Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Nokia N95 8gb review by Dogmann Part 1

Previous  123 ... 789 ... 131415  Next
Author Nokia N95 8gb review by Dogmann Part 1
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-27 09:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi DocDibble,

No for some strange reason Nokia have removed the on board Video editing sorry.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-27 08:31 ]
DocDibble
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-27 11:33
Well I love the phone based on your reviews so far, so please tell me this. Is there anyway to get application that is just as good to edit on the phone or to get that same editor? Do you know of any downloadable ones please?
A mind is a terrible thing to waste
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-27 11:45
Hi DocDibble

Sorry as someone that prefers to watch rather than shoot or edit Video i really don't now but if on my travels round the Forums, i come across a solution i will of course let you know.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-27 10:45 ]
baconnugget
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-27 16:53
n85 8gb and n82 look temping, i prob would of kept my n95 if they released the v20 firmware sooner but selling my handset for £200 was good as next year i assume the price would have dropped drastically.
breumr
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-27 23:23
Do you guys think the prices on eBay will drop after xmas or would we have to wait quite a while for a price drop?

Cheers
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-11-28 01:34
Im hoping it's cheap when I can upgrade May 2009
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
baconnugget
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-28 13:59
temped to order on the voda website there doing it free on £35 for 300min 250 text and internet seem a fair price
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-11-28 16:48
That is a good price,
did you know with Vodafone that you can ask them to swap some of your mins for texts or vice versa? I thought thats pretty kewl..

I wouldn't mind a extra 1hr of calls myself but i'd be running out of texts

you should go for it if you can afford the line rental every month

An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Symbiangeeza
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-29 01:27
@Dogmann:-Rather than purchasing new phones on such a regular basis, maybe you should consider obtaining some new bedding!There are more bobbles on your bedding than a tramps woolen overcoat.
bidboy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-29 08:46
@ Dogmann

Up early today, waiting for postman to deliver my N95 8GB. After reading all your comment's on this phone I can't wait to get my hand's on it.

Would appreciate a bit of advice. I know that all my apps. should be installed in the phone memory, but what about themes ?. If they are installed in phone memory can they be deleted ok ?. In my N73, if the themes were installed in phone memory they could not be deleted in the normal way.

Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-29 13:20
@bidboy

Congratulations on your new device i am sure you will enjoy it, personally i install all apps and Themes on my phones memory along with a ring tone and message alert tone. Then all my Music, video's and Film, Pictures and Documents get installed to the memory card or in this case the Mass Memory.

In doing so i have never experienced a problem deleting a theme unlike others that have installed to a memory card. As IMO the things the phone uses constantly run faster and more stable from the phone memory and even with over 5,000 Calendar entries and the apps i have installed along with a couple of themes and my ring tone and message alert i still have 95.8mb free memory on the phone.

The other thing i do is only install things i am actually going to use and after installing a new theme observe how the device functions as although some themes look really good they can effect how your device runs. I have found a solid colour theme like the Black 1.4 seems to make the device run at it's best whilst some more complicated themes can slow the device down or even cause stability problems trial and error is required here.

But if your device starts playing up changing the theme is always a good first step to see if it solves the problem and then you now it was the theme that was responsible.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-29 12:22 ]
joemax
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-11-29 14:40
It will make no difference to the operation of the app whether its in the phone or on the memory card apart from performance as Marc says. I tend to use my 8GB card for apps and themes so that I have more free memory in the phone for those apps that require cache and working space.

Only issue here is removing the card (which I rarely do) also removes any theme set or app thats running at the time. The phone will shut them all down prior to you taking the card out anyway.

Upside is that if you update the firmware on your phone, all your apps and themes are there still and you don't need to re-install them.

ASAIK anyway

Or does the phone reserve a section of RAM for apps to use regardless ? ie if I do install apps and themes in the phone, does it actually compromise memory space that could lead to memory full errors as with older N95 firmware releases ?
<----- The K850 on the left is pants... gave up after 4 faulty ones. Nokia N95 now and its the dogs dangly bits
baconnugget
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-29 17:34
decided im gonna wait for the n82, decided i should wait instead of paying off my contract that would cost me £170 lol, that dead does sound really temping if i was out of contract.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-29 19:41
@joemax

No but we are talking about phone memory not Ram so as i have installed all my apps and themes and ring tone and message tone in the Phone memory and still have 95.9mb free. I really can't see any advantage installing them on the Memory Card only all the disadvantages of what happens when the card is removed. It's not like you need to update the Firmware weekly and IMO after a Firmware upgrade it is far better to install the apps from fresh but that's just my preference and opinion.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-29 18:41 ]
bidboy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-29 19:41
@Dogmann

Thank's a lot for your advice, much appreciated.

Well, the phone did'nt arrive today as expected, so I contacted the seller & he apologized for the delay, gave me the tracking number & has posted it today using Special delivery, so I will have it for the weekend.

Will get back to you if I have any problem's. Hope I don't become a pest.

Steve.

[ This Message was edited by: bidboy on 2007-11-29 18:43 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 789 ... 131415  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic