Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Nokia N95 8gb review by Dogmann Part 1

Previous  123 ... 1112 131415  Next
Author Nokia N95 8gb review by Dogmann Part 1
islandprd
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-12-10 06:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@icaka

Yeah, I miss my t610 too. I gave it away just to find out the fren sold it away for nothing

You still have a surviving silver k700? Another classic indeed

I dont use walkman phones as I know very little about sounds, unlike you. I use my phone as a back up music storages and ocassionally play through aux port, thats about it

Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-10 17:07
Hi icka and all,

Well i have now manged to download and try the Theme from the Touch UI i believe it is called Haze with the new style icons and it really is very nice looking IMO.

It does still have a bug that the call dialogue bubble is all white for both incoming and outgoing calls. I have got round this is by having the incoming Say callers name on so really is not that much of a problem as i very rarely get a call from an unknown person.

I still have a bug though as i decided to remove all my Music from the device and again have found whilst i can delete the Albums contents i can not delete the Album names. I have tried both from the Music Player and from the File manger and whilst they all are removed from the File Manager they are still in the Music Player.

The only way i manged to resolve this was to reformat the Mass memory so will need to copy my Documents and Videos later all pictures are already back via Life Blog.

Here are some screenshots of how the Haze theme looks with the new app icons, also of interest may be just how free Ram was left with 28 apps running.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-10 16:09 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-10 17:46
@islandprd

Having just re read some of this thread re your problem with Voice dialling i now remember Michel Jerz over My Symbian saying something about Voice dialling not working very well with non English names. Well i think it was him or Apoc @Symbian Freak so that could well be what the problem is, sorry i don't have an answer or solution for you.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-11 17:28 ]
vabopi
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-12-11 02:08
Is there any phone browser other than Nokia PC Suite?
I really don't find it very good, as I did not like the equivalent from SE. I used My Phone Explorer which I found very good, I wish there was something like that for Nokia users.

For instance: under Messaging->My Folders I created a subfolder to keep certain kind of SMS. How can I backup them to the PC and delete them on the phone?

What is the preferable Maps software? Nokia Maps, Google Maps, or any other?
islandprd
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-12-11 09:22

On 2007-12-10 17:46:32, Dogmann wrote:
@islandprd
i don't have an answer or s solution for you.

No problem. Thanks for the thought. Appreciate it
icaka
T610
PM
Posted: 2007-12-11 10:55
Dogmann

The theme is great, indeed.

What about the video recording of N95 8gb? How much time does it survive? I've read some info about under 2 hours, which is sufficient, but means the video recording is really exhausting for the phone. In other words, if you record 10mins of video, will the battery drop by one bar or no?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.-George Bernard Shaw
SUPERezel
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-12-11 11:42
can someone mail me that Haze theme...? i have one, but than you can't see who's calling me! thanks
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-11 18:35
@vabopi

Sorry can't help just don't use sms at all but if you run Nokia life blog t does copy all your sms messages to it on a dateline format.

As for Sat Nav i don't use the inbuilt GPS or Nokia Maps or even Google my solution of choice still is Tom Tom 6 with my Holox BT-321 GPS Receiver.

@SUPERezel

As i said it still has the empty white bubble bug for all calls and dialling numbers but as this really doesn't bother me and i have a workaround for incoming calls i am still using it. There is a far as i am aware no fixed version available as yet.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-11 17:35 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-12-12 02:04
for people after themes for there N Series have you actually browsed MOSH?

I found some good themes a black 1 with a flame effect of another site which is pretty nice on my N80 which is also in black
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
aloner
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-12-12 02:30

On 2007-11-14 21:20:36, gola wrote:
i noticed that the n95 8gig tv ad showed it playing the spider man 3 movie,so did yours come with the spider man 3 movie?

Yes, though I upgraded the firmware to v11 and cannot watch the movie anymore. Thanks Nokia and your DRM policy!!!!!
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-12 02:45
@icaka

Not done any Video recording at all, i rarely take pictures i wouldn't really care if it didn't have a Camera or Video recording. Now playback an different thing entirely.

I have removed the Haze Theme the novelty wore off fast it really is not that great fro navigation at all so i have removed it and am back to MSN Black which really IMO is a very very dark Grey but is much more pleasing on the eye well for me it is.

@aloner

Personally i thought the quality was rubbish i get much better results from Movavi video converter and just use iPod settings which produce mp4 h.264 files. The inbuilt player plays these really well so no need for any other players or mucking around with settings it's literally a one click conversion.

@Miss UK

You could spend a day easily just searching S60 themes there are just so many but they are not equal some can and do cause problems in my experience. I now have 3 or 4 Themes and that really is more than i need and it's easy enough to find new ones if i want to.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-12 01:47 ]
adnansanni
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2007-12-12 22:27
Hi dogman,
I have Nokia 95 for 7 days. But its auto focus doesn’t work properly. Only close picture taken well. But every time I focus then auto focus bar remain red and picture gets blur. If I lucky then bar become green but picture still come out blue. So I decided to return it and will take N95-8GB. So do you have seen any kind of problem with auto focus on your N95-8gb? And how is the overall impression about its picture quality? Actually I’ll go for it for its picture quality.
Thanks
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-12 23:13
@adnansanni

Well I'm a average photographer at best but the N95 8GB always gets focus lock quite fast and i have had no real problems with the camera other than my lack of ability. If you look in the K850 v N95 photo thread i have posted some of the pictures i have taken which in my opinion are all good enough for my expectations.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-12 22:14 ]
vabopi
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-12-13 01:16
Info needed.

I have installed a few themes to choose from. And now I want to delete those I don't like, but I cannot figure how to do it. Thee is no option to delete and pressing the C button doesn't do it as I think it should. Any ideas?
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-13 03:06
@vabopi

Go to the app manager and scroll down they will be i their as installed select options remove.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-13 02:06 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 1112 131415  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic