Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Nokia N95 8gb review by Dogmann Part 1

Previous  123 ... 678 ... 131415  Next
Author Nokia N95 8gb review by Dogmann Part 1
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 02:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@for_sean

I just deleted everything that i didn't want as Voda want to hold your hand hand to take you places where as i am more than able to set up my own short cuts one was E-Bay and another was You Tube which i just don't use plus of course Voda Live which i was unable to delete but moved to a folder i don't use much.

Once you debrand it the menus are quite different and the whole phone is much smoother IMO. I don't use Voda for Data as i think their Data is very expensive so i use WiFi instead as i am currently not very well so am home at least 21 hours a day.

Fring is free from http://www.Fring.com and i already have the Windows Live Messenger sis files on my computer and can't remember where i downloaded then from but if you can't find then just PM me a E-Mail address and i will be happy to send it to you with installation instructions.

I really do recommend debranding as the way to go and with Nemesis it really is very quick and simple again if you need a guide i will be happy to send that to you as well.

@SUPERezel

Again if you can't find Windows Live send me an E-mail address via PM and i will be happy to send the files and instructions to you.

Congratulations to both of you i hope you are both happy and enjoy your new device any problem or questions feel free to ask either here or via PM

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-24 01:32 ]
icaka
T610
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 12:30
Hi Dogmann!

I found a great theme. Black. May you post some pics with it, I'll be glad to see how the phone looks. You may download it from here:

@ SymbianFreak:

/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14404

A pic displaying how the theme looks like - its like S60 Touch.

Thanks

Chris

[ This Message was edited by: icaka on 2007-11-24 11:34 ]
SUPERezel
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 13:00

On 2007-11-24 02:32:09, Dogmann wrote:
@for_sean

I just deleted everything that i didn't want as Voda want to hold your hand hand to take you places where as i am more than able to set up my own short cuts one was E-Bay and another was You Tube which i just don't use plus of course Voda Live which i was unable to delete but moved to a folder i don't use much.

Once you debrand it the menus are quite different and the whole phone is much smoother IMO. I don't use Voda for Data as i think their Data is very expensive so i use WiFi instead as i am currently not very well so am home at least 21 hours a day.

Fring is free from http://www.Fring.com and i already have the Windows Live Messenger sis files on my computer and can't remember where i downloaded then from but if you can't find then just PM me a E-Mail address and i will be happy to send it to you with installation instructions.

I really do recommend debranding as the way to go and with Nemesis it really is very quick and simple again if you need a guide i will be happy to send that to you as well.

@SUPERezel

Again if you can't find Windows Live send me an E-mail address via PM and i will be happy to send the files and instructions to you.

Congratulations to both of you i hope you are both happy and enjoy your new device any problem or questions feel free to ask either here or via PM

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-24 01:32 ]

PM for you! Thanks!
i love my first sony
SUPERezel
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 13:03
The phone is perfect, but...
when the screensaver kicks in, the display flips to horizontal mode...

How could this happen? anyone?
i love my first sony
themarques
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 13:25
Thats how Nokia has designed it, its not a design flaw stupid at its best but there u go. I am sure someone will find a way to "fix it"

Word of warning to those embarking on an update with a mac be it running vmware or parallels my flash reached about 90% (test mode on screen) and the usb kicked out. Luckily I was able to boot and start the phone and then reflash it from the remaning 90% and it was ok.

But yeah if you trying to avoid a paperweight I really advise to use a dedicated windows machine or boot into bootcamp, virtual machines are just to dicy.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 14:31
@icaka

Sorry but the File is no longer there and if you read further down the post there are major problems with colour conflicts so you can't see numbers in various places so really it doesnt matter how nice it looks it is unusable. which is why it has most probably been removed for now as it was on the S60 site also.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-24 13:44 ]
SUPERezel
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 14:42

On 2007-11-24 12:30:25, icaka wrote:
Hi Dogmann!

I found a great theme. Black. May you post some pics with it, I'll be glad to see how the phone looks. You may download it from here:

@ SymbianFreak:

Thanks

Chris

Just tested the black theme! looks very nice! but.. you can't see who is calling you! the numbers and background are both white
i love my first sony
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 14:45
@SUPERezel

Which Black theme?

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-24 13:46 ]
SUPERezel
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 15:11

On 2007-11-24 12:30:25, icaka wrote:
Hi Dogmann!

@ SymbianFreak:

Thanks

Chris

I believe that one.... icaka mailed it to me!
i love my first sony
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 15:37
@SUPERezel

OK you had me worried as i thought it was one i mailed to you and they all work fine on mine, that is why i said i really wasn't interested in that one because it really is not usable.

I am curious to see if you think Black 1.4 besides looking great appears to be faster than the others or not?

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-24 14:37 ]
SUPERezel
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 16:09

On 2007-11-24 15:37:36, Dogmann wrote:
@SUPERezel

OK you had me worried as i thought it was one i mailed to you and they all work fine on mine, that is why i said i really wasn't interested in that one because it really is not usable.

I am curious to see if you think Black 1.4 besides looking great appears to be faster than the others or not?

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-24 14:37 ]

didn't receive mail....! again please? MSN and themes please
i love my first sony
kaiesha
T650 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 22:46
I don't want a vodaphone contract and I can't really afford the £492 for a sim free one.

Is this phone coming to orange? Can anyone tell me?

Orange phoned me and offered me the current version but the battery life puts me off, and when you've seen the new one and the updates added, there's no competition. They told me that they were testing it but every orange shop a speak to are adamant they ain't having it. Who do I believe, the shop or the call centre?
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 22:50

On 2007-11-26 22:46:42, kaiesha wrote:
I don't want a vodaphone contract and I can't really afford the £492 for a sim free one.

Is this phone coming to orange? Can anyone tell me?

Orange phoned me and offered me the current version but the battery life puts me off, and when you've seen the new one and the updates added, there's no competition. They told me that they were testing it but every orange shop a speak to are adamant they ain't having it. Who do I believe, the shop or the call centre?

ask then to check handsets in review, if it's one of them ask when the projected release date is....
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 23:24
@kaiesha

It is only a Vodafone exclusive till Christmas i would be surprised if the other Networks didn't then pick it up once they can.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-26 22:25 ]
DocDibble
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-27 03:29
Hi all

I've read all the reviews and very pleased with the info. Also considering n82. Just one question to ask please. The original n95 had great video recording quality and then complimented by what I would consider one of the best on phone video editor. Does the 8gb version Have this editor too. If it does I would be please cause could order mine now.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 678 ... 131415  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic