Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sorry guys, SE blew it!

Previous  123 ... 131415 161718  Next
Author Sorry guys, SE blew it!
iksplusipsilon
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-12-31 01:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Although I seem to belong to minority which was using SONY phones before SE, I tend to agree that SE behaviour is very similar to that big-coporate-autistic behaviour that SONY is demostrating in the last few years.
On the other hand,as a user of Sony Z1, Z5 and Z7 before moving on to the P series, I can not agree that they vere bad at all, they were more fun,easier to use and MUCH better looking than any ERICSSON device at that time ( I had ERI. too )....not trying to start a flame war here,as i know that many of our personal prefernces to certain brands are due to the first device we used (Z1 here) and were satisfied with ... I just think that things like "Sony phones were crap...." are far away from thruth !

[ This Message was edited by: theos on 2007-12-31 00:30 ]
bearcub24
W890 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-12-31 11:10
Must admit I'm surprised at the statement of the Ericsson/Sony Ericsson T68/68i not creaking I can never remember having one that didn't creak. I know at the time there was not another phone to touch it and it is truly a classic handset (especially the rubber backedT68) still got mine in a draw somewhere. But there was constant movement between battery and phone body which I always felt let the quality of the phone down, I used to have to pack it stop the movement.
SIGHUP
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-01 08:15
Well this is my 2nd week of using the much talked about n95-2 8gb and i have to say its doing very good. Sure i have to charge it every other night with heavy usage but its just a nice shone with a huge screen.

I can only wonder what SE will release next year.
Waspinator
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-01 08:43
Me too developed the feeling of Dumping SE .I would still buy K850 if they fix all the bugs.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2008-01-01 10:16
After getting my N81 i doubt il be moving back to SE, this is my 2nd Nseries phone and it just keeps getting better.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Deeko1
W960
PM
Posted: 2008-01-01 10:48
I'm another thinking of dumping SE - I've had a T610, K750 and I'm currently using my W810. I got a K850i but returned it within the 14 day cancellation period. I was disappointed with the phone, it's build and it's software.

Next phone for me will either be the W960i or an N82. I've not seen either yet but I'm leaning towards the N Series due to the problems I had with the K850i!

If only they'd would release an updated w810 - a better screen and a 3.2MP camera would do it for me!

SE really need to sort themselves out.

Cheers,

Derek.
bearcub24
W890 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-01-01 22:29
I was begining to lose my faith in SE products after having to return quite a few K850i's with various build quality issues, but I've had no complaints with the W880i that I've been using, no creaks, no ill fitting components and no bugs in the firmware. Seem to hear a few bad reports about this handset but I'm impressed, once I got used to the itsy numeric keypad.
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-01 22:59
K850i is a bad phone, the keypath layout, UI, cam, to much sony branding and style.
SE is needs to bring back some of the old things, like good design, less sony, more high end phones, more difirent form styles, innovation, and build some of your phones in europe!
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2008-01-01 23:10

On 2008-01-01 22:59:02, bart wrote:
K850i is a bad phone, the keypath layout, UI, cam, to much sony branding and style.

1.No it isn't. That's just your opinion.
2. Again, your opinion. Personally, I like the keypad.
3. UI? Bad? Hehe, right. If you don't like it, go and play with your 2005-esque Nokia UI (as in not too good looking and straightforward).
4. May not be the best cam (with current firmware) but it's a superb one, nevertheless.
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2008-01-01 23:16
blew what for the love of god !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he he he..this thread should be banned & closed long time ago

if Nokia/Samsung/Motorola could make phones with the same pure style/design & awesome platforms like sonyericsson, sonyericsson shouldnt have a god damn chance in the world...

(t610, t630, k700, k750, k800, k810)

[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2008-01-01 22:22 ]
bearcub24
W890 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-01-01 23:20
Have to agree with you on that, the phones we used to get through work nokia 6230i's where built in various places (mostly Hungary) but the ones made in Finland always used to have fewer issues. The Nokia E50 I've been using as my work phone for the last year has been completely faultless even though its been knocked about a bit (made in Finland like most of the E series). Maybe SE would experience better quality if it built some of its flagship handsets in Europe. Lots of Global manufacturers are having serious problems with quality control with products especially goods made in China.
Coquito
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-01 23:22
bart,
in my opinion, if you dont like a phone, don buy it.
you dont have to write everywhere is a bad phone, when others have a different opinion
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2008-01-01 23:26
N95 is made in Finland what i know...but take a look at the first N95 ???? it was horrible.

it had major hardware & software issues, (slide, chassi, UI, mediaplayer, etc, etc)

just because a phone is made in Norden, it dosent mean it better then a phone made in china..................

sonyericsson is well-known around the world to make solid phones, (yes they are)...and they make their phones (like 99% of all brands) in Asia..
(t610, t630, k700, k750, k800, k810)

[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2008-01-01 22:29 ]
Classicguy
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-02 00:17
*** CREAKY BACK SOLUTION ***

My initial impression of the phone was not great after owning the superb k800i (still have that too) but when I asked myself what I really didnt like about it, it was the creaky back when typing out text messages. In fact the build quality that I disliked about the phone actually boiled down to just that. I dont have the screen or dust issue so I set out to fix the creaky back rather than return it and hope for the best with the next one.

Solution 1
Opened the battery compartment and slipped a small piece of card in the tiny space between the phone back and the sim/card holders. This kind of worked but pushed out the back of the phone further than it was meant to be.

Solution 2
As I wasnt happy with the first I set out to correct the problem once and for all so i took the card back out. Next I got super glue with a brush applicator rather than the nozzle type. Now, if you open the battery compartment and look at when the phone back sits against the chassis of the phone on the left and right of the open battery compartment you will see two little bits of plastic that the back is meant to sit against. On most k850's with the creaking problem you will see that there is play resulting in movement of the back when texting etc. To resolve simply push a knife or something slim into the gap between the phone back and the sim/card holders to gently push the back away from the chassis slightly to give you some room to work. Next get the super glue and make sure there is a very small amount on the brush. I added a tiny drop of glue either side on the little bits of plastic that the back is meant to sit against and then held the back firmly to them until it had dried solid.

Im pleased to say that its now perfect. So much easier than hoping for a satisfactory replacement, and when you dont have the screen or the dust issues then you really dont want to tempt fate!

A word of caution though. too much glue could result in it spurting out of the sides when pushed together. If you get any glue on that glossy back the look of the phone will be ruined so be very careful. It needs virtually no glue and if you dont use enough the first time you can always apply more. Also on the side where you have the red release catch for the battery, be careful not to brush this with the glue as you will have sucessfully glued your batter into your phone. I took mine out before I started LOL.

Oh a steady hand doesnt go amiss either

[ This Message was edited by: Classicguy on 2008-01-01 23:20 ]
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-02 00:32
looks like some of you guys don't know the esato history.
@coquito: i won't buy the phone, but that doesn't mean i can point out some of the things that are bad about it.

@NightBlade:
my opinion is personal, as is yours, but during the last 7 years i've hardly made a mistake during my comments. so i think my opinion gives a more realistic vision then some others.
as for the UI, you assuming that i like the nokia UI is quite funny and sad at the same time. the new UI of SE is based upon nokia. SE made it self famous by using the most logical UI, now they've joined almost every other brand in the world by using the same UI, a UI inveted for the dumb, who needs those 2 buttons with the icon to asnwer and end a call. 2 normal selctions keys are enough. Eldar from MR called it a logical step, and he said that the oldies wouldn't agree. He's right i don't agree. SE is making fun of their old buyers/fans. During the last 2 years SE has changed from the best brand to a normal brand.
And don't call the cam superb. Its one of the best cams, but not the best, no phone has got the best cam. the times of the K750 are over.

wake up your current SE fans/users, you think that everything SE is offering you is great, well thats 100% wrong.
6years ago ericsson had a FULLY working prototype, a phone that could do more then any phone on today's market. It was a phone full of innovaton. Innovation is a key for progress, this is something that SE is missing.
Instead of inovation they want to link them selves more with sony, and help sony get more profit. again we see that sony used to be a great brand aswell, but they also stop brinning innovation, that was when they killed the aibo.

I don't want to start a flame war, but if you feel like, then pm me, or post here with GOOD arguments
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 131415 161718  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic