Previous  123  Next
Author Tried K850 today
joemax
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 01:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
mine was set to fine by default.

And its very heavy on compression. Not tried Normal as I can imagine its even worse.
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 01:23
cant understand why some of guys are complaining ??????

k850 take often awesome pictures FOR BE A CELL PHONE......

think k850 is a very good phone...big awesome screen, good battery life, awesome allround camera, the best flash i ever use, turbo 3G, very good video recording, very good mediaplayer with very good sound, very good speaker sound and beatiful design........what more can i ask for ????

ps....why get i and many more people very good pictures with k850 ???? (i have never understand that.....maybe, just maybe, its depends of the person behind the camera).

[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2007-11-16 00:27 ]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 01:27
@planks - Usually that the BIIIIG problem with INITIAL-release- -phone-buyers . . . some bought models that has FULL of BUGS. That's why common-sense-dictates to BUY fones about 2-3 months after their initial release . . . so customers will fully be satisfied . . . [addsig]
EddieAdams
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 01:44
"Auto settings were used on both phones. I believe that I could get a better picture on the K850 if I had configured WB, cleaned the camera glass, had a more steady hand, etc. "

Can't imagine why the k850i took a bad pic?!?! You have Michael J. Fox taking a picture with a smudged lens.
joemax
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 02:07
ps....why get i and many more people very good pictures with k850 ???? (i have never understand that.....maybe, just maybe, its depends of the person behind the camera).

Because you reduce image size, sharpen and bin all the majority that are crap. The colours are washed out, JPEG mush is very bad, AUTO produces random pics, metering turns on flash and turns day pics into night shots, focusing is pretty poor.

FFS - yes its a phone cam, no its not a DSLR - but you would expect a Cybershot branded phone to be at least consistent in its quality and behaviour.

My K800 produced very good shots in good light. All on Auto setting.

I know how to set up a camera. And the options in the K850 do not behave like you expect.

What I dont expect is to have to fart around with the pics to get the colour into the image and sharpen them. Then have to reduce it to increase the quality.

I can see you sitting there taking shot after shot and then only posting the very best - and even they show KPEG mush and artefacts.
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 02:09
@jojo......think you both right and wrong.....sure, some phones seems to have this bugg with the flash, (who makes the pics dark...thats confirmed by support)...BUT its not many people who have some strange bugg who makes the "ordinary" photographing worse !!!!

ive seen pictures here on Esato who looks bad, and the answer is (often) "k850 have a crappy" camera....thats bollocks...its nothing wrong with the camera
like i said before...how can I and many more people get awesome pictures ????? (its not about some buggs, its about other things)

[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2007-11-16 01:13 ]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 02:31
@planks - I'm NOT mentioning about the BUGS in the CAMERA mate . . . but INSTEAD, the ENTIRE-fone-operation

If these members just KNOWS how to configure the PROPER-settings in the camera-selection then I think they can CAPTURE IDEAL photos just like you DO ! [addsig]
bertubnis
W890 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 03:41
n82 photo is superior compared to k850. is it anything to do with horizontal and vertical resolution? k850 has 72 dpi and n82 has 300 dpi.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 03:59
@bert - I guess we'll just have to WAIT for a member here to get hold on a Nokia N82 fone and make a PHOTO comparison matey ! [addsig]
el_rycko
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 04:06
Don't know if i'm alone but...

I always found myself skiping *JoJo* posts because of the useless and annoying CAPS.

Don't tell this to look rude or anything... i just skip you and that's it. Would never know if you have something useful to say
kristianm
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-16 07:18

On 2007-11-16 01:23:25, plankgatan wrote:

think k850 is a very good phone...big awesome screen, good battery life, awesome allround camera, the best flash i ever use, turbo 3G, very good video recording, very good mediaplayer with very good sound, very good speaker sound and beatiful design........what more can i ask for ????

plankgatan

1. Do you always get 'awesome' pictures with K850i? Of all pictures you took with K850i, how much % of them came out perfectly?

2. How many tries/attempts on average does it take you to take a shot of a scene/subject before getting the acceptable/accurate/'perfect' shot? How many manual tweaks does one have to do?
gunsnroses
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 07:44

On 2007-11-16 01:23:25, plankgatan wrote:

I swear you're in denial about the cam, If a phone had a CCD lens there wud be alot less noise, and the lens in the k850 is crap for somethng marketed as a high-end phone made for taking pictures.

You keep blaming it on the user, Alot of the ppl that are disappointed hav upgraded from k750i,w810, k800 ect and they didnt have such problems with those phones, maybe because people dont take thousands of pics and then resize them and add sharpness and only upload the few best, it doesnt mean they dont know how to 'use' a camera to take 'awesome' pics

[ This Message was edited by: gunsnroses on 2007-11-16 06:46 ]
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 09:03

On 2007-11-15 23:56:04, NightBlade wrote:

On 2007-11-15 23:32:57, Dogmann wrote:
@plankgatan

OK then you say this in every thread just what is your explanation for so many bad pictures and so many dissatisfied users then? Especially as so many of them are already K series owners and SE fans.

Or are you going to suggest really they are all just Nokia fans out to discredit SE? In fact in the K850Firmware thread there is even Jonathan Morris who works for a Mobile Magazine that reviews devices for his living and he definitely knows how to use a K series phone. To put it simply everyone else can't possibly all be wrong and only you are right, can they?

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-15 22:33 ]

What's your problem!? Why do you always have to start arguing? He just said that usually K850 takes far better pics. And I can confirm that. I've seen many fantastic pics taken with a K850.
It's all about the settings...

I disagree. He was arguing against Plankgaton's ludicrus comments. Some times he is such a fanboy in favour of SE and tries to make out they have no flaws and nokia is bad.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 09:59
@NightBlade

Exactly as KingBooker5 has pointed out i was only asking some questions, so actually what is your problem exactly? or are you just another SE fan that can't bare any criticism of SE even if it is the truth?

If you read all the post's above it seems i am not alone with these questions either. But of course no answers from plankgatan no surprise there then, and i have asked these questions also with no answer

" Do you always get 'awesome' pictures with K850i? Of all pictures you took with K850i, how much % of them came out perfectly?

How many tries/attempts on average does it take you to take a shot of a scene/subject before getting the acceptable/accurate/'perfect' shot? How many manual tweaks does one have to do?"

plankgatan just keeps on coming back with these type of answers

"cant understand why some of guys are complaining ??????

ps....why get i and many more people very good pictures with k850 ???? (i have never understand that.....maybe, just maybe, its depends of the person behind the camera)."

Big awesome screen that really is the first time i have heard of a screen that size being described as BIG!! and again he makes claims like this

"ive seen pictures here on Esato who looks bad, and the answer is (often) "k850 have a crappy" camera....thats bollocks...its nothing wrong with the camera
like i said before...how can I and many more people get awesome pictures ????? (its not about some buggs, its about other things) "

Which strangely enough bears no resemblance to all the post's on just this forum from unhappy users, also if there is no problem why are SE releasing new firmware on the phone and accepting so many returns then? for people to get the new firmware and still no release on SEUS for those that can't return and exchange their unit.

As if there is no problem how can that be happening? as well as SE admitting they are getting more support calls on the K850 then any other device currently, why is that if as he claims there is nothing wrong?
Some one is isn't right and i think it must be plankgatan what a surprise.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-16 09:02 ]
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-16 12:39
i like the big screen. thas all. the menu keys look really cheap imo, that fone is so nice in black, but that silver keys dont really fit it. i would have made them metallic, instead of that plastic. at least the meatl sheet, what t68m had once.

Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi