Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > POST "Strange/Scary" Pictures here!

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author POST "Strange/Scary" Pictures here!
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-25 20:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@jojo

Yes, I'm very interested in the paranormal! Thanks for the link

It Looks a bit edited rather than a genuine ghost vid but of course I may be wrong. Either way, that little girl looks seriously strange and frightening to me somehow, reminds me of the doll in the haunted ebay picture *shudder*

EDIT:

Just watched it again a few times, sussed it out!

The figure in the right-hand mirror is a paper mache model or something similar of the little girl, which is why it looks weird like the haunted ebay picture doll!

[ This Message was edited by: Cycovision on 2007-11-25 19:55 ]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 00:26
@cyco - OK, Yup . . . when I FIRST saw it . . my HAIR (I mean all, including the ONE below) really STOOD up but after a while (reviewing it numerous times . . .) looks like the has a TWIN who stood permanently on the RIGHT isde of the mirror . . . [addsig]
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-26 12:19

This is the granddaddy (or should that be grandma?) of all ghost photos; "the brown lady of Raynham Hall"!

in 1936, two professional photographers, Captain Provand and his assistant Indre Shira, were taking photographs of Raynham Hall in Norfolk, England for 'Country Life' magazine. The date was the 19th September, and at 4.00pm that afternoon they were photographing the Hall's main staircase. They had completed one exposure, and were preparing for another, when Shira saw a misty form ascending the stairs. He shouted to the captain that there was something on the stairs, and asked if the Captain was ready, he replied "yes" and took the cap off the lens, while Shira pressed the trigger for the flash light.

After this the captain came up from under the protective cloth, and asked what all the fuss was about. Shira explained that he had seen a shadowy, see-through figure on the stairs. When the negative was developed it showed this famous image. There were three witnesses to the negatives development, as Shira had wanted an independent observer to verify the event. He ran and got a chemist called Benjamin Jones, who managed the premises above which the development studio was located. A full account of the experience was published in Country Life magazine on the 26th of December 1936.

The photo was later examined by experts at the Country Life offices, where it was declared unlikely to have been tampered with. There have been a few detractors in more recent times saying that Shira hoaxed the image by smearing grease on the lens or moving in front of the camera, but there is unlikely to be a definitive explanation for the photo. It is still held in the offices of Country Life.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-11-26 23:45
. . . sometimes I am wonderin' why these OLD or even NEW cameras can CAPTURE images which the VERY naked human eye CANnot SEE ! [addsig]
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-27 12:10

The one of the young lad falling for the 'maze game' trick had me in stitches!
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-27 12:42

Terry Ike Clanton took this photo of his friend at Boothill Graveyard, who wanted Old West-looking pictures of himself dressed in Clanton's 1880-period clothes. Among the gravestones, just to the right of his friend, is the image of what appears to be a thin man in a dark hat.

Terry explains: "This is the photo that changed my opinion about ghost photo's! I personally shot this photograph of my friend in Boothill Graveyard... We had it developed at Thrifty Drug Store and I know no one tampered with it! The picture was shot in black & white, because my friend wanted old west looking pictures of himself dressed up in my 1880 period clothes. All I can say is... "I know their was no other person in this photograph when I shot it, especially some guy holding a knife! Thats right folks, if you look carefully the person in the background appears to be holding a knife!"

Examination of the photo found that it was unlikely to have been tampered with and that the proportions of the man are perfectly correct with respect to the rest of the photograph. The reason he is peering over the tall grass is either because he is kneeling down, has no legs or is rising out of the ground!

Whatever the explanation, it certainly spooked Terry Clanton who invited psychics to examine the photograph. They all determined, independently of one another, that the man is indeed holding a knife but that he means no harm.

Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-27 13:05

On 2007-11-25 06:15:15, belialwafu wrote:
look for the Portuguese accident ghost vid somekind of that hehe

That video was shot by a couple of students a few years ago.
It's based on an urban myth. They didn't intend to fake anything, they just wanted to make a short horror film.

And they certainly did it... spooky.
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-27 13:11
^^^^

is this the video where they pick up a ghostly hitchhiker and then crash or is it a different one?
belialwafu
W700
PM
Posted: 2007-11-27 13:43

On 2007-11-27 13:11:51, Cycovision wrote:
^^^^

is this the video where they pick up a ghostly hitchhiker and then crash or is it a different one?

it is [addsig]
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-27 13:51
Thanks!

I'm not sure about the authenticity of that one. Snopes reckons that it's a hoax and it does seem a bit 'Blair witch project-like' to me but then again, the Hampton court ghost seems too good to be true as well so you never know?
Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-27 15:22

On 2007-11-27 13:51:00, Cycovision wrote:
Thanks!
I'm not sure about the authenticity of that one. Snopes reckons that it's a hoax and it does seem a bit 'Blair witch project-like' to me but then again, the Hampton court ghost seems too good to be true as well so you never know?

Maybe you mis-read my post.
I am affirming that it was not a real ghost.
It was a project from a couple of students. They were interviewed on TV about a month ago, but the film was made 4 years ago.
The "director" said he didn't expect the film to get these proportions. It was just a regular short horror movie.

So its not even an hoax, it was not intended to be from the begining. [addsig]
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-27 15:26
Oh sorry yes, I did misread it I remember seeing the vid a while ago but never did any research into it.

Thanks!
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-28 15:47

This photograph was taken in 1963 by Reverend K. F. Lord at Newby Church in North Yorkshire, England. It has been a controversial photo because it is just too good. The shrouded face and the way it is looking directly into the camera makes it look like it was deliberately posed – and a clever double exposure technique was used. Yet supposedly, the photo has been scrutinized by photo experts who say the image is not the result of a double exposure.

The Reverend Lord has said of the photo that nothing was visible to the naked eye when he took the snapshot of his altar. Yet when the film was developed, standing there was this strange cowled figure.

The Newby Church was built in 1870 and, as far as anyone knows, did not have a history of ghosts, hauntings or other peculiar phenomena. Those who have carefully analyzed the proportions of the objects in the photo calculated that the specter is about nine feet tall!
abbafan1972
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2007-11-28 22:47
I had a look at the Portugese hitchhiker vid and was waiting for something a bit more exciting than that.

Hardly surprising they had an accident with the amount of taking they were doing and were prob not wearing seatbelts either.

Some interesting stuff here though.

[ This Message was edited by: abbafan1972 on 2007-11-28 21:47 ]
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-11-28 23:54
Spooky...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi