Esato

Forum > General discussions > Garbage threads > New features for SE P5i!

Previous  12
Author New features for SE P5i!
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2007-11-12 11:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@OfflineR:

SE quotes 3 months standby time, but they haven't told me anything yet as to how long its supposed to last under normal usage.

But I charged mine up full last night and after using the time travel feature a lot this morning, it needed charging again by lunchtime. So i don't believe it lasts long under extensive use.

You shouldn't worry about the battery dying on you though, as there is a solar charger built into the device. So if you travel in time somewhere where you can't recharge, all you need is sunlight! It gives you good warning of the battery running out though.

Hope this answers your question!
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
Dextrr
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 09:44
Muhummad-Oli:

I am very interested in the P5i and am seriously considering buying one as soon as it hits SE furniture stores. What really sealed the deal for me was the futuristic look and antique leather chair!

Now onto my question, does it come preloaded with TomTom time traveling maps? Is there an option for 'turn by turn' voice guided directions if I were to lose my way halfway time traveling to the Renaissance era?

Thanks in advance!
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 10:34
@Dextrr:

There is no need for TomTom! You will have heard the rumour that the P5i has GPS... Well Sony Ericsson has gone one step further and developed GTSPS! (Global, Time and Space Positioning System). This application works seamlessly with all the other apps and looks great on the P5i's screen!

The system always seems to know where you are. A voice tells you through the speakers where you are, when to turn right, when you've gone past your exit, etc. The only problem I found was that it once mistook 2107 AD for 2107 BC! So it was trying to take me forward several thousand years, rather than backwards 100 years when I pressed the home button! (You press the home button to instantly travel back to the present time) This is obviously a bug that will be worked out before it is released!

[ This Message was edited by: Muhummad-Oli on 2007-11-13 09:56 ]
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 10:54
TIME-TRAVEL UPDATE:

Today I made another attempt at time-travel. I decided to go back in time only a few years to test its short distance time-travel capabilities. Man! Big mistake! I don't believe SE have fully tested this yet! I tried to go back to the year 2000 and the machine got stuck in a backwards time warp and within seconds I had gone back in time to the 1930s! Minutess later and it was about 1758! I desperately tried to stop the P5i but there was nothing I could do! I had to wait about 3 hours before the machine reached it's backwards limit (about 8000 years because SE gave me the Christian unit... I believe the Non-Christian unit is still under heavy development). After that, it was another 3 hour trip back to the present. Of course, I didn't lose any time of my day because it took me back to the time I left, but it was a real pain in the ass! SE has a lot of work to do on the P5i... I have already found a few bugs and I've only had it a few days!

Lets hope this one isn't another K850i!
xell
W880 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-13 11:39
M-O: By all means, be careful to what extent you use the time travel feature. runs out of testers for this unit because of preterm ageing.
It occured only recently to them, that, as you described, no time passed in the real timeframe, while you lost 6 full hours travelling 8000 years in the past and back. Some testers of the Non-Christian units, so state my sources, aged up to 30 years after the return. They now receive medical treatment.

One very tragic case is with the German Karl Ranseier, whose dehydrated body, merely a skeleton, was recovered from a returned P5i testing unit.

Just be careful, mate. We do not want to lose you like Karl.
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 11:50
Wow thanks for the warning! I don't think I will be using this feature a lot anymore before the testing unit is sent back. I'd like to see the bugs fixed before I begin to use it extensively!

I was disappointed that SE gave me absolutely no warning on the possible dangers of time-travel and using such an advanced unit. All I got was a 10 page instruction manual of which only one page was devoted to time-travel. I am thoroughly annoyed and will put in my complaint to SE shortly!

Poor Karl, I had heard of him being a tester for SE. But I think there has been a cover-up surrounding his death. SE could get in a lot of trouble!
vladn02
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 17:23
lol this reminds me of my time traveling machine....

so imagine this, your at a pub/bar getting drunk you had about 6 beers, your sitting there thinking damn i have to stop drinking so i can sober up to drive...

well have 6 more beer follow by 2 shots and wam bam you teleported and your at home lol, you dont know how you got there your car is parked in the grass outside, its all good!

Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2007-11-17 04:00
@vladn02:

Hahahaha... Not quite the same type of Time Machine. Yours is probably more useful though!
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-20 14:26
W960's got Time Machine, as well. And I'm not even kidding like you
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2007-12-20 14:28
Who says I'm kidding? What? Shhhhh...

Anyways my P5i prototype has been sent back to SE just like PeterKay's. I believe the actual reason was that the Time Machine function just really sucks. I hope they can fix it up quickly so I can have it back!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi