Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > K850 Firmware Overview

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 929394 ... 695696697  Next
Author K850 Firmware Overview
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-01-03 21:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Took 3 pics so far, dark part of room, total pitch black part of house & outdoor pic. Flash only went off for the pitch black one, will bear the flash charging in mind.

Looks like all the themes went but not sure, clarity certainly did anyway, FaceWard etc is still there tho.
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-01-03 21:09
I can only say that on my o2 phone ive lost nothing after doing 3 master resets on various k850is.

Sorry i cant say for other network branding, but as far as im aware you shouldnt lose them, but i cant say for certain.

Yes i had the same problem with the k700, but the k850 seems to only reset the phone back to factory setting.

But at the end of the day its up to you.

For people who want the original themes for the K850i, you can download them here and then transfer them to your phone via the cable etc

http://www.sethpo.de/Original-SE-Themes.html

Sorry i cant be more help

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2008-01-03 20:13 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-03 21:24
Doing a master reset when I was Voda branded lost my Marble Madness game and my GPRS and MMS settings. Annoyingly it didn't lose the Voda theme! But no worries. you can get Wap, email and mms settings from the site for free (they send them to your phone for you so you don't have to enter it all up manually, all you have to do is enter your model, phone number and network here) and if you look here you will be able to download all the original games and themes that are standard on a generic handset (some branded phones have games specific to their handsets eg. 3 put on a texas poker game)

Edit: On voda I didn't lose my Marble Madness game, I didn't get it at all with Voda. I lost other applications though. Make sure you can get any applications back before you master reset. Also VERY IMPORTANTLY saving your apps to memory card won't stop them being lost in the master reset process! When you master reset the phone 'forgets' that it ever had those applications associated with it and so cannot find them on the memory card! Beware!

"I'm a minimalist, I like the idea of less is more. Unless you're a girl, a cigar or a steak in which case too skinny is not so good"
The 'girl, cigar and steak' line - Ricky D '07

[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2008-01-03 20:28 ]
MadRabbit
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-01-03 21:58
Maser Reset has two kind. Reset settigs, or reset all.
if you choose reset settings, you don't need to backup anything, it will just reset all settings your phone and your phone will be as same as just out of the box.
But if you do the reset all, it will remove all your personal things such as ringtones, pictures, themes, etc. If you want do this, you must backup all of your personal things from your phone.
I did, but only one thing you can't restore is Demo tour. Doesn't matter you did back it up and do restore it where exactly it was, The "Demo Tour" menu of your "Entertainment" will not active anymore, but it is not means that you can't play demo video from file manager or media player, it means only menu will not active. Some phones can be restore demo tour but not in case of K850. I did what can I do all, but it doesn't come again.
MadRabbit
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-01-03 22:04
After reset setting, of course you have to setup internet and mms profile again because it also remove when you do it.

In my case, unbranded K850i from Neterland, it has Marbel Madness and WGA tour, wasn't remove when I did reset all.
FaceWarp, HP Print, Photo Mate wasn't removed.
And two of Theme, Laser Precision and Crystal, wasn't remove as well.
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-01-03 22:18
on my o2 I didnt loose anything, i didnt loose my mms or wap settings either as there are programmed in on the o2 branding.

I have also reset a unbranded k850i and the phone didnt loose anything either, only thing on this phone was that the mms and wap settings had to be resent using the SE site.

VF which ive seen now has been updated never came with marble madnes, although you can buy it from VF.
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-01-03 22:44
I haven't lost WAP or MMS settings either. Well, definitely not WAP anyway, I haven't tried MMS. (Mines an O2 branded phone btw)
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-01-03 22:45
Mines o2 branded and i didnt loose anything
larry 68
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2008-01-03 22:57
Is anyone experiencing problems with their battery since doing the update ?

Before update I was getting up to 3 days from one charge but now Its only lasting 1 day max. In the 1st 24hrs after updating with SEUS the phone froze and could only be restarted by taking out the battery, any chance that this is why im having problems ??
angelm713
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-01-03 23:00
Unbranded, "Reset Settings", I lost my MMS/Internet, Contact Pictures/Ringtones, Voice Control contacts. and of course, had to reset Themes. I didn't lose actual data, but having lots of contact pics/ringtones, that was tedious.

Been too afraid of "Reset All" as well because I was afraid of losing Original Themes and Games. Also, I have 3 purchased games that I'm not sure if I'd have to buy again. I think that site lets you re-download for a year if you login, though.
Paco
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-01-03 23:02
Just to clarify the master reset thing. When doing a Master Reset All, everything that is not part of the phone's firmware will be deleted if it lives on the phone's memory. Most things, like pics, sounds, videos, etc, can be moved to the memory card and will be fine. That is why I keep most things on the memory card. As mentioned Apps and Games are more problematic, as even those on the memory card become 'disassociated' from the phone, and do not work. Therefore I always keep games and apps on the phones memory.

Now, some sounds, games, themes, etc ARE part of the phone's firmware, and will remain after the reset.

Now about settings (WAP, MMS, etc.). In unbranded phones, these settings are not part of the firmware, and will therefore be lost. On branded phones these settings ARE part of the firmware, and will therefore remain.

So, what remains after a master reset all very much depends on the flavor of firmware you have.

EDIT: When doing a settings reset, my comments above basically apply the same way.

[ This Message was edited by: Paco on 2008-01-03 22:04 ]
DCUK7
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-04 01:02
@larry 68

I have noticed that the battery consumption has increased in this firmware (which I am not happy about as it wasn't brilliant to begin with).

This morning I had 82% when I left the house at 6.30am. I sent a couple of texts and checked my e-mails over 3G. By 10am when my phone crashed due to me putting a Nokia Micro SD card in the phone the battery reported 47%.

By lunchtime (1pm) I had to start charging it again as it dropped to 27%. I am starting to miss the reliability of my K800i now. Hopefully I can get my hands on a W960i and offload this phone!
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-04 01:04
@DCUK7
That's terrible! You do know that this is not normal, right? Before I messed mine up, I could use it for days before I had to charge it.
DCUK7
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-04 01:12
Yes, I know its bad but its been flashed twice by SEUS and had the master reset done on it.

To be fair, this drastic battery drain has only happened once, but with this update I usually tend to lose about 30-ish percent power per day, which may be down to having HSDPA coverage all the time (with my K800i the SIM card I had was a 2G one) but I would still expect it to last longer.

Maybe it was down to the crash because when it crashed after putting in that Nokia SD card I had to remove the battery and that is when I noticed how much the battery meter went down.
br@dley
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-01-04 04:50
I can chew through a battery over lunch if I'm listening to music and going mad with the camera (using BestPic), have bluetooth on, push email on....

On v37 I've had a lot less crashes during heavy use (as above).

Has anyone else had problems with BestPicoccasionally taking the same photo 9 times??? I posted about it before and it's still annoying me (v37).

Another interesting thing happened today. When I went to turn the camera off the auto focus light came on... also when shutting down it looks like it is taking a pic on the screen (the green indicator etc).
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 929394 ... 695696697  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic