts. The purpose of the post is not the existance of t68i, but the rumors spreading around...
mpakakos
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-02-12 23:20
Quote:

On 2002-02-12 23:14, Orka wrote:
You are too fast ... I didn't understand your message correctly, sorry for this. I read it once more and then I withdraw the "Germanos" story. Sorry for this. I didn't say though, that I don't like Germanos stores. I said they lack information.

...and I said that I agree with you about the luck of information in these stores!

...and sth else, my T68 was one of the first 50 pieces that came in Greece when it was firts released in 1st of November
...so I think that I knw some thing about that mobel as I was searching for it from July!

...but... thank God I don't want to be offencive with you,
ok?
...everything cool!!!

(den sta leo afta gia na se prosvalo orka, pros theou! Ok? Aplos dieykriniseis kano! lol )
mfo
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-12 23:26
I have not heard of any "new" T68 from my contacts in Ericsson, but there is a new version of the firmware available that implements MMS support and a few other things.

Whether they decide to rename the phone based on that I don't know, but it surely seems unlikely. The cost of new advertising materials, and assorted other required things would seem to cost more than it was worth.

Ericsson has never done this in the past with new Firmware, even when new functionality was introduced (such as the POP Email client on the R520).

-Michael
http://www.sonyericzone.com/

[ This Message was edited by: mfo on 2002-02-12 23:26 ]
mpakakos
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-02-12 23:29
has done that before mfo with T20e,
T20s --> T20e
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-12 23:41
A ORKA are saying,..its all more or less different rumours.
NO One can say these things for sure.
NO One can confirm anything.

its always : "I've heard from a friends friend inside .........."

I agree with you Orka. A lot of these sorts of posts should be in the rumours-section.

And yes, we've discussed the "letters" in the T-68 a million times,..why keep on doing it,..when no one can confirm anything anyway.

Jan

Von Space
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-02-12 23:50
ok...sorry for not being very clear before....here is more info: The Ericsson T68 will soon have another feature added to its already-formidable arsenal--Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS).

A Sony Ericsson Singapore official revealed to CNETAsia that the widely anticipated MMS software upgrade for the T68 will arrive in March. The upgraded version, called the T68i, could turn existing T68 handsets into the first MMS-capable phones in Singapore. The mobile already sports a color display, triple band technology, General Packet Radio Services (GPRS) and Bluetooth.

MMS, a standard evolved from SMS (Short Messaging Service) and EMS (Enhanced Messaging Service), allows formatted text, images, audio and video clips to be exchanged between compatible handsets.

When first announced, the T68 was intended to be MMS-capable but the feature was withdrawn prior to its late 2001 release. This was due in part to a lack of network support then, said the spokesperson.

This time, he believes M1, SingTel and StarHub will be ready soon for MMS roll-outs.

"We are currently working closely with the network operators in testing MMS and the applications," he said. "We expect the service to be ready by Q2 2002."

The upgrade will add several other enhancements, including some that leverage on the phone's 256-color LCD. For instance, there will be an image browser for viewing JPEG, GIF and WBMP files. Users can also attach the Ericsson CommuniCam camera accessory, which is currently available, and use the T68i's screen as a viewfinder.

Another significant improvement is the addition of User Memory. With this feature, various forms of user data, such as downloaded emails, background pictures and ringtones, will make use of the same memory space. Therefore, when a user has fewer downloaded emails, he can store more background pictures in the phone.

The upgrade will also allow much of the phone data, such as voice memo and user notes, to be sent to other devices via infrared, Bluetooth or MMS.

At press time, Sony Ericsson was unable to confirm the price of the upgrading, which will be available at the company's service centers and service points.

I love you guys..heeheh.....you're so funny..and this site and all the people in it are great....god save the queen..and may the queen save my t68m from being considerated 'old' by a t68i.... eheheh [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
1234  Next
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic