Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sorry guys, SE blew it!

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 1415 161718  Next
Author Sorry guys, SE blew it!
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-02 00:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@plankgatan & Nightblade

If all that you say is true how come the K850 firmware thread is now over 80 pages long? how come there are so many threads full of complaints about SE bad build quality and buggy firmware.

Lastly if SE are just do brilliant why are they still languishing at 4th and more than likely going to repeat last quarters poor results then?

Even long time SE users are fed up with what SE are delivering or do you really believe every single one of these complaints just come from jealous Nokia users as if so you really are in need of some serious help. We aren't all complaining because we hate SE most of us are complaining because we like SE and they are seriously failing to deliver what we want expect and pay for.

Just look around this SE based forum at just how many are now angry and disappointed and now choosing devcies from other manufacturers none of which is good for SE. SE needs to change and change fast otherwise there market share and profits will continue to slide backwards erasing all the recent gains they have made.

You really need to stop living i this fantasy land where SE are just the best and face the reality as doing otherwise really does SE no favours at all.

It's now 2008 and SE has had a new CEO for 2 months now lets hope things change for the better and SE delivers and has a good 2008.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-01-01 23:45 ]
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-02 00:42
@bart amen! do agree with u. according the proto, guess u ment "quartz"
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-02 00:49
not just that one, also the RX1. it wasn't only used in a promo clip for ///'s platforms
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-02 00:54
well, /// is responsible for the hw, se for the fw as we all know. the hw of se fones are pretty good, cos the chance, that a wrong flashed fone for exmaple will work again are much better then with a nokia. and next to it, nokia sells far more fones then se, so of course the chance. that a hw / fw bug pops up is more, then with less fones at sale. se could have been sg different, sg more, like /// ones, but se pissed it off... sorry, thats the way i see it
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
SIGHUP
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-02 02:24
I just want a K750 with wifi and US 3g then its the perfect phone!

I used to think the W580i was okay, but going to it after using the N95-2 was just painstakingly slow. But those are apples and oranges so to speak.

For now SE has lost my business, we will see what 2008 brings.
Bhavv
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2008-01-02 04:07
The build quality and firmware on my k850 are perfect, there isnt a single problem with it all.

If the k850 isnt innovative or feature rich enough for you, go ahead and buy an N95. When the k850 was released, the only phone available in the same price range that was better then it was the N95. The choice was always yours, if you wanted the best get an N95. If you wanted a lower priced and smaller handset which was the second best phone available at the time of release, get the k850i. Theres not much point whining that the k850i is not as good as the N95, buy whichever one suits your needs.

Oh, and dont bother comparing the k850i to phones that were or are still to be released after the k850i, of course they are going to be better. Thats like saying the G800 and N82 will be crap because a few months later SE will also release a better phone.
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-02 04:11
G800 waste of money, as is the N95.
i do not call the N95 a super phone. its a normal who packed with alot of features, but its a nokia, and that means you get what you pay for.
low battery life, bugs/viruses, useless gps, UI not that userfriendly, no touchscreen.

In my eyes GPS on a phone should have touchscreen, many think the N95 is the first phone with gps build in, wrong, more then 5 years ago their was a Benfone cellphone who had GPS build in. that concludes today's history lesson for all you noobs.
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
Erotomaniac
K770 Bronze
PM
Posted: 2008-01-02 04:15
I can't go over the whole thread so my opinion about may have already been voiced.

What I would like to point out on this thread is all the people who keep saying they're leaving SE because it failed them in 2007.

I just hope you are not as narrow-minded as you sound. You claim your loyalty was not rewarded by SE so you jump ship. How is that described as loyalty?

On another note, why should you even have brand loyalty for cell phones? It’s a consumer product. You all talk like you're fiefs and SE is your "Lord" or something and you’re now swearing allegiance to a new lord. You over-romanticize your roles as consumers. As a consumer, your "loyalties" should lie on the product that gives you what you want not on the manufacturer.

Sure SE failed to deliver the goods this time, so buy from Nokia or Samsung or Motorola. But don’t close your doors to SE. That’s just not smart consumerism.

Sure SE failed to wow a lot of its customers lately, but that does not necessarily mean SE is closing down shop and won't be able to make competitive phones anymore. Well that’s a possibility but don’t bet the farm on it.

There are a lot of similar scenarios in the tech world where one company failed its customers but they learned from their mistakes and rebounded.

Case in point, Nintendo. Look up their history and see the ups and downs of their life as a console manufacturer. Most people thought that the natural evolution of gaming would be better graphics and more powerful consoles. Nintendo would have gone the way of Sega if this was the case but if the console wars story ended in 2007, we all know it would end with “and Nintendo lived happily ever after”.

[ This Message was edited by: Erotomaniac on 2008-01-02 03:16 ]
islandprd
K750
PM
Posted: 2008-01-02 05:14
Amen to that bro
borisisinvin
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-01-02 08:02
Doesn't anyone on Esato proof read their post before posting them (I do, sometimes three to four times before publishing)?....

Sometimes, I feel like a 2nd grade English teacher grading papers when attempting to decipher post like some of the ones found in this particular thread. I understand and appreciate that english may not be the primary language of most Esato members. However, if I personally was going to post on a site that primarily used another language other than english and wasn't 100 % fluent in the language du jour, then I'd be sure to use a web browser (like Firefox or Safari in this case) that checks for spelling errors as you type.... I would also try rereading my post aloud to myself after typing it to make sure it made sense. Did I miss a word somewhere that changes the meaning of the intended article of speech from what I originally intended it to mean? What about my tenses, are they correct? Are they correct for the region of this particular language that this is primarily read in? Do I need to invest in a thesaurus?...

Here's a prime example by Bart:

"G800 waste of money, as is the N95.
i do not call the N95 a super phone. its a normal who packed with alot of features, but its a nokia, and that means you get what you pay for.
low battery life, bugs/viruses, useless gps, UI not that userfriendly, no touchscreen.

In my eyes GPS on a phone should have touchscreen, many think the N95 is the first phone with gps build in, wrong, more then 5 years ago their was a Benfone cellphone who had GPS build in. that concludes today's history lesson for all you noobs."

It's just all wrong and a chore to read... I shouldn't have to think this hard to understand a post when just attempting to read it to begin with, especially when the content is all wrong! So five years huh? Have they all been spent trolling threads like this one with "history lessons"? Well, that concludes today's english lesson I guess.

-noob out
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2008-01-02 10:16

On 2008-01-02 04:07:35, Bhavv wrote:
The build quality and firmware on my k850 are perfect, there isnt a single problem with it all.

If the k850 isnt innovative or feature rich enough for you, go ahead and buy an N95. When the k850 was released, the only phone available in the same price range that was better then it was the N95. The choice was always yours, if you wanted the best get an N95. If you wanted a lower priced and smaller handset which was the second best phone available at the time of release, get the k850i. Theres not much point whining that the k850i is not as good as the N95, buy whichever one suits your needs.

Oh, and dont bother comparing the k850i to phones that were or are still to be released after the k850i, of course they are going to be better. Thats like saying the G800 and N82 will be crap because a few months later SE will also release a better phone.

thats what i mean....many k850 owners have good and solid phones.

so ones again...blew what ?????????????????
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-02 10:21

On 2008-01-02 10:16:23, plankgatan wrote:

On 2008-01-02 04:07:35, Bhavv wrote:

thats what i mean....many k850 owners have good and solid phones.

so ones again...blew what ?????????????????

Many Nokia users have solid N95s. So nokia blew what?
fumi_moon
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-01-02 10:58
Hi!

So I was browsing a mobile site and found this:

http://www.mobil.se/ArticlePa[....]/20080102102950_MOB031.dbp.asp

Now, this is no "absolute truth" just me wanting to show something, take it as you wish, anyway, no need for me to go over the whole thing, but it is a small top-10 list over most sold mobiles in december 07, from the operator "3"
And that the N95-8gb is on the highest place of all the mobiles, first place is an hsdpa-modem, is a point to take into consideration, and this is "3" in Sweden, a country usually known for having a very large SE-fanbase.

I have a feeling that SE is underestimating the super-high-end market, and this is a small proof that these mobiles do sell.

Sorry if this is OT
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-01-02 11:55

On 2008-01-02 04:15:55, Erotomaniac wrote:
What I would like to point out on this thread is all the people who keep saying they're leaving SE because it failed them in 2007.

I just hope you are not as narrow-minded as you sound. You claim your loyalty was not rewarded by SE so you jump ship. How is that described as loyalty?

I'm one of the people you're moaning about - someone who was traditionally "loyal" to SE before dumping them in 07. I think it's you that are misunderstanding and over-romanticising this loyalty - in my case it simply means that, historically, I like SE's designs and tended to look at their models first when choosing a new phone. I also took an interest in where they were going - for instance, when I had a P910 and was happy with that, I was initially very interested in the early rumours about the P990, and there was a time - months before it was eventually released - when I was certain it would be my next phone. For various reasons that never happened and I ended up with an M600i instead, and I'm glad I did - but the point was when I decided the P990 wasn't for me, I remained "loyal" to UIQ and SE and went for a similar model, expecting it to be a great phone. It was ok, but not great - and that's where my "loyalty" began to fade.

On another note, why should you even have brand loyalty for cell phones? It’s a consumer product.

It's actually very easy to build up a loyalty in cell phones - you use them everyday, they're very personal items, and every phone manufacturer tends to have those little consistent design hints that make one model follow on from another, consistent menu and software features, accessories etc. In my case, I adopted UIQ as the OS I wanted for my phone in the P800 and P910, and a UIQ3 phone like the M600i seemed the natural next step. It was only after UIQ3 dissapointed that I considered looking elsewhere.

Even in non-smartphones, people used to the way SE's standard phones do things (like text, navigate, take pictures etc) are going to have a natural preference for the next in the same line. It's obvious that if you loved your K800, you're probably going to want to love the K850 as well - it's only after it dissapoints you that the "loyalty" spell is broken. I'm not sure why that's so hard for you to understand.

As a consumer, your "loyalties" should lie on the product that gives you what you want not on the manufacturer.

But the two aren't always exclusive. If what you want is the software, style, or certain way of doing things in use by just one manufacturer, then you'll naturally favour that manufacturer - until they let you down.

Sure SE failed to deliver the goods this time, so buy from Nokia or Samsung or Motorola. But don’t close your doors to SE. That’s just not smart consumerism.

Nobody's saying we'll never buy from SE again. But SE's failure to innovate, combined with their dissapointing quality control and product support, has meant that this time around, I've switched from SE's smartphone line based UIQ, to an HTC device based on Windows Mobile. It's been quite a big move for me after four years of UIQ, but I've adapted to WM now and there's a lot I like about it. It's been a good experience so far - better than the M600i I had before - so when I upgrade again in another year, sure I might be interested in whatever SE have on the table, if they have anything to compete, but I'm also going to be thinking about Windows Mobile, and HTC, and I might even be looking at them first - unless SE really wow me. SE have lost the "first look" advantage they once had over me, and many others.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-02 12:12
@Bart

You keep on repeating this opinion of yours that to use Sat Nav it requires a touchscreen and every time i ask you to explain just why this is so you go silent, not once have you explained why or given a valid reason. So go on brake the habit and enlighten us all as to why in the world you need a touchscreen for Sat Nav? As for the last 18 months i have been using Sat Nav without a touch screen with no difficulty or lack of functionality at all. I enter the address or postcode and it navigates what possible use is a touchscreen for this?

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-01-02 11:12 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 1415 161718  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic