Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2008

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2008
m-one
W890 Silver
Joined: Apr 21, 2007
Posts: 321
PM
Posted: 2007-10-20 18:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Your welcome I also wish you good luck with this new and very interesting thread.
As mentioned before the 2008 Portfolio will be very impressive.

There has also been some confusion about the two codenames MOOI and Maria. It's very likely the W960 is called MOOI. What we're now expecting to be revealled is probably Maria. At least some of my sources are talking about MOOI to be the W960i.

It could be the same situation as seen in the two different codenames of the W910i. The W910 is called Shinobu. But the asian W908c is codenamed Erika.
cristiano
K810 Blue
Joined: Feb 15, 2006
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2007-10-20 18:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-10-20 18:06:27, m-one wrote:
Your welcome I also wish you good luck with this new and very interesting thread.
As mentioned before the 2008 Portfolio will be very impressive.

There has also been some confusion about the two codenames MOOI and Maria. It's very likely the W960 is called MOOI. What we're now expecting to be revealled is probably Maria. At least some of my sources are talking about MOOI to be the W960i.

It could be the same situation as seen in the two different codenames of the W910i. The W910 is called Shinobu. But the asian W908c is codenamed Erika.

Eldar said that W960 is maria

@goldenface
you know that the first picture is just photoshoped
and P3 might be a slider


[ This Message was edited by: cristiano on 2007-10-20 17:18 ]
sealover94
W995 Silver
Joined: Oct 25, 2006
Posts: > 500
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-20 18:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
SOURCE : SEALOVER.GURUBB.COM

domipost
Hazel
Joined: Mar 18, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: Leiden, Netherlands
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-20 18:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
nice, but afaik there is another tread for photoshops. Post it there please.
m-one
W890 Silver
Joined: Apr 21, 2007
Posts: 321
PM
Posted: 2007-10-20 18:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-10-20 18:16:28, cristiano wrote:

On 2007-10-20 18:06:27, m-one wrote:
Your welcome I also wish you good luck with this new and very interesting thread.
As mentioned before the 2008 Portfolio will be very impressive.

There has also been some confusion about the two codenames MOOI and Maria. It's very likely the W960 is called MOOI. What we're now expecting to be revealled is probably Maria. At least some of my sources are talking about MOOI to be the W960i.

It could be the same situation as seen in the two different codenames of the W910i. The W910 is called Shinobu. But the asian W908c is codenamed Erika.

Eldar said that W960 is maria

@goldenface
you know that the first picture is just photoshoped
and P3 might be a slider


[ This Message was edited by: cristiano on 2007-10-20 17:18 ]


Since codenames change very often right before an announcement it cannot be definitely said whether it's right or wrong. I mentioned only a possibility
And referred to the situation seen on the W910

[ This Message was edited by: m-one on 2007-10-20 17:46 ]
dr_thug
P990
Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: > 500
From: India
PM
Posted: 2007-10-20 18:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-10-20 18:34:12, domipost wrote:
nice, but afaik there is another tread for photoshops. Post it there please.


I second that.
gauravsali
T650 Blue
Joined: Oct 14, 2006
Posts: 248
PM
Posted: 2007-10-20 19:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My main question is will se announce so called iphone competitor on 11th nov before launching of w960?will his be the good market stratergy for se?
m-one
W890 Silver
Joined: Apr 21, 2007
Posts: 321
PM
Posted: 2007-10-20 19:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It's the November 15th
Why should it be bad to release a dedicated competition opponent?
This is a necessary step due to the hard competition.
It has to come further or later.

[ This Message was edited by: m-one on 2007-10-20 18:55 ]
domipost
Hazel
Joined: Mar 18, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: Leiden, Netherlands
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-20 20:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Most people don't even know the excistance of a phone till it hit the shops
shaliron
K610 red
Joined: Jan 15, 2006
Posts: > 500
From: Melbourne, Australia
PM
Posted: 2007-10-21 04:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@goldenface
Good luck with this thread!

And re: the first picture of the p3i on this thread, it is just a photoshop, from here (scroll to the bottom): http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=141866&p=9&g=Go


If anyone remembers esato member deuxanis photoshops of Elena or the P1i as it now called, these can turn out to be quite accurate impressions.


Ah, but deauxani already knew what the phone was going to look like

@QVGA
Yepp, the previous thread was just a combination of BBCode, and quite a lot of HTML.
A wooden spoon is a spoon made from wood. Source: Wikipedia

Winner of: Best Thread (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Post (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Signature 2007, and 2nd Best Nickname 2007.
razec
T610
Joined: Aug 20, 2006
Posts: > 500
From: Mars
PM
Posted: 2007-10-21 06:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Nice Thread GoldenFace. To cover SE's highest end phone rumor P3i is such a great achievement after Shaliron's success. Goodluck all the way!

I would now call you Phone rumor nostradamus II
10 years at Esato
WhiteEye
T650 Blue
Joined: Jun 20, 2006
Posts: > 500
From: Jakarta, Indonesia
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-21 06:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Nice thread, goldenface. Good luck
from my observations, sometimes it's better off not knowing.
deasine
Z610 Black
Joined: Oct 11, 2007
Posts: 63
PM
Posted: 2007-10-21 07:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I was wondering why there wasn't a thread for 2008 phones... now that goldenface made one, this will be perfect. I'm hoping to see many new, innovative phones for the 2008 year from Sony Ericsson, one that WILL shock other phone companies... But I'm very sure Sony Ericsson will release some exciting mobile phones because:

Nokia has announced S60 touchscreen phone (though there areen't any offical dates). Apple has announced their iPhone in France (fully unlocked) and will be annoucning in Asia and Canadian markets. Sony Ericsson will respond.

Nokia has released N81 and N95 8GB with ngage - maybe Sony Ericsson will release their PSP edition phones?

Anyways I'm not going to rant on what everyone has said earlier. Thanks again goldenface!
chuksy
G900 Brown
Joined: Aug 07, 2007
Posts: 224
From: uk
PM
Posted: 2007-10-21 09:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Am sure SE has better days ahead....and exciting phones for its very loyal supporters.Lets see what the next 12months have in store

[ This Message was edited by: chuksy on 2007-10-21 08:43 ]
kenx3000
K790
Joined: Nov 02, 2004
Posts: 160
PM
Posted: 2007-10-21 10:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@deasine

It is highly possible right now for SE to integrate gaming interfaces into the current streamlines which I think is the best possibility right now. We know that SE doesn't want to push out PSP phone too early since it might end up like N-Gage and Sony's own PS3 which is having selling problems globally. So the only way out to get gaming interfaces onto the market is using other phones.

Well, right now I think it's interesting to see Motorola in the UIQ role. We might see UIQ expand more than expected, and who knows, the WM OS might be canceled if UIQ does well on the phones(if there's enough developers).

I just don't think SE will push A200 interface into touchscreen, but reversely putting UIQ back into regular phones like Motorola. I personally think Nokia pushed out S60 as a touchscreen has more cons than pros. It does bring out new breeds of phones, but it killed the upper ones instead since S60-t might be cheaper for R&D so the price of the phones should be cheaper.

I'm only looking forward to the next announcement of SE since it's there last chance this year to answer the other companies of what SE has up its sleeves. I'm not asking for something like 8GB or HSDPA or 16 million color screens, but something more innovative(isn't that what SE is known for?).
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic