Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > K850 Firmware Overview

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 567 ... 695696697  Next
Author K850 Firmware Overview
PowerLee
Nokia Lumia 928
PM
Posted: 2007-10-19 20:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-10-19 18:27:23, vladn02 wrote:
bought and returned it

had 90% of the bugs listed here it was unbranded even.

imo crap firmware and fs all together.

the big bug: released too soon!

Its just a typical Sony Ericsson phone, released to early so the general public can test the firmware & moan when it goes wrong which is pretty quickly, why do you get the feeling the next firmware will fix a lot of the bugs but introduce some new ones.

Id never buy the first release of a new phone as you just know it will end up going wrong / back at the repair centre / replaced under warranty.
SE-Naz
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2007-10-19 21:41
Has anyone noticed that in the music player if you set the equilzer to MANUAL and then STOP the music and CLOSE the Player... Then go back into it it goes back to the previous setting... For example if you have left it on BASS setting...

Cheers
ENJOY
L10nH34Rt
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-10-19 23:40
And another one, though I can't reproduce it... I remember not being able to alter the volume when playing a song in the player...
jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-19 23:45
1. I've managed to adjust the volume and then see it jump back up to what it was on before!

2. You can zoom in/out on images in the traditional file manager and nearly manage to scroll way off the page. I'm sure you could almost lost the image!

3. Looking at pictures in the file manager is VERY quick, like any other model. In the PSP-style media viewer, it crawls.

4. If you delete a picture in the PSP-style media viewer, it won't actually get rid of it until you scroll left/right. Even then, there's a huge lag.

5. In the PSP-style media player, if you press volume down (with music player), the picture will zoom in. Now you can zoom in and out okay. Press volume up first, and you'll now be adjusting the volume and zooming at the same time.

6. I deleted all the SE RSS feeds, but when the phone crashed later on and rebooted they were all back again!

7. I cannot force the SEU application to reflash my phone, as there's no new firmware yet, so I can't fix the file structure problem that prevents me adding any games or applications, or accessing the ones already present on the phone.
Jonathan Morris
Editor, What Mobile magazine - the UK's leading mobile phone magazine
www.whatmobile.netforum.whatmobile.net
Twitter @jmcomms
rambalu80
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-10-20 00:17

On 2007-10-19 21:41:46, SE-Naz wrote:
Has anyone noticed that in the music player if you set the equilzer to MANUAL and then STOP the music and CLOSE the Player... Then go back into it it goes back to the previous setting... For example if you have left it on BASS setting...

Cheers
ENJOY

I just noticed it after reading your post. But if you go back to manual, your manual setting stays unaltered.
Ridahz
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-20 00:50

On 2007-10-19 21:41:46, SE-Naz wrote:

Cheers
ENJOY

Oh yes!! Just noticed!!

Also ive noticed if i toggle the switch to photo album and let the light go off when viewing pics i cant get the light back on and have to exit to home screen and do it again!!
Ridahz Feedback +29 -0
Titanium Trader
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-20 03:20

On 2007-10-19 23:45:11, jmcomms wrote:
6. I deleted all the SE RSS feeds, but when the phone crashed later on and rebooted they were all back again!

This may be because the cache wasn't flsushed properly when the phone crashed. Try restarting the phone straight after deleting RSS feeds (before it crashes again) and see if they remain deleted.

7. I cannot force the SEU application to reflash my phone, as there's no new firmware yet, so I can't fix the file structure problem that prevents me adding any games or applications, or accessing the ones already present on the phone.

try a master reset (may also help with crashing) My K750 was crashing on the first day I got it, but I did a master reset and the problem disappeared.
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-10-20 10:39
Well I think i may have a bigger problem with the phone.

Went to be last night and switched of the phone.

This morning and the phone will not switch back on.

All the phone keyboard comes on and then the SE Logo, then the keyboard comes on and thats it. The keyboard then just flashes all the time.

I have removed the battery, (which is full) I have tried using the power cable connected direct, I cant even get to the main boot up screen.

This is not good news indeed.
This is like the problem we had with another SE phone a couple of years back.

I can put th phone on charge and watch the battery go up and down (which it says its virtualy full) but whe you press the power button, the phone will not boot

Very very unhappy person now.

I cant even get on the Se website to do a update as the phone has the latest software. (so no reflash)

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2007-10-20 09:42 ]
stevenupton1
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-20 15:08
Im now on my second K850i and not very happy, when I try to view photos in the media manager the phone reboots and goes black then says searching for network. Same problem on 2 brand new phones so I cant be the only one with this fault. Also I cant use the "best pic" feature as when it takes the photo all I see is a black screen! Will these be corrected by a new firmware release? If so when will it be available? SE shouldnt be allowed to sell phones that dont perform to the stated specification!
killsta
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-10-20 18:17
Got myself an unbranded K850 from carphonewarehouse today - firmware version R1CA029.
Duran
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-10-20 19:47
So you guys reckon SE could make hardware changes with the '2nd' k850 batch?
stevenupton1
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-20 20:20
Hardware changes? Im hoping its just software that needs updating.
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-10-20 21:04
Its not a hardware problem in the phones, but software.
i just dont think that the software released is brilliant for the phone.

And when you come to delete, move things about on the phone, I think he phone becomes confused.
Duran
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-10-20 22:18
i mean the cracking of the backside..dusty screen etc.
stevenupton1
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-10-20 22:30
My phone hasnt any cracking backside or a dusty screen, infact the phone is perfect apart from the annoying reboots that I keep getting when using the media manager and best pic is a joke as it blatently doesnt work.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 567 ... 695696697  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic