Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Nokia N95 8gb review by Dogmann Part 1

Previous  123 ... 101112 131415  Next
Author Nokia N95 8gb review by Dogmann Part 1
islandprd
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-12-09 14:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@dogmann

Isnt hard but I am getting used to end call with a slider off. Thats because all my previous slider did just that. So you are right to say cannot please all. Thats why neither Nokia nor SE nor any single brnad that can please anyone. So the key is to accept each other point of view

I like to use voice tag to dial especially when I drive with bluetooth headset.

@mib1800

Darn voice tag No matter how many times I try I cannot get it works with my contacts. Instead it calls no that I have no intention to call Personally, I still prefer a customized ones cos I dont need to put voice tag on all names. Only the important ones.

I am sure I am not the only one who prefers customized mode. I think it is still better than forcing everyone to accept one standard
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-09 14:48
@islandprd

As we agreed above no manufacturer is perfect or can please all of it's users all of the time and what's more they never will IMO.

I really can't see why you are having problems with Voice dialling as you don't need to train anything just use it for the ones you want. Maybe look at the manual and play with for a while in the perfect environment i.e. not when driving and see how you get on.

After all i don't see how it can be Nokia's fault that you are used to another system you need to adapt to it not the other way round. It is no different to me getting another device and then complaining i have to train it to each name i want to call as with Nokia i don't have to, not the new manufacturers fault that is what i am used to or is it?

You know some times it is down to the user to check that a certain product or OS suits our needs and wants their is no standardisation between manufacturers. So it's unfair to blame one for not giving us what we are used to compared to another. We are all free to choose what suits us best but to criticize one for a lack of a feature we are used to from one and not found in another is just not logical IMO how can it be?.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-09 13:48 ]
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-09 14:51
marc, what screen would u prefer? e61 or n95?
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-09 15:07
Hm Boba,

That's really not an easy one to answer for most things especially Multimedia i would most probably have to go for the N95 8GB but for Web browsing the extra size of the E61 may just edge it. But that really is the only time i personally really need a larger screen as for Callander and E-mails it's fine. I may read the occasional document but don't really create or edit many but then this is just my usage and what i do. Using the N95 8GB is good although not quite the same as having a built in qwerty.

But now that i have sufficient Ram and Power i just leave the Keyboard app and Bluetooth on so just turn on the Keyboard and have no need to touch the N95 at all, just type and when finished close the keyboard. But the Multimedia abilities of the N95 8GB are much better than the E61.

Having said that having had the N95 8GB for just over 3 weeks now i decided to compare the Music playback to my 5th Gen iPod again. Up to now i had been very happy with the Music playback on the N95 8gb and was fairly certain there was very little difference. To my shock on returning to the iPod i have actually discovered that this is not quite true and that the iPod does indeed do a better job with Music, both with increased volume and clarity and this is with exactly the same Music encoded @256kbps AAC.

So especially as selling the iPod with Vaja case would of meant taking a big loss i am going to use the iPod for my Music and the N95 for Video and Films so 8GB should be enough to keep to me happy.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-09 14:08 ]
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-09 15:15
so actually e61 and n95 has got the same screen... as i recall, maybe e61 had a bit better quality as n95, not sure, if the wider screen of n95 offers a better one like e61, even nokia made some improvements on it as i recall
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
icaka
T610
PM
Posted: 2007-12-09 15:21

On 2007-12-09 15:07:53, Dogmann wrote:
Having said that having had the N95 8GB for just over 3 weeks now i decided to compare the Music playback to my 5th Gen iPod again. Up to now i had been very happy with the Music playback on the N95 8gb and was fairly certain there was very little difference. To my shock on returning to the iPod i have actually discovered that this is not quite true and that the iPod does indeed do a better job with Music, both with increased volume and clarity and this is with exactly the same Music encoded @256kbps AAC.

So especially as selling the iPod with Vaja case would of meant taking a big loss i am going to use the iPod for my Music and the N95 for Video and Films so 8GB should be enough to keep to me happy.

Thats a HUGE difference from your previous opinion, mate! Did I make you change your mind with my freaky music tests?

So maybe I should wait for the phone which will be announced during CES International.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.-George Bernard Shaw
islandprd
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-12-09 15:22

On 2007-12-09 14:48:41, Dogmann wrote:
@islandprd

I really can't see why you are having problems with Voice dialling as you don't need to train anything just use it for the ones you want. Maybe look at the manual and play with for a while in the perfect environment i.e. not when driving and see how you get on.

I tried many times and couldnt get it work maybe due to the way we speak or the maybe it cannot on non-english names. But who is the same?

i have to train it to each name i want to call as with Nokia i don't have to, not the new manufacturers fault that is what i am used to or is it?

I think quite a number of people prefer a customized solution rather than accepting one standard to fit all.

You know some times it is down to the user to check that a certain product or OS suits our needs and wants their is no standardisation between manufacturers. So it's unfair to blame one for not giving us what we are used to compared to another. We are all free to choose what suits us best but to criticize one for a lack of a feature we are used to from one and not found in another is just not logical IMO how can it be?.

How could one know the thing he prefers without using various diff products extensively? By the time he get to know it he may already buy it, or anyone has a diff method?
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-09 15:48
@Boba

I actually prefer the look of the N95 8GB screen as it appears brighter and sharper IMO not really a lot in it but i no longer have the E61 to compare it to.

@icka

As i said i was more than happy with the results achieved on the N95 8GB and if i had already got round to selling the iPod would of continued with it. But on swapping back to the iPod i have noticed a big enough difference to make me decide not to sell it.

That really doesn't mean the N95 isn't good just that it's not as good. Video playback on the N95 kills the iPod on quality and it's not even really close IMO so once again i have found convergence devices really aren't the best IMO well still not yet anyway. Having said that not everyone has the same requirements or standards as shown by those that are more than happy with lower encoding and supplied headsets that i wouldn't touch, but to some produce good enough results.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-09 14:48 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-09 16:06
@islandprd

Well with UIQ3 and the M600 trying to get it to actually work was a total nightmare and didn't work more often then it did, plus every time there was a new Firmware it needed doing all over again.

As i said it really is not a feature that i use or need so i place little importance to this feature.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-09 15:06 ]
icaka
T610
PM
Posted: 2007-12-09 16:07
Ok man. But I'll still wait for CES International, I just can't miss the chance if they release the phone(N91/N93's successor) as fast as they released N82.(not on the same day, but still very soon)
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.-George Bernard Shaw
islandprd
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-12-09 16:17

On 2007-12-09 16:06:20, Dogmann wrote:
@islandprd

Well with UIQ3 and the M600 trying to get it to actually work was a total nightmare and didn't work more often then it did, plus every time there was a new Firmware it needed doing all over again.

I never tried M600 so I know nothing about it

As i said it really is not a feature that i use or need so i place little importance to this feature.

Just because it is less important to you, doesnt mean it has to be less important to others, right Marc?
islandprd
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-12-09 16:25
@Icaka

Do u still have the phone in your avatar? That is one classic phone and still looking good

I like your signature too
icaka
T610
PM
Posted: 2007-12-09 16:33

On 2007-12-09 16:25:06, islandprd wrote:
@Icaka

Do u still have the phone in your avatar? That is one classic phone and still looking good

I like your signature too

No, thats an old phone of mine, which I still love but it broke years ago.
It would have been a very good second phone.
Thats why I keep it as my avatar, I don't like any of SE's recent phones as much as T610i :weep:

Currently I'm using W950i and K700i. I'm upgrading to N95 8gb(or N91/N93 successor) + 6233 soon.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-09 17:37
@islandprd

Definitely i have always said and firmly believe there is no right device for everyone and what is vital and necessary for some isn't for others. The trick quite simply is to find what suits you best. I only get defensive when people see problems that don't exist for others and slate a device purely because it doesn't have a certain badge. IMO everyone should buy what suits them best and not just because it is made by a particular manfactuer believing a certain manfactuer is always best IMO is just unrealistic and self defeating.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-09 16:37 ]
islandprd
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-12-10 06:14

On 2007-12-09 17:37:20, Dogmann wrote:
@islandprd

Definitely i have always said and firmly believe there is no right device for everyone and what is vital and necessary for some isn't for others. The trick quite simply is to find what suits you best. I only get defensive when people see problems that don't exist for others and slate a device purely because it doesn't have a certain badge. IMO everyone should buy what suits them best and not just because it is made by a particular manfactuer believing a certain manfactuer is always best IMO is just unrealistic and self defeating.

I agree with your first sentence.

Your second sentece (in bold) is the one that puzzled me. Perhaps I need to learn new tricks from you

I just said on few thread above: How could one know the thing he prefers (the best for him) without using various diff products extensively? By the time he get to know it he may already buy it, or anyone has a diff method?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101112 131415  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic