Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > POST "Strange/Scary" Pictures here!

Author POST "Strange/Scary" Pictures here!
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 03:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I liked: cyco's POST because they are REAL, while mine is more of a . . . . sci-fi .

@razor - I don't have that matey . . . try accessing: AULD lung SYNE WEBSITE dude . . . [addsig]
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-14 14:34
@razec

I've never heard of that one, might have a google later

Reminds me of this photo taken in Australia in 1975:

Look closely at the seated man's sides and you'll see a pair of disembodied hands holding on to him! There was no space for a human being between the man and the wall and the wall was solid; no holes, trapdoors or such like.

This one baffled scientists for more than two decades but was eventually admitted by it's creators to be a hoax, created with a very clever piece of photographic trickery that they still won't reveal the secret of even today.

[ This Message was edited by: Cycovision on 2007-11-14 13:36 ]
belialwafu
W700
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 13:15
photoshop? [addsig]
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-16 16:49
No, there was no such thing as photoshop in 1975!

The experts reasoned that it must be some kind of clever development technique, but the culprits would never say yes or no

Bear in mind that the original photograph looked a lot more convincing than this very much overly copied, digitised and compressed photo. I can't find a decent version of the original so if anybody comes across one, please give me a shout!
DickySnapples
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 17:07
maybe he chopped someones arms off and glued them to his shirt. . .
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-16 17:18
Quite possibly! It would certainly explain why the scientists were baffled for so long, they would never have thought of that
A L 3 X
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 19:56

On 2007-11-13 14:34:13, Cycovision wrote:
Here's another of my favourite ghost photos which, like the Hampton Court footage, is considered by many to be one of the best ever.

On November 19, 1995, Wem Town Hall in Shropshire, England burned to the ground. Many spectators gathered to watch the old building, built in 1905, as it was being consumed by the flames. Tony O'Rahilly, a local resident, was one of those onlookers and took photos of the spectacle with a 200mm telephoto lens from across the street. One of those photos shows what looks like a small, partially transparent girl standing in the doorway. Nether O'Rahilly nor any of the other onlookers or firefighters recalled seeing the girl there.

O'Rahilly submitted the photo to the Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena which, in turn, presented it for analysis to Dr. Vernon Harrison, a photographic expert and former president of the Royal Photographic Society. Harrison carefully examined both the print and the original negative, and concluded that it was genuine. "The negative is a straightforward piece of black-and-white work and shows no sign of having been tampered with," Harrison said.

But who is the little girl? Wem, a quiet market town in northern Shropshire, had been ravaged by fire in the past. In 1677, historical records note, a fire destroyed many of the town's old timber houses. A young girl named Jane Churm, the legends say, accidentally set fire to a thatched roof with a candle. Many believed her ghost haunted the area and had been seen on a few other occasions.

This one really gives me the shivers because of the way that she appears to be looking directly into the camera. There's just something "not right" about it, if you know what I mean

[ This Message was edited by: Cycovision on 2007-11-13 13:42 ]

think i read this in either an english or humanities lesson but i'm not sure.....i seem to remember seeing it before.....strange eh
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 20:43
I dont no how these guys manage to get these pix. I dont really believe in ghosts, but if I saw one, I would be sh*ing my self! Taking a pic wont be on my mind! It would be running to the car screamming like a headless chicken!
lhaizza
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-16 21:08
waaa that really scares me. don't want to see this thread again.
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 21:31
Hmmmm interesting! This type of thing confuses me, don't like things that can't be explained. I'm a great believer that everything can be explained through science be it chemistry, physics, biology etc etc. Guess you have to have an open mind though.
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-16 21:42
Yeah, well that's the funny thing. In the vast majority of ghost photo cases, neither the photographer nor any onlookers saw anything out of the ordinary at the time the photograph was taken. Yet still the ghosts appear 'in black and white', as the old saying goes.

Here's another classic:

Taken in 1959 by Mrs. Mabel Chimney in a British churchyard. She had just finished photographing her mother’s grave and then took a picture of her husband, who was waiting for her in the car. He was alone in the car at that time, yet the developed photograph clearly showed Mrs. Chimney’s mother in the back seat of the car. A photo expert examined it for a British newspaper and declared the photo to be authentic. In fact, he went as far as to declare, “I stake my reputation on the fact that this picture is genuine.”

Apparantly, the scary glowing eyes were caused by the reflection of the camera's flash in the ghost's spectacles (which Mrs. Chimney's mother did indeed wear) but either way, this one gives me the s**ts too!

DickySnapples
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 21:51

Photo taken in 1966 reverend by Rev. Ralph Hardy. This was only intended to be
a picture of the now famous Tulip Staircase.

[addsig]
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 22:10
What the hell is that thing?

belialwafu
W700
PM
Posted: 2007-11-17 03:23
the grim reaper haha!...in out retreat here in our country we take a pic w/ Egyptian poses but....when my frend took the pic...i had a "orb" in my head..to bad i deleted it because i was scared... [addsig]
$herry
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2007-11-17 10:16
the one that cycovision posted...about the dead mother re-appearing..is indeed genuine...i have the pic in a paranormal book at a better resolution..it is not as grainy, much more clear and much more SCARY...it is one of the few photographs documenting ghosts that are considered genuine....and it was taken at a time when the words photo and shop didnt go together apart from the place u got photos developed at! [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi